The Unexpected Tale of Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy

A warm, late spring breeze swirled around the train station, Platform 9 ¾. Rose Weasley had stepped off the train, fresh off her third year, hand in hand with Scorpius Malfoy. She was hoping to part before either of their fathers saw them together. Mortal enemies in Hogwarts, mortal enemies for life. But of course, inheriting her father’s lack of luck, Ronald Weasley, with an embarrassed Hermione Weasley trailing behind, stormed up to the couple, fury raging behind green eyes.

“Oh… Mr. Weasley,” Scorpius began, trying to make a good impression by holding out his hand.

“Get away from my daughter, you foul pure blood!” Ron shouted. Hermione buried her head in her hands, trying to hide from the scene.

“But, dad, Scorpius isn’t who you think-“ Rose stuttered, getting cut off by her overly protective father.

“He is exactly who I know he is! A filthy, rude, Slytherin by heart!” Ron raged, fiery red hair standing on end.

“BUT HE’S NOT IN SLYTHERIN!” Rose screeched, causing all mouths to drop. Ron’s furious eyes emptied to blank confusion. Hermione’s hands slid away from her face and stepped forward to see this miraculous wonder; the first Malfoy not in Slytherin. By standers even glared with question.

“Then… what is it?” Ron inquired, curiously staring at Scorpius face. He resembled his father so much, how could he not be affected by the curse of Slytherin?

“Ravenclaw,” Scorpius spoke up. Hermione’s eyes brightened, a clever boy like Scorpius would be perfect for her intelligent daughter, Rose.

“But- I’ve seen you in Slytherin robes!” Ron paced, trying to figure this all out.

“I bought them. I wear them around my father. At school I hang out with Gryffindors Rose, James, Lilly, and Albus, and Ravenclaws like Lorena and Lyzar, Ms. Lovegood’s kids. The Slytherins disgust me, and they always pester me about my blood lines and evil ancestors,” Scorpius explained sufficiently.

“Ok then… Let’s go Rose… Say goodbye to your friend…” Hermione said, baffled. She helped Ron carry away her bags while they greeted Hugo.

“Scorpius!” Draco Malfoy called through the bustling halls of the platform.

“ Um… Dad. Hi,” Scorpius stuttered. Rose gripped his arm; It was time.

“What are you doing with that Weasley girl? Didn’t I tell you about her?” Draco scoffed, piercing black eyes darting around Rose’s face; her physical appearance was too striking to her father to ignore.

“Hello, Mr. Malfoy,” Rose stated politely. Draco sneered in response.

“Isn’t it nearly impossible for you to fancy her? You know, Slytherin vs. Griffyndor?” Draco inquired, sounding more like a nervous dad than pompous pure blood.

“Well… Dad. I’m not in Slytherin or Gryffindor,” Scorpius began.

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re a Hufflepuff!”

“No, I’m not… I’m a proud Ravenclaw who socializes with Lorena and Lyzar Lovegood, Ravenclaw, Griffydors Victorie, Hugo, Rose Weasley, and Teddy Tonks, and to your most dislike, James, Albus, and Lilly Potter,” Scorpius proudly declared, leaving his poor old father wordless. But without warning, the dark eyes were more than piercing. They were angry, furious, fuming with rage. Just when it seemed as if Draco Malfoy would have a hemorrhage, a dependable source interlude.

“Malfoy! Back off my niece and her friend,” Harry Potter bluntly affirmed, fingering his wand in the back pocket of his jeans.

“Ah, Potter, my old… nemesis,” Draco spit, the venom in his mouth more evident than his receding hairline, “as you may have heard, my…offspring… is none the less an ‘intellectual’ Ravenclaw, and no longer welcome in the House of Malfoy.”

“He is more than welcome to stay with Ginny, James, Albus, Lilly, Teddy, and I,” Harry nodded to an illuminated Scorpius.

“Please, I’d rather him stay with Weasleys,” Draco groaned. Rose brightened, exchanging a joyous look at Scorpius.

“And it shall be,” Hermione stepped up, Hugo, Bill, Fleur, Victorie, Teddy, Ron, Lilly, James, Albus, and Ginny all behind as the Potter-Weasley-Tonks-Potter clan.

“Take the disgusting Boggart. Pansy!” Draco sneered and turned away, snapping for his teary-eyed wife, who had been observing the whole time, to follow.

“Welcome to the family, Malfoy!” James cheered as the big happy family Apparated back to the Potters’ for a celebration.

