The Unexpected Tale of Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy

A warm, late spring breeze swirled around the train station, Platform 9 ¾. Rose Weasley had stepped off the train, fresh off her third year, hand in hand with Scorpius Malfoy. She was hoping to part before either of their fathers saw them together. Mortal enemies in Hogwarts, mortal enemies for life. But of course, inheriting her father’s lack of luck, Ronald Weasley, with an embarrassed Hermione Weasley trailing behind, stormed up to the couple, fury raging behind green eyes.

“Oh… Mr. Weasley,” Scorpius began, trying to make a good impression by holding out his hand.

“Get away from my daughter, you foul pure blood!” Ron shouted. Hermione buried her head in her hands, trying to hide from the scene.

“But, dad, Scorpius isn’t who you think-“ Rose stuttered, getting cut off by her overly protective father.

“He is exactly who I know he is! A filthy, rude, Slytherin by heart!” Ron raged, fiery red hair standing on end.

“BUT HE’S NOT IN SLYTHERIN!” Rose screeched, causing all mouths to drop. Ron’s furious eyes emptied to blank confusion. Hermione’s hands slid away from her face and stepped forward to see this miraculous wonder; the first Malfoy not in Slytherin. By standers even glared with question.

“Then… what is it?” Ron inquired, curiously staring at Scorpius face. He resembled his father so much, how could he not be affected by the curse of Slytherin?

“Ravenclaw,” Scorpius spoke up. Hermione’s eyes brightened, a clever boy like Scorpius would be perfect for her intelligent daughter, Rose.

“But- I’ve seen you in Slytherin robes!” Ron paced, trying to figure this all out.

“I bought them. I wear them around my father. At school I hang out with Gryffindors Rose, James, Lilly, and Albus, and Ravenclaws like Lorena and Lyzar, Ms. Lovegood’s kids. The Slytherins disgust me, and they always pester me about my blood lines and evil ancestors,” Scorpius explained sufficiently.

“Ok then… Let’s go Rose… Say goodbye to your friend…” Hermione said, baffled. She helped Ron carry away her bags while they greeted Hugo.

“Scorpius!” Draco Malfoy called through the bustling halls of the platform.

“ Um… Dad. Hi,” Scorpius stuttered. Rose gripped his arm; It was time.

“What are you doing with that Weasley girl? Didn’t I tell you about her?” Draco scoffed, piercing black eyes darting around Rose’s face; her physical appearance was too striking to her father to ignore.

“Hello, Mr. Malfoy,” Rose stated politely. Draco sneered in response.

“Isn’t it nearly impossible for you to fancy her? You know, Slytherin vs. Griffyndor?” Draco inquired, sounding more like a nervous dad than pompous pure blood.

“Well… Dad. I’m not in Slytherin or Gryffindor,” Scorpius began.

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re a Hufflepuff!”

“No, I’m not… I’m a proud Ravenclaw who socializes with Lorena and Lyzar Lovegood, Ravenclaw, Griffydors Victorie, Hugo, Rose Weasley, and Teddy Tonks, and to your most dislike, James, Albus, and Lilly Potter,” Scorpius proudly declared, leaving his poor old father wordless. But without warning, the dark eyes were more than piercing. They were angry, furious, fuming with rage. Just when it seemed as if Draco Malfoy would have a hemorrhage, a dependable source interlude.

“Malfoy! Back off my niece and her friend,” Harry Potter bluntly affirmed, fingering his wand in the back pocket of his jeans.

“Ah, Potter, my old… nemesis,” Draco spit, the venom in his mouth more evident than his receding hairline, “as you may have heard, my…offspring… is none the less an ‘intellectual’ Ravenclaw, and no longer welcome in the House of Malfoy.”

“He is more than welcome to stay with Ginny, James, Albus, Lilly, Teddy, and I,” Harry nodded to an illuminated Scorpius.

“Please, I’d rather him stay with Weasleys,” Draco groaned. Rose brightened, exchanging a joyous look at Scorpius.

“And it shall be,” Hermione stepped up, Hugo, Bill, Fleur, Victorie, Teddy, Ron, Lilly, James, Albus, and Ginny all behind as the Potter-Weasley-Tonks-Potter clan.

