An Assassination With Muichiro | Teen Ink

An Assassination With Muichiro

By jellifish DIAMOND, Foster City, California
jellifish DIAMOND, Foster City, California

AU: You and Muichiro are sent on a mission to kill the queen—can you carry it out?

As the moon cast its pale glow over the ancient castle, Muichiro and you stood side by side, cloaked in the darkness of night. Dressed in your sleek, all-black assassin attire with matching hoods and masks to conceal your faces, you prepared to embark on a mission to bring down a corrupt queen.

"Alright, ___," Muichiro began, his voice calm and composed, "we need to devise a plan to infiltrate and eliminate the queen. We can't afford any mistakes."

You narrowed your eyes beneath your mask, the tension between you two palpable. "I've studied the castle layout extensively," you replied, your voice firm. "I suggest we take the eastern corridor, where the guards are less vigilant."

Muichiro tilted his head, a hint of skepticism in his eyes. "Hm, I believe the western corridor would be a better option. The guards there may be more alert, but it offers a quicker route to the queen’s chambers."

A smirk tugged at your lips. "Quicker, yes, but also riskier. The eastern corridor has fewer patrols and a hidden passage that leads straight to the queen's quarters."

Muichiro crossed his arms, a playful glint in his azure eyes. "If we encounter any guards along the way, I trust you can handle them?"

You raised an eyebrow, matching his confident demeanor. "Of course. But don't forget, Muichiro, I've seen you fight. Your swordsmanship is impressive, but I'd hate for you to slow me down."

A mischievous grin spread across Muichiro's face. "Oh, is that a challenge? We'll see who can clear the path faster, ___."

With a silent nod, the two of you moved in sync, seamlessly navigating through the castle's labyrinthine corridors. Each step was calculated, and every decision was made with precision.

As you neared the hidden passage, a group of guards blocked your path. Without missing a beat, you sprang into action, your agile movements leaving the guards disarmed and incapacitated in mere moments.

Muichiro observed your skill with a mixture of admiration and amusement. "Impressive, ___," he remarked, his tone carrying a hint of awe. "You certainly live up to your reputation."

You smirked, relishing in his acknowledgment. "Told you I could handle it. Now, let's continue."

Together, you pressed forward, your senses sharp and instincts honed. The air was thick with tension as you approached the queen's chambers, the final destination of your mission.

Muichiro unsheathed his sword, his grip steady and resolute. "This is it, ___," he murmured, his voice low but filled with determination. "Stay focused, and we'll end this tyrant's reign."

As you stepped into the queen's chambers, the atmosphere crackled with anticipation. The queen turned, his eyes widening in disbelief as he realized the threat before him.

With a single swift motion, Muichiro lunged forward, his blade slicing through the air with deadly precision. The clash of steel echoed through the room as you engaged the queen's guards, skillfully dispatching them one by one.

Finally, the room fell silent, save for the heavy breathing of the defeated queen. Muichiro's sword rested against the queen's throat, his eyes cold and unyielding.

"Your reign ends here," Muichiro declared, his voice carrying a mix of triumph and justice. "May your sins be forgotten, buried within the shadows of your demise."

You watched as the queen's eyes filled with fear and realization, his grip on power slipping away. Justice had been served, and the queendom would now breathe freely.

As you and Muichiro sheathed your weapons, the weight of your accomplishment settled upon you. The mission was successful, and your partnership had proven formidable.

Muichiro turned to you, a faint smile playing at his lips. "Well, ___," he said, his voice tinged with pride, "we make quite the deadly duo, don't we?"

You chuckled, your heart pounding with adrenaline. "Indeed we do, Muichiro. It seems we're a force to be reckoned with."

With a shared sense of accomplishment, you both disappeared into the night, leaving behind the echoes of a fallen queen and a queendom reborn.