Deep Red Waves | Teen Ink

Deep Red Waves

I was tired, I was scared, I didn’t know what to do. My how could i see the person the saved my life… dead. I couldn't deal with all the journalist and news. I’ve been trying to leave but i didn’t know where or with who. So I had my chance and with tom. We took everything and went to our house at Chicago.  

“Let go,somewhere far from here, us, me and you. Away from all this stress and forget everything.” i told him with  rushed voice.

“Why the rush, Gatsby and Myrtle just died, we can’t just leave them like this?” Tom said

At this point i really didn't care about anything. That made me not care about this one person that gave the whole world to me...the stars. Many that now know point of view of tom i look like the bad one. In a way yes, im not going to lie I do feel that i abandon him, but it wasn’t like that. My own neverness killed all my emotions to see him. I cared, I still do every time Tom isn't here i'm just in my room crying and thinking what I could've done, or couldn’t. And one of those days Tom saw me and said.

“What are you doing, and with the lights off in the room?”  

“Nothing, leave me alone.” I said.

“Alright, woman whatever you say?” Tom said.

I still remember that morning we were in the airplane i was crying in the restroom but tom knew something wasn’t right. It got worse when I was home at Chicago. I really can’t describe the way that I feel. I was confused because, see it like this someone tells u that they need to tell you something but they never tell you. So you are confused, waiting for an answer...waiting for a sign, just...waiting. And i didn’t know it was, until this little girl bumped into me and said,

“Sorry lady, but i can’t find my mom.”

So i took her with me and to the front and while we were walking i asked her

“aren't you scared?”

She said, “no i know that my mom is looking for me. I know that at the day i will be with them.”

That’s when my eyes started i realize that all i needed was faith, hope to be someone new.  

Credit: A work of fanfiction inspired by character, setting, or scene in The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.