“Take the disgusting Boggart. Pansy!” Draco sneered and turned away, snapping for his teary-eyed wife, who had been observing the whole time, to follow.

“Welcome to the family, Malfoy!” James cheered as the big happy family Apparated back to the Potters’ for a celebration.

HarryPotter#1Fan said...
Aug. 7 at 1:21 am:
          Draco does not marry Pansy, he marries Astoria Greengrass. Although he did have a small interest in Pansy during school.       

AllieGirl said...
May 31 at 2:03 pm:
This story is entirely out of character. Ron is also a pure-blood, and furthermore, has also somewhat made amends with Draco after the Battle of Hogwarts.
However, I do enjoy Scorpius being in Ravenclaw.

000000000000 said...
Mar. 23 at 8:33 am:
I absoulutly loved it!

Buurrry said...
You did not portray Ron or Herminone properly. Ron is a pure blood why would he use that as a insult? He wouldn't say something like that. I dont believe it.

PotterWhoLocked said...
May 21, 2013 at 1:01 pm:
I absolutly love this. I really think you should expand it into a novel. I would read it!

TheMockingjay said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 12:33 pm:
Hi! I thought this was overall well-written, and I really like that Scorpius is in Ravenclaw. The only critique I have is that I think Draco was a bit harsh, because in the end of the book he's sort of left the dark side. I also think there's not that much hatred between the Weasleys+Potters and the Malfoys, I know they'd never really be on friend terms but I think they've kind of left behind the past. Other then that I really like the Scorpius+Rose ship and I think you did an overall great job!... (more »)

wheelie21 replied...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:23 pm :
I think that the reactions are the funniest part.

sufferinslience said...
Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:54 am:
i loved this it was awesome and i really hate malfoy but u changed that

HannahLeah97 said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 11:37 am:
I'm going to sound like such a Harry Potter geek in this comment, but I must correct you. When Ron scoffs at Scorpius and calls him a pure blood, that can't possibly be a very valid insult because Ron is a pure blood as well. Also, doesn't Draco have grey eyes rather than black? lastly: Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw are my two favorite houses, thanks for including them (:

TheMockingjay replied...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 12:37 pm :
I'm going to be a Potterhead here and mention that Draco marries Astoria Greengrass, who's a Slytherin a year younger than him. Not really a big deal though because you only mention Draco's wife once, still a great fanfic!

MistrBrighterside said...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 8:12 am:
I had, just yesterday, finished reading all of the HP series and I really like what you did with the epilogue. Although I have to agree with some of the other comments; Harry and Draco realized their positions as a adults compared to their teenage years, considering Harry had saved Draco I think twice in Deathly Hallows. I'd think they'd have a neutral relation. Overall it was creatively awesome!!

writereadlove This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with most of the people here. Draco definitely wasn't as evil when the books ended. I'm pretty sure he even nodded to harry in the epilouge, so he wouldn't be his nemisis anymore. although it was pretty unrealistic, i was already a strong believer in rose and scorpius (idk why).

BeckoningLovely said...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 9:32 am:
Rereading this, it is so far from canon it makes me cringe, so I apologize - I might re-write this at a later date!

Mirisa said...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 9:13 am:
no. he married hannah abbott... i can't remember who luna married though... :/

writersrevenge said...
I liked the story but in the epilougue i got the feeling draco liked his son more the that. Other than that keep up the good work.

msoledadvc said...

I thought that Draco changed sides... I liked it but only two issues that made me doubt a little bit: Pansy wasn't Draco's wife, and you shouldn't write all the people he likes from other houses. That's it.

I like it! Keep writing!

otherpoet said...
This story made me laugh!

Mirisa said...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 11:07 am:
I loved this! I want to do the same thing only with Neville Longbottom's daughter(the best part of it is that no one knows if Neville had kids or not!). So what do you think?

Rebekah_Cruz replied...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 1:57 pm :
Didn't Neville hook up with Luna?

SakuraKissu said...
I love his wifes name, Pansy :) I liked this, really cute.