Cinder Anastasia | Teen Ink

Cinder Anastasia

May 13, 2019
By Anonymous

Once upon a time there was a girl named Cinderella, but everyone knows the story of how she went to the ball and married the prince. Her fairy godmother came and gave her a sparkly dress and slippers, but that isn't the real story. The real story involves me, and this is my story. My name is Anastasia. I'm am Cinderella's step sister. I have a sister named Drizella and my mother's name is Lady Tremaine. We also have a cat his name is Lucifer, and he is a creepy cat. Well, let's begin.

When I was 14 years old my dad died. Drizella and I were overhearing my mom's conversation with the banker. They were talking about how we were going to be evicted if we couldn't pay our bills. Thankfully a man came to our house his name was Lord Tremaine. Soon him and my mom got married. I was 16 years old at the time. When she got married we moved to Lord Tremanies house, and that is where I met Cinderella. She was quiet, kind, pretty, smart, and I knew she wouldn't last long with my mother. One day when my sisters and I were 17 years old my step dad went on a business trip, and he asked us what we wanted him to bring back and I replied with...

"I want a beautiful dress!"

Drizella said, "Pearls and Jewels!"

“What would you like me to bring you home?” her dad asked.

Cinderella replied with, "bring me the first branch that brushes your hat on the way home."

As my step father left, I thought about what Cinderella asked. Who would want a stupid branch? As time went by my mother started to treat Cinderella more like a servant than a daughter, and Drizella and I started to treat her more like a servant than a sister. We would send her to do our chores, make us food, do our hair, and other things for us. One day we got a knock on the door. It was a man that was traveling with my step father, he was wet from the rain, and he seemed to carry great sadness on his face.

He said to Cinderella while stuttering, "I'm so sorry to interrupt, but...your father...he...he...became ill one the road...and...passed..." there was a long silent moment of disbelief.

He continued, "In the end your father only talked about you Cinderella...he made me promise him to bring you this branch...and you girls this dress, pearls, and jewelry."

"Thank you" said Cinderella as she closed the door, and fell to the floor crying while holding the branch.

Drizella and I looked at each other, and then at mother. Mother was frustrated and wondering how we were going to pay for everything. Eventually, she came up with the idea that she would fire the staff and she would just have Cinderella do it all. When this happened Cinderella’s huge room became my room, but I had to share with Drizella still. I didn't really care. Well, one day we were sitting at home I was drawing my mother while Drizella was playing the piano while singing, and I'm pretty sure Lucifer would've sung better. Anyways...Cinderella rushed into the room scaring the living heavens out of me. She said...

"The prince is throwing a ball to find the next princess!"

My mom, Drizella, and I jumped up a started to scream from the top of our lungs and Drizella said,

"I a princess"

"Or I a princess" I said.

My mom sent Cinderella out to get us dresses, but clumsy Cinderella thought the third dress was for her. What an idiot. Well, a couple days later the dresses came, and Drizella and I were getting ready thinking of what it would be like to become a princess. We had Cinderella help us get ready in these huge fancy dresses, when Drizella broke the tiara. I started to scream, and at this point Drizella and I were bawling our eyes out. While Drizella and I were arguing I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Cinderella sneaked out the door, but I didn't do anything about it, I was too busy arguing with Drizella. I thought more and more about Cinderella though, she had been our servant for almost three years, because I almost sure that she is 19. As I thought about that in my head I started laughing. Two days later and it was the day of the ball, and Drizella and I were running our room getting ready. After two hours we were finally ready. We walked downstairs to our mother, who looked at us and started to get a little teary. She said...

"You girls look beautiful!"

"Thank you mother," Drizella and I replied,

"It just gives me hope that one of you girl just might snag the prince!" said my mother.

All of the sudden Cinderella walked downstairs in a lame, sad, small dress. My mother said...

"What do you think your wearing?"

"It cost you nothing, see it was my mother's old dress, and I just wanted to wear it" Said Cinderella

"WHAT?!?!" Shouted my mother, "You think you are going to the ball?" said my mother

"Please, I wouldn't be any trouble, you wouldn't even know I was there." said Cinderella.

"You think you will go and get the prince to fall in love with you, you out everyone." said my mother as we started to walk closer to Cinderella.

