Junie B. Jones: Middle School Extraordinare- Chapter 1- Not Almost 6 | Teen Ink

Junie B. Jones: Middle School Extraordinare- Chapter 1- Not Almost 6

By Drama_Queen13 DIAMOND, Nantucket, Massachusetts
Drama_Queen13 DIAMOND, Nantucket, Massachusetts

"Live Life Like A Song."

My name is Junie B. Jones. The ‘B’ stands for Beatrice. Except I don’t like Beatrice. I just like B and that’s all.

But no one calls me Junie anymore.

Now everybody I know calls me June B. but never, EVER, will I allow them to call me June Jones. It just sounds weird. The same way calling me ‘June Beatrice Jones” would sound weird. Sometimes I wish my parents had named me something else. When I was almost 6 (not WHEN I was 6; just nearly there) I wanted to be named Pinkie Gladys Gutzman. I still happen to find that a very interesting name. ANYTHING seems more interesting than “June Beatrice Jones”. That was around the same time I wanted to be a Beauty Shop Guy and so I cut off my own hair. Thank Good Gravy that Mrs. noticed and told my mother so that we could get it fixed all nice. I remember lots of stuff from when I was a little kid; hating the school bus, Mr. Scary, Lucille’s rich nana, being a dumb bunny……I could write a series of kids’ books about all the crazy things I did!

But I’m not almost-6 or 1st grade Junie B. Jones anymore.
I’m almost 12, and almost 12 means I’m going to middle school!
Middle school is a big school that big kids go to. It’s a giant leap from childhood to almost-kind of- adulthood; lockers, showers, popularity, YIKES! Fortunately, I’m set for my first day; I’ve got my best friends-since-kindergraden-when-I-was-almost-6. They’re names are Lucille and That Grace. Except I don’t call them that anymore, just like they don’t call me Junie B. anymore. I call Lucille Lucy and That Grace is Gracie now. I laugh whenever I think of the names I used to give people; Mrs., That Grace, Rich Nana…there were loads of them! Unfortunately, while my best friends are going to middle school with me, so are some kids I would be very pleased to run over with a big stupid smelly bus. Namely; May. I have not liked May since I sat next to her in First grade. We are NOT two peas in a pod. It doesn’t matter though, my OTHER best friends from 1st grade will be there with me; Jose, Herb, Lennie, and Sheldon. They are my boyfriends. But I’m NOT in love with them! Also there’s Jim. We hated each other in kindergarten, but now we have more of a sort of-friendly rival as mother would say. To get to my middle school, I must ride with a friend from long ago who didn’t start out as a friend.
His name is the school bus.
If you knew me when I was in kindergarten, you’d know about how much I hated the bus that was supposed to take me to school every day. After getting into BIG trouble in school over the bus (believe me, it’s a LONG story) and after meeting Gracie, the bus was a fun place. Kind of as much fun as recess! I jumped out of bed this morning and zoomed to my bathroom to get ready for the 6th grade. The mirror person looking back at me had messy plain brown hair (urgh! I ALWAYS wanted a more fascinating color of hair) that went a little past her shoulders, she was a little short (but mother said I’d shoot up in no time- Like a bean stalk!) and green eyes (again; BORING!!! I used to want two different colored eyes). I put my new 1950’s styled glasses before brushing my hair & teeth. I put on my new school outfit; a purple skirt that looked like velvet and a little pink sweater. I put white knee socks & shiny black patent leather shoes (I spit on them extra good so they’d be REALLY shiny!). I looked in the mirror again, happy with my outfit, but it was defiantly missing something. I tap, tap, tapped my chin wondering what it could be and then I saw it. A big, pink bow! I put it on speedy quick, and when I was satisfied with my appearance, I zoomed right into the kitchen to eat breakfast with my little brother Ollie.
Some things just never change; Even when you’re almost 12.

