The Kiss That Shouldn't Have Happened | Teen Ink

The Kiss That Shouldn't Have Happened

By kodabear95 SILVER, Northglenn, Colorado
kodabear95 SILVER, Northglenn, Colorado

Certain things catch the eye, but pursue only the things that capture the heart. - old Indian saying

It all started with a kiss. The kiss that never should've happened. We weren't even supposed to meet. But i couldn't help myself. I guess you could say it all started with that very first look...

Our eyes met while he was onstage. I was in the 3rd row, so I know he was looking at me. It was only a second or two, but it felt like an eternity. After that look, you couldn't do or say anything to wipe that smile off my face. Now that he knew where I was sitting, he looked at me during every song. Even though it was only for a second each time, my heart started to race and my knees went weak, despite the fact I was sitting. Those gorgeous blue eyes were even more beautiful in person. When it was time for Caledonia, I couldn't help but feel a little bit sad. I perked up when he pointed at me at the end of the song. Having seen the DVDs multiple times, I pointed back and sang along. He smiled and I smiled back. When the last notes had been sung and the applause was starting to die down, I started heading for the exit. Without realizing it, my dad had parked in the lot near the buses. He told me just to meet him by car, so I started heading that way. I walked along with my head down, I was just looking for stuff that I could possibly trip on, when I bumped into somebody. I raised my head to apologize, but nothing came out as I realized who I had bumped into. He looked at me.
"Oh you're the girl from the third row!" he said in his sexy Irish accent. Still unable to find my words, I just nodded.
"I'm terribly sorry. I didn't realize you were right there," he continued. Thankfully, I found my words right then.
"Oh no, it's my fault. I should've been paying more attention... I'm REALLY sorry. I'll just... I'm gonna go now..." I told him. I started walking towards the car to wait for my dad.

I heard gravel crunching, so I turned, expecting to find my dad, but to my surprise, I saw Damian strolling towards me. I thought Ok, we talked for all of a minute. Is he my stalker now or what? Although he would be a very cute stalker... I snapped out my thoughts. I just leaned against the car, trying my hardest to not turn around squealing.
"Hey, I didn't catch your name," he said. I turned towards him.
"Ya know, my mom always told me to not talk to strangers..." I said sarcastically then smiled at him. He looked a little taken aback by my "oh-so-well-thought-out" comment, so I said,
"Hey, I just kidding..." I internally slapped my forehead. He smiled at me. My heart raced.
"Oh no its fine. But seriously, what's your name?" he laughed. I decided it wouldn't be too bad to tell the guy of my dreams my name.
"Koda, short for Dakota."
"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Koda." I wanted nothing more than to just melt into his arms right there. He came over to stand by me. My heart was pretty much jumping out of my chest, but I played it cool.
"What brings you over here to talk to me? I mean, I'm just some random fan who bumped into you." I asked.
"I just wanted to see why a pretty girl like yourself would take an interest in me." he replied. OH MY GOSH HE THINKS I'M PRETTY!!! I smiled at him.
"Hmm... That's a good question. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to with the fact that you have gorgeous eyes and a gorgeous smile and an amazing voice." I felt my cheeks start to get warm as he laughed. I melted inside even more. He moved a couple steps closer to me. I had to look up even more considering the 7-inch height difference. I only had to get on my tiptoes and our lips would meet... For the second time tonight, I had to snap back to reality.
"Speaking of gorgeous eyes, are your eyes brown?" he asked. I felt my blush deepen.
"They're actually dark brown. It's really hard to tell, even in the daytime." He leaned in to get a better look. I started freaking out on the inside.
"It is pretty hard to tell. But I can tell that they are beautiful." He smiled again. Does he realize what his smiles do to me??? Probably not. I backed up a step.
"If my dad comes out and sees us that close he'll totally freak out." I told him. Damian took a step closer to me.
"Maybe he won't. And maybe I like being this colse to someone as beautiful as you." he replied. Breathe...in...out...in...out... No hyperventilating. Not tonight.
"I really should try to find him..." I said, more to myself than him.