Gryffinclaw8997 said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 1:42 pm:
This is really not my best writing! I actually just finished reading the whole series a week ago, and now I read it and I cringe hahaha. So if you want more HP fanfic, wait until the next chapter of "James and Lily Lived" comes out!

SharpieChance replied...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 5:17 pm :
I read this first before I knew what happened and didn't know that was how it was supposed to be sort of. Not Rose and Scorpius falling in love but that everyone got married and stuff. But then I read about the epilouge and read this again and it makes sense.

squidzinkpen said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:02 pm:
If someone had written something like this, would it be plagiarism? Not just like, but having Rose and Scorpius together.

InvisibleNerdGirl replied...
Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:37 pm :
I don't think so, 'cuz it's just the same idea, and it's a pretty broad idea too. Like your story with Rose and Scorpius (which is really good by the way :D) is actually lots different from this. And it is fanfiction, so you can get away with some copying as it's just for fun. :)

InvisibleNerdGirl replied...
Apr. 14, 2011 at 3:20 pm :
(*copying of the original book, I mean, as in using JKR's characters -- not copying of other fan fiction pieces.)

DiamondsIntheGrassThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 12:56 pm:
love the idea, but its just so... abrupt and the characters dont sound like themselves.

kielymarie said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 6:41 pm:
It's very choppy and a little awkward. Also when the characters spoke they didn't sound like themselves. And I don't think it's necessary for Scorpius to list the names of all the people he hangs out with- it's a common amateur mistake.

fireflynight said...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 12:05 pm:
Cool. I think it's kind of a funny, cute idea. :P I love this sort of thing.

crzybookworm said...
Jul. 18, 2010 at 3:39 am:
Its a little confusing, but I love the idea of the Wesley and Malfoy forbidean love.

Lindsay H. said...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:10 pm:
It was a very interesting story. a couple of grammer errors, but you should really keep writing. ;)

SocialCollision said...
Jul. 10, 2010 at 3:52 pm:
I like your writing style. I hate what you did to the charactors. It just doesnt fit!

Aileen_P said...
Jul. 10, 2010 at 1:31 pm:
i'm not sure what to say. it was odd but kinda interesting.:)

iCamilla said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 4:00 pm:
This is interesting, but I have to say that it's not really like the book at all.

darkvisions said...
May 25, 2010 at 3:56 pm:
This is a really good idea...I love the Rose-Scorpius/Weasley-Malfoy romance theme...but I think it could have been slightly better. Although there could very well be a change of heart, the fact remains that Malfoys are cold-hearted as a rule. There were also a few errors, such as Malfoy's wife, who is not, in fact, Pansy (refer to book 7). However, the quality of the writing is spectacular, and I loved it, particularly where you described Harry, and other parts as well. I myself am a huge ... (more »)

MusicBeyondBelief replied...
May 25, 2010 at 5:12 pm :
I know I messed up a lot! :|

darkvisions replied...
May 25, 2010 at 5:29 pm :
thats fine...the messups are actually what you'd think would happen in the seventh one...but I thought it was amazing anyway, keep writing!!!

eye4beauty said...
May 13, 2010 at 5:25 pm:
I liked the view point of it and the idea, but It needs to flow more to sound like an actual story that could be made into a movie script..... I wonder if she will write any more books :(

squidzinkpen replied...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 11:53 am :
She's apparently still writing, but she said she's done with Hogwarts. I wish someone else could take the story on. It could go on forever I think.

Dant3 said...
May 6, 2010 at 6:57 pm:
yeah, like the last two have said, its very akward sounding and it isn't following the storyline correctly. you got character's names wrong and feelings were misinterpreted. it was a really good idea... but it wasn't... quite right..

iwanttobeforeveryoung said...
May 3, 2010 at 6:36 pm:
I understand that this is your own interpretation, but I have to agree with with "Hornswaggler" said, in the epilogue Harry and Draco still didn't like each other but they had a truce and had accepted each other and Draco was on the light side.  I don't think he would have been that mad, or at least for those reasons.

Hornswaggler said...

I do like the story, it's a great idea. =3 It seems a bit too scripted though. I'm not sure how to describe it, but everything seems kinda...awkward sounding. And as far as I can remember, Draco didn't have nearly that strong of a grudge. They weren't exactly friends, but it was more of a grudging truce. x3

Great idea, it really is. =3 It could use a few tweaks here and there, but I like it.