I always loved the Junie B. Jones books; and as I was reading them to my little sister I started wondering what happened to the adorable, ever-child-like, hilarious Junie B. as she grew up? I decided to write about Junie becoming a 6th grader & bringing back all her childhood friends & craziness we all love! Enjoy!

on Apr. 29 2017 at 9:20 pm
Artistic_Geek_Roo_10 SILVER, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of places, but only if one remembers to turn on the light."
Albus Dumbledore

OH MY GOSH I love this! I used to read this 24/7 when I was little!

KNB203 said...
on Apr. 4 2017 at 9:27 pm
I'm crying I loved these books so much

erellith2007 said...
on Mar. 28 2017 at 11:10 pm
Is there any more?

Kaylovekbm said...
on Nov. 29 2016 at 8:45 pm
You do realize what FanFiction is, right? Or are you just trying to be a jerk?

Kaylovekbm said...
on Nov. 29 2016 at 8:45 pm

on Oct. 24 2016 at 10:18 am
MomoTheLemur BRONZE, Burlington City, New Jersey
We are shutting you done due to all the copyright. Talk unoriginality.

on Apr. 9 2014 at 1:34 pm
I love junie b jones books and games!

alpugh said...
on Apr. 2 2013 at 7:54 pm
junie be  is crazy

on Jan. 21 2012 at 9:11 am
i home they make a book abt junie b going into 6th grade

on Oct. 10 2011 at 12:28 am
TessaGraves394 BRONZE, South Haven, Michigan

I love this. It is the perfect voice, it sounds just like Junie B.!!!! I used to read those books all the time, and this brought back happy memories...

I really hope there will be more!

on Aug. 30 2011 at 1:10 pm

"Live Life Like A Song."

I had no idea that this was going to be so popular! Thanks everybody!

on Jun. 13 2011 at 3:08 pm
JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

This is all kinds of right!!!! They should definately make Junie B. Jones books that center around her in middleschool!!!  Although I would've thought that Lucille and Junie B. wouldn't be friends any more.  Great job!!!!!

Ryter said...
on Jun. 13 2011 at 9:22 am
"Some things just never change; even when you're almost 12."

on Mar. 19 2011 at 7:16 pm

"Live Life Like A Song."

I haven't worked on this in awhile, but my point was that she's still going to be very immature while everyone else in 6th grade is going to be growing up. I'll develop that more in later chapters

on Feb. 23 2011 at 5:02 pm
maggumsx SILVER, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
I remember those books and they were great. This sounds a lot like her; its hilarious. But after all those years, wouldn't she sound a little more mature?

ocean breeze said...
on Feb. 15 2011 at 11:14 pm
I totally love Junie B. Jones. I have been reading them since I was in kinder garden. I sure hope to buy more Junie B. Jones books a lot soon when I get the chance. I have also been reading them online since I had already read all of them.

on Dec. 11 2010 at 3:40 pm
MysteryHeart GOLD, Thorold, Other

Usted es especial! AKWARD!!! (in an opera like voice), ohhh fasha', what the huh?,who in the name of what?, sanity now!

I love Junie B Jones Keep going this is excellent.

on Oct. 30 2010 at 5:50 pm
TheMalfunctioningWallflower BRONZE, Houston, Texas

"GET THE CAT!!!"

"I did wood paneling."

"Do not FEAR the Crooked Zipper!! EMBRACE the Crooked Zipper!!!"

"What's better than infinity?"

"Wear your helmets, we'll be reaching speeds of three!"

"You could walk on your hands and catch up to him!"

I haven't read Junie B. Jones in years but reading that, it was REALLY good.

on Oct. 14 2010 at 8:23 pm
Dragonscribe BRONZE, West Lafayette, Indiana

"A Person's a Person no Matter how Small"
and
"A Rose by Any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet"
and
"God helps those who help themselves"

i LOVE this! You even got all the phrases, like "speedy-quick" and "tap, tap, tapped my chin" from the old books. I used to read those all the time, and this is definitely the right voice. A lot of it was just a flashback, but i think that's okay. Overall, it's EXCELLENT! : )

on Oct. 6 2010 at 1:51 pm
oddballinthegroup GOLD, Wausau, Wisconsin

pinaple is my favorite vegitable

you should write more junie b jones ones i liked this one i still love her books