Trapped In An Elevator | Teen Ink

Trapped In An Elevator

March 29, 2010
By Jenna Kaschinske SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Jenna Kaschinske SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the corner of the elevator, stood a 6’5”, mysterious man. He wore sunglasses to hide his blood shot eyes, and mumbled to himself to what sounded like lyrics to a song. As the elevator went up it stopped at the highest level to pick up a quirky Blonde who wasn’t afraid to say anything.

“HEY THERE MAN!… My names Ellen put er’ there!” she said.

Dave just stood there looking at the flimsy hand in front of him and said “The names dave, Dave Matthews, nice to meet you.”

“Oh… the quiet type I see, well then… I’ll just stand over here!” she said mimicking him.

As the elevator went up Dave started to mumble to himself again. “Um… did you just say something,” said Ellen.

“Yeah, I asked if you have ever had my Cornbread?”

“Well… that’s not a question you hear every day, but no I have not. What’s it like?” she said rolling her eyes

“Well, it’s a little bit of heaven, and a little bit of awe yeah!”

“Oh. Sweet?”

As the elevator went down, it stopped at the fourth floor, to pick up a scrawny little boy, carrying a six pack.

“Um.. Hi?” the boy said stuttering. “The names, McLovin!”

“How old are you McLovin?” Ellen said with a confused look on her face.

“Old enough!” McLovin said shouting back.

“Old enough for what?” asked Dave.

“To Party!” said McLovin.

Suddenly the elevator stopped right on the 2nd floor and the lights go out!

“ OH MY GOSH! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?” said McLovin screaming like a little girl.

“Wait! What was that?” said Ellen

“What was what?” asked Dave

“Are you my conscious?” said Ellen

“Um.. Yeah, Yeah, I am your conscious! Tell me Ellen, do you see anything?” asked Dave

“OF COURSE SHE DOESN’T SEE ANYTHING! ITS PITCH BLACK IN HERE!” McLovin quickly ran to the corner of the elevator and started to hyperventilate.

“Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down you wanna know what you’ve gotta do?” Ellen said as she got into McLovin’s face.

“No, I don’t wanna know!”

“Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.” Ellen continued to sing until the elevator started.

“Wow… thanks now you’ve got that song stuck in my head!” said McLovin

The elevator slowly moves down to the first floor. The doors open. Dave stood in the door way turned and looked at both McLovin and Ellen, and said “Funny the way it is, if you think about it.” And walked away.