Chance Encounter with the Donnie Kind Chapter 2 | Teen Ink

Chance Encounter with the Donnie Kind Chapter 2

By Moura225 BRONZE, Francestown, New Hampshire
Moura225 BRONZE, Francestown, New Hampshire

I couldn’t believe two weeks had passed since I met Donnie. I had found his number the following day when I took a break from homework to clean. After the first awkward phone call, we talked almost every day when he had free time after being a father and a business man. I woke up on Saturday to my phone vibrating across my dresser and onto the floor. When I picked it up, I saw the usual Twitter updates and a couple of messages from a number that instantly put a smile on my face. I opened the first message from 6am.
Hey beautiful, time 2 Rise N Grind.
Confused as to why Donnie was texting me at 6 in the morning, I opened the next message from 6:15am.
Come on beautiful, I no u can hear ur phone. Plz meet me downstairs in 20.
I looked at the clock and sighed. He was leaving me under 10 minutes to get ready. He really should have given me a heads up, but the surprise had me wide awake and ready to see where this was heading, I quickly texted back as I grabbed clothes to put on.
Just 2 let you know I am txting in my sleep. Why would u think waking someone at 6am would be an intelligent idea?
Grumpy, grumpy, U had better be up or I will come up there
So mister mysterious, what are the plans 4 2day?
If I told u it wouldn’t b a surprise, but I will let u no that warm clothes would b a good idea
Fine, b that way *huffs* I need coffee b4 I function tho
I no that, got ur cup down here w/ me waiting 4 u. R u coming down or do I have 2 get u?
I’m coming I’m coming
Good, c u soon

I grabbed my keys and a jacket to throw over my sweater and walked out the door. I slid my sneakers on as I walked down the stairs and out the doors to Donnie, who was leaning way too sexily against his Land Rover. He helped me into the passenger seat and handed me my medium hot chocolate, before getting into the driver’s seat and took us to our first destination. When we parked at the beach I was confused, it was nowhere near being warm enough to swim, so that wasn’t part of the plan, and then it all clicked when Donnie joined me with a picnic basket and the flannel blanket from the back of his car. He was giving me breakfast on the beach. After a wonderful breakfast, that looked like it had been packed by an eight year old, we watched the surf come in and romped through the shallower waves. When I got a text from my roommates reminding me about the Homecoming game, we got back into the Land Rover and made our way back to campus. Donnie patiently explained what was going on during the game and made the win that much more enjoyable. He had to film in Boston the next day so we said good bye shortly after the game ended with a promise to call each other the next day.