I started to walk away, thinking How can you just walk away from him like that?!?! How?!?!? I ignored these thoughts and kept on walking. Then I felt his hand on my arm. He turned me back towards him and before I could even think about asking what he was doing, he leaned down and kissed me. At first, I was shocked and surprised, but that didn't last for long. I moved my arms to where my hands would be behind his neck, and he moved his arms to around my waist. It felt...amazing. Not that it was my first kiss, but this kiss was in a league of its own. What felt like an eternity later, I leaned back slightly to end the kiss. I really didn't want to, but I had a feeling that the rest of the guys would walk out soon.
"You should probably go. You're in Vegas tomorrow, remember?"
"Mmm... I wish you could come with me." he responded. I nuzzled against his neck.
"I wish I could go too, but I'm still in school." He looked...disappointed. I had never seen him look like that. I was getting ready to say something, but guess who decides to show up right then.
"Well, well, well looks like Damo been busy for the last couple of minutes!" Paul teased with a grin on his face. Oh, we're still hugging... Haha I forgot about that. But I honestly don't care. I'm finally with the guy I've been in love with for the past 18 months. Paul was followed by Ryan. He came over to us.
"Don't worry about Paul. He's the...comedian of the group. I'm..."
"Ryan, I know. My sister likes you. Especially your biceps." I giggled.
"Well, it was nice meeting you!" he said as he walked back towards the bus, chuckling.
"Eh, Keith! Keith!" Damian motioned for him to come over. As he got closer, he smiled and laughed.
"Well, looks like Damo has found himself a girlfriend! And a very pretty one at that." Keith said laughingly. I looked quizzically at Damian.

Turning to Keith, he said,
"She ain't me girlfriend. Unless... Koda?" He turned back to me. I raised my eyebrow, havong an idea of what he was going to ask.
"Koda, do you wanna hang out sometime? I mean, I think we're comin' back this way on our way to Texas..." he asked. I feigned thinking, just to make him sweat. I already knew my answer.
"I would love to hang out." I said smiling.
"Way to go!" Keith slapped him on the back. Damian gave him a look and he left, but not without a good laugh first.
"I never thought a pretty girl like you would want to go out with me." he told me. I just got on my tiptoes and kissed him again.

This time he was the one to pull away, since the rest of the guys were shouting for him to hurry up. He looked back at me.
"I'm sorry, but I really have to go now. I promise we'll hang out when we roll through again." he promised. I just kissed his cheek and released him from my embrace. He turned and walked towards the bus. Just before he got on, he turned back to me and gave me one last heart-melting smile. I was sad to him go, but I knew he would be back. My dad finally made it to the car. When he walked up, I was still smiling.
"What're you so happy about?" he asked. I just shook my head and said,
"Let's go home. I'm tired." He turned back to the door and got in.

As soon as I got home, I took out my jounal and wrote: I can't wait for Damian to come back!!! The concert was amazing, but out by the buses was the best After I wrote that, I put it away and fell asleep, still smiling.

"Geez, I swear that was the longest week of my life!" I thought out loud. My friends gave me really weird looks. Oops, they don't know why I was waiting for this week to be over. Forgot I didn't tell anyone... Oh well. The concert was over a week ago, but it still cast a very nice haze over my mind. I would even dream about the kiss sometimes (I know that sounds stalker-ish, but I'm totally not a stalker). Most nights I woke up with a smile on my face.

As the weekend approached, I was constantly checking my Twitter to see when Damian updated that they were back in town. Around noon, I finally got my wish. When my phone went off, I expected it to be a Facebook update, but it was Damian tweeting! I started freaking out.
"MOM!!!!!!! WE NEED TO GO DOWNTOWN RIGHT NOW!!!! NO I'M SERIOUS!!!!!!!" I screamed. My mom just gave me a look like I was seriously pushing it. That wasn't the first time I had gotten that look though, so I just ignored it. I was on a really awesome adrenaline rush, so I was totally ready to run all the way to downtown, but as my sister soon reminded me, it was "...way too dangerous to do that, you'll get shot!" For once she was the voice of reason, so I waited as patiently as I could for my mom to start the car and drive me down there.