"This dress is practically falling apart" my mother said while she tore the dress, and Drizella and I started to shout at her while tearing her dress to pieces. Cinderella looked at me as if I were a fool and gave me a look that she will regret for the rest of her life. My mother finally walked up to her and said...

"YOU WILL NOT GO TO THE BALL!!"

We all started laughing and wear about to head to the ball when I forgot something, so I ran inside to go get it. On my way I saw Cinderella sitting by the fountain outside she was crying, when I saw an old women walk up to her and turn into a beautiful fairy in a huge sparkly dress. With a wave of her wand she made a pumpkin turn into a carriage, mice turned into horses, and Cinderella's torn dress into the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. I was amazed. I saw Cinderella go into the carriage and leave, but just as she left I walked up to the fairy god mother and said...

"Can you do that for me!"

The fairy godmother turned around frightened and said, "I'm so sorry dear, but I can't do that for you."

I felt the anger rush to my face, and I said to the fairy godmother, "You WILL MAKE ME LOOK LIKE THAT!!"

The fairy godmother looked at me and said, "no"

NO! NO! Who in the world says no to me, does she even know who I am! There was a silent pause when I came up with a plan to get me to look like Cinderella did. I simply said...

"If you don't make me look like that I will go to the ball tell my mother about Cinderella and make her life terrible."

The fairy godmother said, "Please Anastasia, Please" she begged, "look if you let Cinderella go to the ball, and not tell you mother and just pretend you didn't even know who she is, I will grant you a wish.

I thought about what the fairy godmother had just said and said, "Ok, I'll do that" The fairy godmother gave out a sigh of relief and said, "The wish won't work until tomorrow morning at 8:00am, use your wish wisely. Also If you use your wish before 8:00am a curse will come upon you, and you will turn into an ugly old frog."

The fairy godmother left, and I went to my mother who was impatiently waiting for me, and we headed to the ball. When I got to the ball I was dancing around when I noticed Cinderella walk in and remembered what the fairy god mother told me. The prince immediately stood up and walked up to her, and danced with her and only her the entire night, at least until midnight. When the first stroke of midnight came she ran out of the ball room leaving a glass slipper behind. The prince had everyone leave, and the next morning at 8:00 he announced that who's ever foot fit the slipper would be the princess. Immediately I knew what my wish was going to be.

The prince traveled far and long to try to find Cinderella, every lady in the kingdom tried on the slipper, but it was just to small. Even the kids tried the slipper, but it was too big for them. Soon we got word that the prince was going to be visiting our house soon, so we rushed to find out fanciest clothes, and had Cinderella clean the entire house spotless. My mother got a feeling, and went into Cinderella's room and somehow found her slipper. She was furious and took the slipper and tried to break it, but it would not break. Then there was a knock on the door, and we all ran downstairs except for Cinderella who was locked in her room. The prince walked in and had Drizella try on the slipper, but of course Drizella and her enormous feet wouldn't fit in the slipper. They were about to have me try the shoe when I whispered under my breath...

"I wish that the shoe would fit"

The prince slipped the glass slipper onto my foot, and it turns out it was a perfect fit. I jumped up in excitement and started to dance around with Drizzle. I thought about, I was going to be a princess. The prince kind of looked at me in disbelief, and said under his breath very quietly...

"You can't possibly be her"

I heard what he said and took some offence, but I didn't care at the moment. He then asked...

"Do you have the other slipper?"

"Actually I do!"

I walk into the kitchen were my mother had left the shoe and grabbed it. I gave it to the prince who, then said..

"Well, my princess lets go."

When we were about to leave I looked up at Cinderella's window, and she was crying and looked at me in disbelief. I may have not treated her the best, but I admit I was hoping that her life would get better now that I was gone. Next thing I know I saw my mom walk into her room. She had something in her hand then all of the sudden Cinderela fell from the window and that the last time I saw her.

The prince and I soon left my house, and got married. Now I have two kids a boy named Edward, and the other one is a little girl named after my sister who I didn't treat like my sister, but I loved her in my heart I just didn't show it. My daughters name is Ella.


The author's comments:

A little mix of Cinderella