Just Forget | Teen Ink

Just Forget

December 29, 2009
By hobbyhorse BRONZE, Abbeville, Louisiana
hobbyhorse BRONZE, Abbeville, Louisiana
3 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live, Laugh,Love
Love me just for a bit,
I don't do sadness not even a little bit I just don't need it in my life...
I love your light
The world is perfect. It is only its inhabitants that need changing.


The fire crackled softly. The common room was empty except for a girl in the corner. Her head was lying on a pile of books, a quill lying loosely in her hand. Rose was like her mother, always finishing some report or studying for a test. She had been up, yet again, studying. The portrait hole swung open and Scorpius Malfoy entered the room. He wasn’t actually supposed to be there. He was a Slytherin and this was Gryffindor common room. He spotted Rose in the corner and smiled. He walked over to her and shook Rose gently. “Rose?” he whispered, “Rose?” She moaned and her eyes fluttered open. She saw Scorpius’s face. “Scorpius what are you doing here?” she asked, “How did you get in?” “Hugo gave me the password” “Gave you?” she asked, looking skeptical. “I-I might have forced him to tell me” “Scorpius…” “I wanted to see you!” “Don’t be like your father” Annoyance flicked across his face. “Why?” “Why what?” she asked. “Why do have to always bring him up?” “Because that’s why my father doesn’t like you, because you’re a Malfoy”, she answered. He sighed. “I am what I am, not my parents”, he said, sitting down beside her. “I like you for who you are”, Rose said. He took her face in his hands but she turned away. “Scorpius, you know we can’t be together” “Why? Because of our fathers?” he asked, “Are you really that afraid Rose?” She didn’t reply. “I just want to be with you, that’s all” “Well, it’s very bloody hard when our fathers are still fighting over some stupid thing that happened when they were in school” said Rose “And who knows when that was!” Scorpius smirked. “You haven’t heard it then”, he said. “Heard what?” “Do you know who Albus Dumbledore is?” he asked. “Yeah of course, the greatest headmaster Hogwarts has ever had.” she said, not quite sure where this conversation was leading. “Well, my father tried to kill him” said Scorpius, “Is that some little stupid school fight?” “Why’d he try?” “Why do you think? For Voldermort! He worked for him! That’s something he’s proud of” Rose’s face creased with confusion. “Well, it’s over now. Voldermort’s dead. It’s the past” “But don’t you see”, he said, “I’m branded. I’m the kid of the guy who tried to kill the greatest wizard of all time. People judge me because of my parents, because of my dad! That’s probably why my father doesn’t like me. My father said that yours was a lap dog. Lapdog to the great Harry Potter. Bet Albus is real proud. He thinks he’s high and mighty, kid of the hero.” “Don’t talk about my father that way!”yelled Rose “Why? It’s true. Dad told me so. He also said to stay away from rubbish like you!”he answered. “Rubbish?! The only rubbish here is you!” “At least I’m a pure blood! My mum isn’t a mudblood!” Rose’s eyes filled with tears. “I can see him. Your father. The killer! The traitor!” Scorpius caught his mistake. “R-Rose please. It just slipped out” Rose nodded. “Stay away!” she yelled, pushing him out through the portrait hole. “Wait, Rose-!” But the painting swung shut. He growled in frustration and slapped the wall. He’d been so stupid. Why did he call her mum a mudblood? The term was forbidden by the headmistress. He didn’t want to be like that. Like his father. He rubbed his eyes and headed back to his dormitory. He didn’t want to be catch by the caretaker, Graham. He reached the common room and collapsed into and armchair by the fire. “Where’ve you been?” asked a voice behind him. He turned and saw Albus Potter standing behind him. “Why do you care?” he asked, rising from the chair. “Just making sure you weren’t on some secret date with my sister”, said Albus. Scorpius scoffed. “I’m no going for your sister twit”, he said, “She’s ugly anyway” Albus’s face hardened. “Dad was right. Once a Malfoy always a Malfoy.” Scorpius walked up to him. “Look, you have no idea what my father’s been through!” Scorpius shouted. Albus smiled. “Guess what? I do. My dad went through the same exact thing.” “Well your dad was goody two shoes! He didn’t work for the dark lord.” “The Dark Lord? No one calls him that anymore. Except his most loyal followers. Are you one of them?” Scorpius screamed and rammed Albus up against the wall. “Don’t even go there” hissed Scorpius, “I don’t want to be like him. I never want to be and I never will. Don’t make it hard enough”. “What’s going on here?!” asked one of the prefects, coming down the stairs. Scorpius let go of Albus. “Nothing. Just talking.” he said. “That doesn’t look like talking” said the prefect. “Do I have to call the professor?” “No we were just going”, said Albus. Scorpius followed him up the steps. Albus gave him one last look before going into his dormitory. Scorpius wearily climbed into bed. He pulled the covers over his head but didn’t sleep.



Scorpius tried to talk to Rose all day the next day but she avoided him. He had made himself look like a git last night. “She doesn’t want to talk to you Scorpius”, said one of her friends, “Whatever you said to her last night really pissed her off”. “Look just tell her I’m sorry”, he said. “I’m not a messenger, Scorpius. Tell her yourself” and she walked away. Scorpius sighed and headed for the Great Hall. “What’s up mate?” asked his friend, Calvin. “My life sucks”, he said biting into his food. “Don’t all are our lives suck?” said Calvin, “We’re Slytherins! Accept it!” “You know Rose Weasly?” “The Gryffindor you’re always after?” asked Calvin. “Yeah her”, Scorpius said,” Well I got into their common room and let’s just say it didn’t go exactly as planned” “What were you planning mate? A make out session and a tender I love you from a girl? Seriously, she’s a Gryffindor and you’re a Slytherin! You must’ve heard the stories. You’re supposed to be sworn enemies. And adding to that, you’re a Malfoy. She’s a Weasly. You’d be calling her rubbish if you didn’t like her”. “Actually, I did call her rubbish last night” said Scorpius. “Nice, mate. Now she’s going to hate you” said Calvin. “You know you’re not really helping” he said, “Anyway, I’ve got to go”. He abandoned his plate and walked down toward the lake. He loosened his tie and slid down by a tree. It was hard enough being a Slytherin with an entire house that hated him. He was also a Malfoy, son of the traitor of the killer. He hated it every bit of his life. Everyone hated him instantly because they heard Malfoy. He buried his face in his hands and screamed. “Scorpius?” he heard. He looked up. He saw Rose. She smiled and said, “Hi”. “Hi”, he said. “Can we talk?”she asked. He nodded and she sat down beside him. “I’m sorry”, said Scorpius, “I’ve been such-““No, I’m the one who should be sorry. But what I said Scorpius, it’s in the past. No one cares about it anymore” Scorpius smirked. “I think I know a couple people who do” “Leave my and your parents out of it! It’s there problem, not ours”, she said, “Frankly, I think I quite like you” She touched his face and turned him toward her. She kissed him, like a sign of forgiveness. “Like Romeo and Juliet”, he said. She gave him a puzzled look. “I had to read it, after you told me about your dream”. Rose’s face reddened. “I never told you about that, did I?”she asked. “Maybe, maybe not” he said and kissed her again. She was right it was in the past. No one cared about it. Well, at least he didn’t.






The End


The author's comments:
Um...reading too many Rose/Scorpius fanfics