The Unexpected Tale of Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy

By BeckoningLovely GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
BeckoningLovely GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware

"I think our favorite quotes say more about us than the people we are quoting," John Green

A warm, late spring breeze swirled around the train station, Platform 9 ¾. Rose Weasley had stepped off the train, fresh off her third year, hand in hand with Scorpius Malfoy. She was hoping to part before either of their fathers saw them together. Mortal enemies in Hogwarts, mortal enemies for life. But of course, inheriting her father’s lack of luck, Ronald Weasley, with an embarrassed Hermione Weasley trailing behind, stormed up to the couple, fury raging behind green eyes.

“Oh… Mr. Weasley,” Scorpius began, trying to make a good impression by holding out his hand.

“Get away from my daughter, you foul pure blood!” Ron shouted. Hermione buried her head in her hands, trying to hide from the scene.

“But, dad, Scorpius isn’t who you think-“ Rose stuttered, getting cut off by her overly protective father.

“He is exactly who I know he is! A filthy, rude, Slytherin by heart!” Ron raged, fiery red hair standing on end.

“BUT HE’S NOT IN SLYTHERIN!” Rose screeched, causing all mouths to drop. Ron’s furious eyes emptied to blank confusion. Hermione’s hands slid away from her face and stepped forward to see this miraculous wonder; the first Malfoy not in Slytherin. By standers even glared with question.

“Then… what is it?” Ron inquired, curiously staring at Scorpius face. He resembled his father so much, how could he not be affected by the curse of Slytherin?

“Ravenclaw,” Scorpius spoke up. Hermione’s eyes brightened, a clever boy like Scorpius would be perfect for her intelligent daughter, Rose.

“But- I’ve seen you in Slytherin robes!” Ron paced, trying to figure this all out.

“I bought them. I wear them around my father. At school I hang out with Gryffindors Rose, James, Lilly, and Albus, and Ravenclaws like Lorena and Lyzar, Ms. Lovegood’s kids. The Slytherins disgust me, and they always pester me about my blood lines and evil ancestors,” Scorpius explained sufficiently.

“Ok then… Let’s go Rose… Say goodbye to your friend…” Hermione said, baffled. She helped Ron carry away her bags while they greeted Hugo.

“Scorpius!” Draco Malfoy called through the bustling halls of the platform.

“ Um… Dad. Hi,” Scorpius stuttered. Rose gripped his arm; It was time.

“What are you doing with that Weasley girl? Didn’t I tell you about her?” Draco scoffed, piercing black eyes darting around Rose’s face; her physical appearance was too striking to her father to ignore.

“Hello, Mr. Malfoy,” Rose stated politely. Draco sneered in response.

“Isn’t it nearly impossible for you to fancy her? You know, Slytherin vs. Griffyndor?” Draco inquired, sounding more like a nervous dad than pompous pure blood.

“Well… Dad. I’m not in Slytherin or Gryffindor,” Scorpius began.

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re a Hufflepuff!”

“No, I’m not… I’m a proud Ravenclaw who socializes with Lorena and Lyzar Lovegood, Ravenclaw, Griffydors Victorie, Hugo, Rose Weasley, and Teddy Tonks, and to your most dislike, James, Albus, and Lilly Potter,” Scorpius proudly declared, leaving his poor old father wordless. But without warning, the dark eyes were more than piercing. They were angry, furious, fuming with rage. Just when it seemed as if Draco Malfoy would have a hemorrhage, a dependable source interlude.

“Malfoy! Back off my niece and her friend,” Harry Potter bluntly affirmed, fingering his wand in the back pocket of his jeans.

“Ah, Potter, my old… nemesis,” Draco spit, the venom in his mouth more evident than his receding hairline, “as you may have heard, my…offspring… is none the less an ‘intellectual’ Ravenclaw, and no longer welcome in the House of Malfoy.”

“He is more than welcome to stay with Ginny, James, Albus, Lilly, Teddy, and I,” Harry nodded to an illuminated Scorpius.

“Please, I’d rather him stay with Weasleys,” Draco groaned. Rose brightened, exchanging a joyous look at Scorpius.

“And it shall be,” Hermione stepped up, Hugo, Bill, Fleur, Victorie, Teddy, Ron, Lilly, James, Albus, and Ginny all behind as the Potter-Weasley-Tonks-Potter clan.

“Take the disgusting Boggart. Pansy!” Draco sneered and turned away, snapping for his teary-eyed wife, who had been observing the whole time, to follow.

“Welcome to the family, Malfoy!” James cheered as the big happy family Apparated back to the Potters’ for a celebration.

**SPOILER ALERT!**
I read and reread and Googled the epilogue,and firmly decided Rose Weasley and Scorpious Malfoy were only too meant to be.

wheelie21 said...
on Mar. 8 2012 at 6:23 pm
I think that the reactions are the funniest part.

disintegrate said...
on Mar. 3 2012 at 12:37 pm
disintegrate, Campbellville, Other

"I go to seek a great perhaps."

I'm going to be a Potterhead here and mention that Draco marries Astoria Greengrass, who's a Slytherin a year younger than him. Not really a big deal though because you only mention Draco's wife once, still a great fanfic!

disintegrate said...
on Mar. 3 2012 at 12:33 pm
disintegrate, Campbellville, Other

"I go to seek a great perhaps."

