The Unexpected Tale of Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy

A warm, late spring breeze swirled around the train station, Platform 9 ¾. Rose Weasley had stepped off the train, fresh off her third year, hand in hand with Scorpius Malfoy. She was hoping to part before either of their fathers saw them together. Mortal enemies in Hogwarts, mortal enemies for life. But of course, inheriting her father’s lack of luck, Ronald Weasley, with an embarrassed Hermione Weasley trailing behind, stormed up to the couple, fury raging behind green eyes.

“Oh… Mr. Weasley,” Scorpius began, trying to make a good impression by holding out his hand.

“Get away from my daughter, you foul pure blood!” Ron shouted. Hermione buried her head in her hands, trying to hide from the scene.

“But, dad, Scorpius isn’t who you think-“ Rose stuttered, getting cut off by her overly protective father.

“He is exactly who I know he is! A filthy, rude, Slytherin by heart!” Ron raged, fiery red hair standing on end.

“BUT HE’S NOT IN SLYTHERIN!” Rose screeched, causing all mouths to drop. Ron’s furious eyes emptied to blank confusion. Hermione’s hands slid away from her face and stepped forward to see this miraculous wonder; the first Malfoy not in Slytherin. By standers even glared with question.

“Then… what is it?” Ron inquired, curiously staring at Scorpius face. He resembled his father so much, how could he not be affected by the curse of Slytherin?

“Ravenclaw,” Scorpius spoke up. Hermione’s eyes brightened, a clever boy like Scorpius would be perfect for her intelligent daughter, Rose.

“But- I’ve seen you in Slytherin robes!” Ron paced, trying to figure this all out.

“I bought them. I wear them around my father. At school I hang out with Gryffindors Rose, James, Lilly, and Albus, and Ravenclaws like Lorena and Lyzar, Ms. Lovegood’s kids. The Slytherins disgust me, and they always pester me about my blood lines and evil ancestors,” Scorpius explained sufficiently.

“Ok then… Let’s go Rose… Say goodbye to your friend…” Hermione said, baffled. She helped Ron carry away her bags while they greeted Hugo.

“Scorpius!” Draco Malfoy called through the bustling halls of the platform.

“ Um… Dad. Hi,” Scorpius stuttered. Rose gripped his arm; It was time.

“What are you doing with that Weasley girl? Didn’t I tell you about her?” Draco scoffed, piercing black eyes darting around Rose’s face; her physical appearance was too striking to her father to ignore.

“Hello, Mr. Malfoy,” Rose stated politely. Draco sneered in response.

“Isn’t it nearly impossible for you to fancy her? You know, Slytherin vs. Griffyndor?” Draco inquired, sounding more like a nervous dad than pompous pure blood.

“Well… Dad. I’m not in Slytherin or Gryffindor,” Scorpius began.

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re a Hufflepuff!”

“No, I’m not… I’m a proud Ravenclaw who socializes with Lorena and Lyzar Lovegood, Ravenclaw, Griffydors Victorie, Hugo, Rose Weasley, and Teddy Tonks, and to your most dislike, James, Albus, and Lilly Potter,” Scorpius proudly declared, leaving his poor old father wordless. But without warning, the dark eyes were more than piercing. They were angry, furious, fuming with rage. Just when it seemed as if Draco Malfoy would have a hemorrhage, a dependable source interlude.

“Malfoy! Back off my niece and her friend,” Harry Potter bluntly affirmed, fingering his wand in the back pocket of his jeans.

“Ah, Potter, my old… nemesis,” Draco spit, the venom in his mouth more evident than his receding hairline, “as you may have heard, my…offspring… is none the less an ‘intellectual’ Ravenclaw, and no longer welcome in the House of Malfoy.”

“He is more than welcome to stay with Ginny, James, Albus, Lilly, Teddy, and I,” Harry nodded to an illuminated Scorpius.

“Please, I’d rather him stay with Weasleys,” Draco groaned. Rose brightened, exchanging a joyous look at Scorpius.

“And it shall be,” Hermione stepped up, Hugo, Bill, Fleur, Victorie, Teddy, Ron, Lilly, James, Albus, and Ginny all behind as the Potter-Weasley-Tonks-Potter clan.

“Take the disgusting Boggart. Pansy!” Draco sneered and turned away, snapping for his teary-eyed wife, who had been observing the whole time, to follow.

“Welcome to the family, Malfoy!” James cheered as the big happy family Apparated back to the Potters’ for a celebration.

msoledadvc said...

I thought that Draco changed sides... I liked it but only two issues that made me doubt a little bit: Pansy wasn't Draco's wife, and you shouldn't write all the people he likes from other houses. That's it.

I like it! Keep writing!

otherpoet said...
This story made me laugh!

Mirisa said...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 11:07 am
I loved this! I want to do the same thing only with Neville Longbottom's daughter(the best part of it is that no one knows if Neville had kids or not!). So what do you think?

Rebekah_Cruz replied...
Didn't Neville hook up with Luna?

SakuraKissu said...
I love his wifes name, Pansy :) I liked this, really cute.

Annavk98 said...
Though I found it a bit unrealistisc, It was really funny!

PackerFan12 said...
Personally I love the Rose Scorpius idea, but I found the dialogue not at all similar to what they really talk like. Draco would not call Harry is nemesis. At the end of the book, they were slightly courteous to each other, and both realize their place.

DamonSalvatore1864 replied...
I think this has the right idea, but I think it's a little harsh to have Malfoy disown his son. At the end of DH, Malfoy seemed more...civil. This makes it out to be that he's still an a-hole. Great job, though! 

writeamongthestars said...
I've always thought Rose and Scorpius were going to end up together, so of course I like the idea. The way you put it is a little awkward in places but it's okay.

Catiejune said...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 10:20 am
you did a really good job but when i started writing (i havent posted anything yet!) i always used too big of words or it didnt run smoothly. yours is an amazing story but you should find a way to make it run smooth

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow, this was awesome! keep writing, cuz your really good! If anyone had time, could you please check out my new song never. . . thanks a bunch! :)(:

HollerGirl26 said...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:04 am
Very sweet :)

beccaboo22 said...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:57 am
i love the harry potter seres, so this was veary awsome! i was sad win it ended, so it was nice to read what hapend after. it is veary well riten, like it belonges in the story, i love it!

MoraleAsh said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 12:23 am
I loved the idea~so creative! I do believe the writing is a little awkward, but it was great nonetheless. I enjoyed it.

SunshineGonnaWashMyBluesAway12 replied...
Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:24 am
I agree it started out really well but then got a little childish and unrealistic at the end, still love the idea though! Love the kids point of view!

TorioT4 said...
haha i loved itt veryy appropiatee! i never thought about those two being together very creative!

wasauskyx said...
I've only read the 1st HP book but I love the movies. This is great, I like it very much.

CelebrateKrismasThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 12:32 am
This is great! If you are into Harry Potter then I suggest you check out my HP & continued. I hope you like it! This made me laugh! (:

randomcreepystalker said...
YES!!! i havent ever seen this one before!!! muy perfecto XD great, just wonderful

A. N. Mouse said...
Feb. 18, 2011 at 7:23 am

I like the idea, and it was really a wonderful story, but I really think that after Hogwarts and the war, Draco Malfoy would've become more tolerant towards non-Slytherins. If you have any backstory to explain how he got this way, completely against all of them, even through the war, I would love to read it :)

~A. N. Mouse~