What if Edward hadn't stopped the van?

I was standing by the back corner of my truck, struggling to fight back the sudden wave of emotion the snow chains had brought on, when I heard an odd sound.

It was the high-pitched screech of tires against the road.

I looked behind me and gasped. Tyler’s van was coming right for me; I braced myself for the impact. I knew in the pit of my stomach that there was no way in hell I was going to make it out of this alive. I heard people screaming, and before closing my eyes took one fleeting glance at Edward who was being held back by his brother, Emmett I think.

The cars impact came quicker then I calculated, but I was never good at math. It knocked the air out of me and crushed my rib cage and legs. I couldn’t breathe. I knew what was coming, and I took it with open arms. Death has always seemed so much easier then life. The next thing I knew something cold and hard pierced the skin at my neck. I screamed even though I felt I had no lungs.

“Just keep your heart beating Bella. Please don’t give up yet. Please Bella.” I heard Edward’s musical voice force itself through my darkness. I had to obey him, I wanted to, but I didn’t no how to not give up. It was my body’s choice, not my own. I screamed again I agony.

“Push it off of her!” he yelled to only god knows who. I heard the car groan in protest, but felt Edward’s arms around me. I started to feel less and scream more. The pain of whatever Edward injected in me was worse then the car crushing me.

“Oh god, Alice she’s bleeding everywhere.”

“You and Jasper go, Emmett Rose and I can take care of her.” I felt myself being handed off to her, or maybe Emmett.

“Put her in the car, we have to take her to Carlisle. Stupid Edward couldn’t wait for the ambulance.” I continued to scream in pain.

What had I done to burn in hell?

evelyce_x23 said...
Apr. 21 at 12:42 pm:
I like your quote in this, "death has always seemed much easier then life" I agree, it seems so easy to do just end your life in a matter of seconds. It makes you think about how quickly your life could end a any moment.

LokiWhovian83This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 7 at 8:17 am:
I like this very much. Your prose is excellent. It makes me wonder what the rest of the books whould have been like, had there been any after this.

Freakylittledevil said...
Very nice twist in the story, hadn't thought about it like that :3

foxydramallamaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Love this. It really makes you think about what would happen if this did happen.

LinkinPark12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really good :3 interesting twist

DarkIsThyThought said...
Feb. 7, 2012 at 8:55 am:
Eew. What a disapointment. I had believed that this story was suppose to be making fun of twilight. Good writing skills, though.

DamonSalvatore1864 said...
Wow. This is awesome. I hope to see more from you...you're really good.

MidnightNow1127 said...
I don't know why, but I laugh when bad things happen to good people. I like it. Nicely done.

theavatar said...
nice.. i like it...... what would have happened if edward hadnt stopped the van :D i like it, looking forward to the next part

Vanendra said...
<3 very well written,but what happened to the humans watching? what did they see happen? <3

BrielleM said...
Jul. 10, 2010 at 7:56 am:
Very good! :) Very cool idea :)

mflower2 said...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 1:10 am:
You embody the writing style of Stephanie Meyers well.

EmeraldDiannaHope13 said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 12:33 pm:
So cool! keep writing <3

dant3 said...
May 6, 2010 at 7:46 pm:
i like it. i was curious due to the title of course (what an intriguing concept) and was surprising at my enjoyment of your story. it was well written and probably what would've happend in that situation. "Sttupid edward couldn't wait for the ambulence." - i love that line :)

JonasLover89 said...
Feb. 16, 2010 at 5:13 pm:
If I can speculate; I think they took her to the house, bit her, told everyone she died and moved away :)

Odyesseus replied...
Dec. 25, 2011 at 2:19 am :
Yaaaaaaaaah for bella dying

KK2013 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ahahaha, when i saw the title i laughed really hard, the series would have ended rather early!! i like your version, its more realistic then mine, in which Bella would die... good insight though!

Nicovera said...
Dec. 11, 2009 at 5:27 am:
Very interesting. I hadn't ever thought of what would have happened if one of the others had held Edward back. However, he was probably holding him back to keep him revealing what they were; wouldn't biting her in public be a bigger way to expose them? Not that I have a problem with the story, it was very incely done and I enjoyed it immensely (I read it 5 times!) Just wanted to throw that out there

Fallen_Freak replied...
Aug. 28, 2010 at 10:58 am :
I like this idea. It's really out there different in a good way.

GodsGirl36 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:29 pm :
The title caught my eye...I've always wondered the same thing. This is very well written and I like the idea. Sounds like it could work ;-)