Great Gatsby Fan Fiction | Teen Ink

Great Gatsby Fan Fiction

By aprilz BRONZE, San Jose, California
aprilz BRONZE, San Jose, California

A Day In New York

Rationale: Tom, Nick, Daisy, Gatsby, and Jordan went to a hotel in New York. Tom suspected that Daisy was having an affair, so he started asking Gatsby questions about their relationship. Myrtle was hit by a car and Daisy was the one driving, but ignored her and kept driving. The police talked to Nick, Tom, and Jordan since they drove in after Gatsby and Daisy. I wrote this to change the setting and time because it’s a prevalent situation in 2018.

It was a scorching hot day in New York, so Tom, Daisy, Gatsby, Jordan, and I decided to go to the Four Seasons. Before we got in the cars, Tom told me to watch out for his bag in the back, it had something valuable in it. On the way there, Tom and Daisy drove in Gatsby’s car, while Jordan, Gatsby, and I drove Tom’s car. We raced around each other and the other cars. We were going about 50 mph in a 35 mph zone.

When we arrived to the hotel, Jordan asked the housekeepers to bring 20 pounds of ice into Room 37. When they brought the ice, Tom said, “Thank you. Stay out of this room. Hang a do not disturb thing on the door.”

I got up and said, “Why do they need to do that?”

Tom replied, “People don’t have to know our business – they can clean other rooms. We’ll just be here for a few hours.”

Gatsby just rolled his eyes at the stupidity of Tom. Tom began to drink and ask Gatsby questions. Daisy had a concerned look on her face. Jordan and I carried on a casual conversation to lessen the tension in the room.

Tom suspected that Daisy was cheating on him with Gatsby. So Tom, being furious, asked Gatsby about Daisy and his relationship.

Gatsby bragged, “Daisy loves me, not you. She never really loved you. She just went with your broke ass because she wanted to fill the void of not having someone by her side while I was on a three year business trip.”

Tom laughed. “You really think she would just marry some random person because she feels empty. Are you calling her shallow?”

Daisy grabbed a bottle of beer and drank it down while balling her eyes out. After finishing her beer, she yelled, “Both of you, stop this at once. You boys are being ridiculous – I love both of you guys.”

Tom got up and grabbed his gun from his bag. Daisy saw the gun and sprinted to him and commanded him to stop. She kissed him.

Tom smirked while looking Gatsby dead in the eye. Gatsby was disturbed and stormed out of the room. Daisy ran after him. I’m guessing Daisy and Gatsby talked things out, because when she came back, she told Tom that her and Gatsby were going to drive back to the house. Tom whispered something into her ear. It sounded like a threat, but I couldn’t hear because Jordan was playing such loud music in her headphones.

As Jordan, Tom, and I were sitting down having a meal at the hotel, I realized it was my 30th birthday. All of this drama on my birthday. Wow, I deserved a nice drink.

After having our meal, we drove back to the house. On our way back to the house, we saw something happening at our buddy Wilson’s Gas Station. We stopped and saw the police there, looking at a dead body. The body was covered and Tom asked what happened.

The first policeman said, “Myrtle was hit by a car and the car didn’t stop to even see if she was okay.”

The second policeman said, “I doubt that. She was probably drinking and stumbled into the road, but what a jerk for just leaving her body on the street. Whoever was driving is going to get charged for this.”

Tom stood there in utter shock. I saw a tear run down this face.

He asked the first policeman, “What color was the car, may I ask?”

The policeman responded, “Witnesses said it was a yellow car.”

I then pulled Tom aside and told him, Gatsby and Daisy were heading the same direction when the Myrtle was hit, do you think it was them?”

Tom gulped, “It probably was. We all had something to drink.”

I said, “Wait, no we can’t say that – we would get DUI’s if the police knew we were drinking and driving.”

We left abruptly. Tom, Jordan, and I fled down the road to the house. We arrived at the house to see Gatsby and Daisy kissing and to the side of them was the car. The car’s windshield was shattered into pieces and there was blood on the car. I confronted Gatsby about what happened. He told me that Daisy was driving, but he would take the blame for her if anything happened. I was speechless. I continued to question him. “Why didn’t you stop?”

His reply was, “I told Daisy to stop, but she kept driving. Wait, was she dead?”

I scolded, “She was dead right on the scene, she was ripped in half.”

He just stood there in shock. Gatsby said he was going to stay in the car all night to make sure Tom doesn’t hurt Daisy and because he couldn’t drive his car since the windshield was smashed. I took an uber home that night. When I arrived home, all I could think about is how someone could possibly sleep knowing they just killed someone.