I frantically searched for anyone for CT, knowing that they'll most likely be together. Spotting Keith, I squealed while trying to ask my mom to pull over. I managed to get myself together enough to get out of the car and walk up.
"Hey Keith, I'm not sure if you remember..." He grinned at me. I'm just going to take that as a yes.
"Of course I remember you! You're the girl who was hangin' all over Damo after the Denver concert!" Ok that's who he remembers me as? That's just great.
"Well, is Damian with you?"
"Hold on. I'll be right back." So he left me standing there, in the middle of the sidewalk. It's not like there's much else to do besides wait here I thought.

After what felt like forever later, I heard something. I had sat down on a nearby bench, so I looked around me. As it turns out, it was Keith sauntering back over to me. He had the biggest smile on his face. But... Damian wasn't anywhere in sight.
"Umm...I think he went back to buses...I"m sorry..." Keith told me, all the while trying not to laugh. I decided to play the part of wounded lover.
"Oh. I guess I'll go then. Sorry to waste your time like that." I said in my best depressed voice. I must've been pretty convincing, since he looked shocked that I believed him. I was totally playing the part to the max. I turned and walked away VERY slowly, secretly hoping Damian would come and "make me happy again". As I got farther away, I heard running. Hmm, maybe my wish came true... But only one way to find out. Turning around (still looking depressed), I saw that Damian was sprinting towards me! I felt like I was going to faint right there, and luckily I didn't.

It took everything in me to not jump into his arms. When I smiled, it was the most genuine smile I had probably ever smiled. He stopped just short of me, trying to decide whether to hug or kiss me. I guess he made his decision pretty fast as he embraced me tightly then leaned down and kissed me. I surrendered myself to his loving kiss for a few more seconds, then I twirled away from him.
"Did Keith give ya a hard time?" he asked me with a "serious" tone and expression. I laughed.
"I saw right through it." I answered with a smile. I couldn't help but hug him again. He hugged me back and we kind of rocked back and forth for a while. He smiled back and once again I almost fell from my knees going weak.

Once again, we were walking hand in hand towards Keith. Keith grinned at us and I rolled my eyes playfully at him. We kept walking past him and soon we ran into the infamous Swanky Tenor. Paul gave us a mischevous grin and I wondered what he was up to. I soon found out what he had in store for us.
"Eh Damo, been to Victoria's Secret lately?" he asked as we approached. I'm pretty sure Damian gave him a murderous glare because Paul went from smiling one minute to kind of sheepish looking the next. I raised my eyebrow at Damian and he shook his head. I vaguely remembered them tweeting something about that, but I couldn't remember for sure.

This is purely a fan-fiction piece about the amazing and gorgeous Damian McGinty of Celtic Thunder, an amazing Irish singing ensemble.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

reading that made me think of my irish ex... lol

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

Wow, really good. Slighty confused with the puncuation errors and runons, but overall really good!

liveloudly said...
liveloudly, Thornton, Colorado

"You're only as tall as your heart will let you be, and you're only as small as the world will make you seem. And when the going gets rough, and you feel like you may fall, just look on the brightside, you're roughly six feet tall." -Nevershoutnever

lol yesyes(:

kodabear95 SILVER, Northglenn, Colorado

cynthia! haha ok :D

liveloudly said...
liveloudly, Thornton, Colorado

oh lol ok. well its aamazing great job :)

this is Cynthia btw

kodabear95 SILVER, Northglenn, Colorado

thanks! this is the first story i published on a website like this one

kodabear95 SILVER, Northglenn, Colorado

only in my wildest dreams it would be true... haha :)

liveloudly65 said...
wow. amazing koda! :D i feel rly stupid asking this but...is it true??

SarClark BRONZE, NC, Connecticut
Wow! I was slightly confused in the beginning but I really liked it :) Great job!!!