High School Musical (5 year class reunion)

"Wow, man," said the well-known boy in the afro and sarcastic t-shirt, "It's great to be back to East High. What Te-" his cheer was stopped by a familiar, but chubby, boy in a red #14 jersey that was ripped a bit at the seems because of his, well, growth. He was also holding a bag of puff corn in his hand.
"Troy!" Chad yelled, hugging Troy's gigantic stomach, "I'm so happy for you! Aw, I think he's kicking!"
Troy threw Chad's baseball cap to the floor, "Dude! I'm not pregnant!"
Chad scrambled to the floor and immeadiatly got back up in fear that this jumbo may sit on him. "Oh, sorry dude. Well then, how have you been?"
"Fat."
"Oh...I see. Well, it's still good to see you. How's basketball been at Berkely?"
Troy paused as he chewed his salty puffcorn, and with a full mouth, said, "Berkely doesn't support sports anymore, but on the bright side, I starred in Fat Albert last winter."
"Oh sweet! Who'd you play?"
"Fat Albert." There was an awkward pause. This is probably where the laughter would be if this were a sitcom. To break the pause, a girl with black hair, a black dress, a black hat, black tights, and black make-up walked up to them. The boys' jaws' dropped.
"Gabriella?!" they yelled simaultainiously.
"Yes, indeed." she said just above a whisper. Her cute-factor was gone, and apperantly replaced by something between creepy and complete outcast.
"H-h-how have you been?" Chad stuttered. Troy just stared while chomping down more puffcorn.
"Oh, busy. At Stanford, I went from class, to studying, to dark alley ways where the Dark eye-liner cult met, to dealing pot. It's pretty busy." The boys just stared for a few minutes. The only thing you could hear was Troy's snacks rattling around in the plastic brightly colored bag. Randomly, Gabriella walked away. They just assumed it was to meet up with some other alumni, but in reality, it was to deal more pot. After a while of catching up, another familiar girl came up, but with books in her hand. She didn't look any different; scarier or fatter. Just the same, and just as dumb.
"Hey, Sharpay!" Chad exclaimed, "Great to see you!"
She began to run in the other direction but she ran into Troy's flub and fell over. Chad picked her up.
"Uh, hey guys. H-how are you two?" she looked nervous.
"What's wrong?" Troy said with a mouthful of food.
"Oh, uh nothing." she said.
"Hey Sharpay," Chad said, "How come you don't have one of these handy dandy name tags like the rest of the alumni?"
"Um, alumni?" she asked.
"Yeah, the people who gratuated. We all got name tags in case we don't look the same as when we last saw each other."
"Well, uh actually...um"
"Spit it out."
Sharpay got all red-faced, "Um, I actually didn't graduate. I didn't get a real deploma, I just wrapped up one of my Teen Vogue magazines and put white paper around it..."
They were silent. Then they burst out laughing until Troy dropped his chip bag. He couldn't see the floor so he accidentally slipped on it. A man serving drinks tripped over him, and Chad slid on the drinks into the food table. It fell over, including the flambee' being made. So fire burst out all over the school. Luckilly everyone got out alive, but Troy never got his puffcorn back. THE END! -Mel Daysinger.

thoughtfulsoul said...
This was sooo funny!! It made me laugh :) I would love to see this acted out. You and your friends are very creative

EllaMcFarley said...
Hahaha!!! nice

blueer220 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
and Ryan....what would he be?!

amtpinkpandaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
ha ha he would be dancing his butt off on broadway

potentialgurl said...
Apr. 5, 2010 at 11:54 am
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA SO FUNNY!!!!

creativityrules said...
Mar. 14, 2010 at 8:14 am
loved it.... really fresh and out of the box..... maybe you could have added taylor in it and how she is a.... uumm.... a showgirl, now??? lol

StormyJ said...
Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:41 am
That was hilarious definetley the part when Troy said he stared in Fat Albert... LOL ;D

JeanGrey replied...
Wow that was hilarious! I especially love Troy being fat and the school randomly bursting into flames...

Tonboko said...
Wow! I loved it. Short with lots of jokes and bassing.

JHale_44 said...
So true. thats totally what would happen

Parasols said...
Dec. 10, 2009 at 8:16 am
Haha! I love HSM, but this was fantastic. :D

ashley2055 said...
Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:49 am
I loved it! it just kept me laughing all the way to the end!

imaginewhirrledpeas said...
HAHAAHA XD LMAO this was awesome! i laughed through the whole thing and now i have hiccups..... :)

freedombird said...
oh my gosh this was ilarious i couldnt halp but giggle at the whole thing! XD ur an idol!

legolas_elf said...
I hate high school musical and this to me was just absolutely hilarious! Keep up the good (and funny xD) work!!!

AquariusSun&Moon This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow this is amazing!!! And look! there is a HSM 4 ad right next to your story. Now that's what you call ironic :)

kittycat said...
i hate highschool musical this was fantastic

J D. said...
wow! i dont even like high school musicle but i liked this. it shows what happens to most ppl in there lie as they get older!

Rockerray101 said...
Ha, Ha! Loved this, shows how much people changed...guess Gabriella was tired of being a goody goody. Wait, someone should make a movie about this or something. Don't be afraid to put this on youtube.
Nikkiboo I agree with you.

Nikkiboo said...
Kudos, shows that just because you're cool in high school, doesn't mean you'll be the same when reality hits