Gatsby and Daisy's first love | Teen Ink

Gatsby and Daisy's first love

By p-gracie BRONZE, San Jose, California
p-gracie BRONZE, San Jose, California

Gatsby had walked into a party he paused and looked around something caught his

attention and he thought to himself

“WOW look at that beautiful girl “ Gatsby had gone up to daisy

“hey you look really beautiful tonight “ he said nervously.

“Thank you , you look good as well “ daisy replied with a BIG smile!.

Gatsby had a big grin on his face.

“Would you like to go have some drinks down at the bar “ he mentioned to daisy.

“Sure i would absolutely love too” daisy replied back happily.

As they had both gone walking down to the bar downstairs daisy had missed a stair step accidentally, Gatsby had caught her …

“That was so sweet of you thank you i didn't see the last step there” said daisy.

Daisy was looking as red as a tomato on how embarrassed she was for tripping in front of gatsby .

“It’s ok dont worry im glad i was here to catch you”! Said gatsby.

As the  night kept going it was already 10:30 at night it was getting late but the party was still going on gatsby and daisy had been talking all night. The night had officially ended and both daisy and gatsby had gone home all Gatsby could think about was daisy and how much he had liked her he had felt like it was love at first sight. A couple days later had passed and Gatsby had to go away for quite some time because he had a job to do in east egg Daisy didn't want gatsby to go but he knew that he had to go because he needed the money for living and he wanted to throw parties for daisy to try and get her to like him.

“Gatsby i don't want you to leave “ said daisy.

“Why not “ replied gatsby.

“What if you don't come back responded daisy

Gatsby stopped and thought to himself “should i take it ,is it really worth leaving the love of my life for who knows as long and what if she really can't do much without me financially in this mansion.

Daisy went up the stairs she went into gatsby's office and said

“Have you thought of it long enough you going to leave?”

“Yes daisy i'm sorry i have to take this job in order for us to maintain the lifestyle we are leaving” said gatsby

“Daisy made a sigh and left crying but she then realized it  was for the best and gatsby was right on what he had said “.  

this piece has a little bit of both its happy and sad.