I'd Walk A Thousand Miles | Teen Ink

I'd Walk A Thousand Miles

By GraceGallows PLATINUM, Plainville, Massachusetts
GraceGallows PLATINUM, Plainville, Massachusetts

A normal day. I was making my way downtown faces past and I'm home bound. I never thought much about the people around so I just stared blankly ahead and walked through the crowd. All I could think about was Bill, how much I need him, and miss him. As I thought about him I wondered, if i could fall, into the sky, do you think time would pass me by? Bill must know I'd walk a thousand miles if I could just see him tonight. It's always times like these, just random moments when i think of him and wonder if he ever thinks of me. God, everythings just so wrong, I-I don't belong in his precious memories. I need him, "Bill I miss you" I whispered to the sky. I wondered about falling into the sky alot, I would walk a thousand miles if I could just see bill tonight. I don't want to let him know how I drown in his memory and I just don't I'm making my way downtown like always walking fast, thousands of faces pass and im home bound. I still miss him, I still need him. I wonder if I could fall into the sky, do you think time, would pass us by, 'cuz he knows I'd walk a thousand miles if i could just see Bill, Tonight. Then I saw him, "Bill" I screamed. "OMG, I'm sorry, I relized, I miss you, and I still need you" Bill replied, "Me to" I replied

THE END

song lyrics by Vanessa Carlton Making my way downtown Walking fast Faces passed And I'm home bound Staring blankly ahead Just making my way Making my way Through the crowd And I need you And I miss you And now I wonder.... If I could fall Into the sky Do you think time Would pass me by 'Cause you know I'd walk A thousand miles If I could Just see you Tonight It's always times like these When I think of you And I wonder If you ever Think of me 'Cause everything's so wrong And I don't belong Living in your P

williscodi said...
on Nov. 5 2015 at 1:22 pm
williscodi, Brusly, Louisiana
I love how you put your real life situations in a song. She shows how much she loves and thinks about bill everyday of her life. She shows her love by saying ,” just random moments when i think of him and wonder if he ever thinks of me.”

on Apr. 19 2014 at 8:27 pm
Maddielovesyou, Los Alamos, New Mexico

Be your self no one can take that from you no one is ever going to be you
~Austin Carlile

i loved it Keep writing :)

on Jun. 6 2012 at 9:40 am
adrienehoran913, Swampscott, Massachusetts
i found myself singing along with the story in my head... very clever!:)

on Nov. 21 2011 at 1:44 pm
cantdeleteaccounthelp, Sey, West Virginia
Nice story! Keep writing... :)

on Jan. 24 2011 at 4:22 pm
EmilyIsabella BRONZE, St. Ann, Missouri

"If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul." - Rabbi Harold Kushner

Haha, a really original idea. I like it!

on Jan. 15 2011 at 3:55 pm
Mortie PLATINUM, Oak Run, California

Whats The Point?

this is a good story. i love how you took the lyrics and turned them into an acctual story. it was great

Harmonium said...
on May. 13 2010 at 8:09 am
Harmonium, Indianapolis, Indiana

My hero in disguise...and if I was taken would I be some lost treasure you would try to find? and if someday you had to go away from me... would I even cross your mind?...my hero say you live to say me, such clever, pretty words...

I love Vanessa Carlton. Try to do something with "Hands On Me" or "Come Undone", because I think that it would turn out pretty great, too.

ALLEY BRONZE said...
on Jan. 30 2010 at 8:06 pm
ALLEY BRONZE, Danville, California

How do you live your life when nobody is watching?

omg i totally loved it it's an amazingf story keep it up u r awesome lol!

fryeem said...
on Oct. 1 2009 at 7:21 pm
Your story's theme was heartwarming and your choice of words was outstanding. However,I noticed that you did repeat the phrase "Bill, I miss you" or "Bill I need you"after a while the story lost my interest. Another thing I noticed was that you did use the lyrics from the song and did not quote them. For instance, "I was making my way downtown faces pass and im home bound". Even though you changed or cancelled out some words you should still quote it. Overall the concept and descriptive wording was great keep up the good work!!

on Sep. 22 2009 at 8:24 pm
OnlyOneReasonWhy.. BRONZE, Strongsville, Ohio

and who says i cant wear chucks with my dress

i love it.

on Sep. 22 2009 at 3:50 pm
Titan12339 SILVER, Bellbrook, Ohio

"I dwell in chaos, for love is madness." Jason Storm, son of Chaos god of darkness and madness In a Camp Half Blood RP.

nice adaptation, i love this song =)