High School Musical (5 year class reunion)

"Wow, man," said the well-known boy in the afro and sarcastic t-shirt, "It's great to be back to East High. What Te-" his cheer was stopped by a familiar, but chubby, boy in a red #14 jersey that was ripped a bit at the seems because of his, well, growth. He was also holding a bag of puff corn in his hand.
"Troy!" Chad yelled, hugging Troy's gigantic stomach, "I'm so happy for you! Aw, I think he's kicking!"
Troy threw Chad's baseball cap to the floor, "Dude! I'm not pregnant!"
Chad scrambled to the floor and immeadiatly got back up in fear that this jumbo may sit on him. "Oh, sorry dude. Well then, how have you been?"
"Oh...I see. Well, it's still good to see you. How's basketball been at Berkely?"
Troy paused as he chewed his salty puffcorn, and with a full mouth, said, "Berkely doesn't support sports anymore, but on the bright side, I starred in Fat Albert last winter."
"Oh sweet! Who'd you play?"
"Fat Albert." There was an awkward pause. This is probably where the laughter would be if this were a sitcom. To break the pause, a girl with black hair, a black dress, a black hat, black tights, and black make-up walked up to them. The boys' jaws' dropped.
"Gabriella?!" they yelled simaultainiously.
"Yes, indeed." she said just above a whisper. Her cute-factor was gone, and apperantly replaced by something between creepy and complete outcast.
"H-h-how have you been?" Chad stuttered. Troy just stared while chomping down more puffcorn.
"Oh, busy. At Stanford, I went from class, to studying, to dark alley ways where the Dark eye-liner cult met, to dealing pot. It's pretty busy." The boys just stared for a few minutes. The only thing you could hear was Troy's snacks rattling around in the plastic brightly colored bag. Randomly, Gabriella walked away. They just assumed it was to meet up with some other alumni, but in reality, it was to deal more pot. After a while of catching up, another familiar girl came up, but with books in her hand. She didn't look any different; scarier or fatter. Just the same, and just as dumb.
"Hey, Sharpay!" Chad exclaimed, "Great to see you!"
She began to run in the other direction but she ran into Troy's flub and fell over. Chad picked her up.
"Uh, hey guys. H-how are you two?" she looked nervous.
"What's wrong?" Troy said with a mouthful of food.
"Oh, uh nothing." she said.
"Hey Sharpay," Chad said, "How come you don't have one of these handy dandy name tags like the rest of the alumni?"
"Um, alumni?" she asked.
"Yeah, the people who gratuated. We all got name tags in case we don't look the same as when we last saw each other."
"Well, uh"
"Spit it out."
Sharpay got all red-faced, "Um, I actually didn't graduate. I didn't get a real deploma, I just wrapped up one of my Teen Vogue magazines and put white paper around it..."
They were silent. Then they burst out laughing until Troy dropped his chip bag. He couldn't see the floor so he accidentally slipped on it. A man serving drinks tripped over him, and Chad slid on the drinks into the food table. It fell over, including the flambee' being made. So fire burst out all over the school. Luckilly everyone got out alive, but Troy never got his puffcorn back. THE END! -Mel Daysinger.

FinnLeonardJarrettHudson said...
today at 3:07 pm
I just have no idea what to say about this. I think I just “scrambled to the floor and immediately got back up” by the fact that this is different than the movies, but it is still good in its own way. I think that everyone’s “ ‘jaws’ dropped” when they read this story because I know for a fact mine did.
itss.hallee said...
today at 1:17 pm
High School Musical (5 year class reunion) was hilarious.I enjoyed reading it. High School Musical (5 year class reunion) reminded me of when I was young, High School Musical was my favorite movie. “Sharpay got all red-faced, "Um, I actually didn't graduate. I didn't get a real deploma, I just wrapped up one of my Teen Vogue magazines and put white paper around it…" That was so unexpected and funny . Thanks for writing this it really made me fall on the floor laughing.
5MatthewJM said...
today at 1:03 pm
I like this fan fiction because I remember watching High School Musical as a kid and this is a take on what would happen five years after the show. When it says, “Sharpay got all red-faced, "Um, I actually didn't graduate. I didn't get a real diploma, I just wrapped up one of my Teen Vogue magazines and put white paper around it..." I remembered how dumb she was.
2brownI said...
today at 10:12 am
This is so hilarious. I love the high school musical movies, and this is so different than any of the high school musical movies. "Um, I actually didn't graduate. I didn't get a real deploma, I just wrapped up one of my Teen Vogue magazines and put white paper around it..." This was the funniest line ever because all sharpay ever cares about it the musicals.
michal-m said...
Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:58 am
Omg, that was WAY different than the original movies!
Except for Sharpay. It was kinda obvious XD It was really funny, I liked it :)
BabyPorcupine said...
Wow. Just... wow. (Poor puffcorn.)
LexiMarban said...
Oh gosh! This story is something else COMPLETELY! The whole time I was reading it I was just like what the hell is going on? I liked it though. It was definitely different.
jKs23 said...
i luved it i used to love the high school musical movies it wus fuuuunnnnyyyy!!!
Miss_Vee_is_me said...
oh my goodness that was funny!!! i almost died of laughter!!!
xprezzionstar said...
oh. my. gawd. lol i laughed and laughed. never did like those moives. i truely love this tho hahaha
Aamna said...
This is really hilarious!! I loved it! amazing job. please comment on my work: Precarious Pursuit
CelebrateKrismas said...
LOVE THIS!!!!! Great writing, hilarious, well thought of! Please comment on my work too! Thanks!
FlawlessLawless said...
hahahaha this is funnnnnnyyyyy!!! good job!!
MysteryHeart said...
Dec. 3, 2010 at 10:22 am
WOW that was hilarious youe should lengthen it and make it a spoof like "vampires suck"
DyingToSurvive said...
i laughed pretty hard at this but. gabriell could not pull of goth to save her life. sharpay would have aid off all her teachers. troy fat, come on funny just eeww
oddballinthegroup said...
even tho i like hsm ur story is amazing u should do mor stories like this
mem15 said...
I thought this was funny, i hate hsm
jbieber4eva said...
ROFL!!!! can't stop laughing. i love this. hsm is so stupid!
ZadaRox101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 29, 2010 at 11:53 am
I personally don't like it. I mean I'm not a big fan of hsm, but I don't like how you had Gabrielle become a drug dealer and all. IDK, I guess you wrote it to be funny, but I didn't find it funny.
Alice said...
HAHA oh my this was funny but how can you make troy (aka Zac Efron) fat??? he is amazingly hooooottttt!! but this was seriously funny i was laughing from the first sentence!