Hi! I thought this was overall well-written, and I really like that Scorpius is in Ravenclaw. The only critique I have is that I think Draco was a bit harsh, because in the end of the book he's sort of left the dark side. I also think there's not that much hatred between the Weasleys+Potters and the Malfoys, I know they'd never really be on friend terms but I think they've kind of left behind the past. Other then that I really like the Scorpius+Rose ship and I think you did an overall great job! Keep up the good work!

on Feb. 10 2012 at 10:54 am
i loved this it was awesome and i really hate malfoy but u changed that

on Feb. 6 2012 at 11:37 am
HannahLeah97 SILVER, Waukesha, Wisconsin
I'm going to sound like such a Harry Potter geek in this comment, but I must correct you. When Ron scoffs at Scorpius and calls him a pure blood, that can't possibly be a very valid insult because Ron is a pure blood as well. Also, doesn't Draco have grey eyes rather than black? lastly: Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw are my two favorite houses, thanks for including them (:

on Feb. 3 2012 at 8:12 am
MistrBrighterside BRONZE, Bethel, New York

"Move on. It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page." ~ Anonymous

I had, just yesterday, finished reading all of the HP series and I really like what you did with the epilogue. Although I have to agree with some of the other comments; Harry and Draco realized their positions as a adults compared to their teenage years, considering Harry had saved Draco I think twice in Deathly Hallows. I'd think they'd have a neutral relation. Overall it was creatively awesome!!

on Jan. 6 2012 at 3:04 pm
writereadlove GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

"If you'll not be forgotten
When you are old and rotten;
Write something worth the reading,
Or do something worth the writing."
--Benjamin Franklin

I agree with most of the people here. Draco definitely wasn't as evil when the books ended. I'm pretty sure he even nodded to harry in the epilouge, so he wouldn't be his nemisis anymore. although it was pretty unrealistic, i was already a strong believer in rose and scorpius (idk why).

on Jan. 4 2012 at 9:32 am

Rereading this, it is so far from canon it makes me cringe, so I apologize - I might re-write this at a later date!

Mirisa said...
on Jan. 4 2012 at 9:13 am
no. he married hannah abbott... i can't remember who luna married though... :/

on Dec. 28 2011 at 11:12 pm
writers_revenge BRONZE, Newport News, Virginia

I think that I'm so psychotic and so mentally ill that if I could tap into that I could do something really interesting.
Megan Fox

I liked the story but in the epilougue i got the feeling draco liked his son more the that. Other than that keep up the good work.

on Dec. 28 2011 at 1:57 pm
Rebekah_Cruz BRONZE, Clarksville, Tennessee

"I'm not a smart-alec... I just know more than you."
"You can tell a lot about a person by the way tey eat their jelly beans."

Didn't Neville hook up with Luna?

on Dec. 16 2011 at 12:57 pm
cantdeleteaccounthelp, Sey, West Virginia

I thought that Draco changed sides... I liked it but only two issues that made me doubt a little bit: Pansy wasn't Draco's wife, and you shouldn't write all the people he likes from other houses. That's it.

I like it! Keep writing!

on Dec. 6 2011 at 7:46 pm
otherpoet SILVER, Wayland, Massachusetts

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

This story made me laugh!

on Dec. 6 2011 at 11:07 am
BibliophileFreak BRONZE, Deatsville, Alabama

A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years.
-Rupert Brooke

I loved this! I want to do the same thing only with Neville Longbottom's daughter(the best part of it is that no one knows if Neville had kids or not!). So what do you think?

on Dec. 1 2011 at 6:26 pm
SakuraKissu BRONZE, Hinsdale, Illinois

"What is love is here not after,
present mirth hath present laughter,
Whats to come is still unsure,
So come kiss me sweet and twenty,
Youths a stuff hath not endured."
- Shakespeare Twelfth Night

I love his wifes name, Pansy :) I liked this, really cute.

Annavk98 said...
on Oct. 31 2011 at 3:28 pm
Though I found it a bit unrealistisc, It was really funny!

on Oct. 27 2011 at 12:45 pm
NiklausMikaelson1864 SILVER, Southwest Harbor, Maine

"Please note that I am saying this as I twirl my metaphorical mustache." ~Talon McCallister

I think this has the right idea, but I think it's a little harsh to have Malfoy disown his son. At the end of DH, Malfoy seemed more...civil. This makes it out to be that he's still an a-hole. Great job, though! 

on Oct. 21 2011 at 5:39 pm
PackerFan12 GOLD, Glendale, Wisconsin

"Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing" Vince Lombardi

Personally I love the Rose Scorpius idea, but I found the dialogue not at all similar to what they really talk like. Draco would not call Harry is nemesis. At the end of the book, they were slightly courteous to each other, and both realize their place.

on Oct. 1 2011 at 3:13 pm
writeamongthestars BRONZE, Portland, Oregon

"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever." - Walt Disney Company

I've always thought Rose and Scorpius were going to end up together, so of course I like the idea. The way you put it is a little awkward in places but it's okay.

Catiejune said...
on Sep. 9 2011 at 10:20 am
Catiejune, Cheyenne, Wyoming

we are who we, so don't change that

you did a really good job but when i started writing (i havent posted anything yet!) i always used too big of words or it didnt run smoothly. yours is an amazing story but you should find a way to make it run smooth

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!