My Sister Is A Pregnant Teen | Teen Ink

My Sister Is A Pregnant Teen

November 15, 2008
By Anonymous

I was walking home from school one day with my sister and suddenly noticed that she had put on a few pounds. I said "Christina, not trying to sound mean about it, but I think you've gain a little bit of weight." That's when she blew up.Not literally.

"What did you just say?! How could you! You brat! You are so rude, obnoxious, stupid, and" BOOM! I had slammed the door in her face right then. I had heard her start crying, but I didn't say sorry about it because I wasn't. Parents always tell me to say sorry about stuff and then they tell me to be honest. I chose to just be honest.

So later at dinner time when my parents got home we all sat down at the table and ate our dinner. After we all were done eating Christina said," Mom, Dad, I have to speak to you,alone."

I said," Why can't you talk to me too?"

She just gave me a glare. I think she was saying," Do you want me to tell mom and dad about the door slamming earlier?". I just figured she was going to anyway.So, to find out what they were talking about, I listened through the vent.

This is what I had heard:

"Mom and Dad, you may want to sit back down for this. You may have noticed that I have put on a few pounds. But it's not just me gaining some weight.You remember Jack, that guy I was dating 2 months ago? Well, I slept with him. He didn't use protection, either. And I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was a plus sign. The box said that means it is positive. I'm am so sorry.(Tear, tear.) I realize now that I shouldn't have done that, especailly since I am only 15. Please don't be mad. Not at Jack, anyway. It was my choice to do it and not his. I want to have the baby and then put it up for adoption." Then I heard her walking up the stairs crying and then into her bedroom. I felt kind of bad for her now.

I went down stairs and my parents looked speechless and shocked. I didn't know what to say or to do because as far as my parents and sister knew, I knew nothing at all. So I just got a glass of water and went into the living room to watch some TV. I heard my parents whispering about something but I just ignored it and tried listening to my show.

Later I had gone to bed but gotten hardly any sleep. The next day I had to go to school so I got ready and went on the bus. I just sat there in silence until my BFF Lindsay got on.

She asked me "Whats wrong with you?" I didn't know what to say. Should I tell her? I tell her everything. Or should I be a good sister and keep it a secret for Christina's sake?

"I'm just really tired. I didn't get much sleep last night." There. I got it over with. Lying to the person I consider more of a sister than Christina. My own sister's pregnancy ruined my friendship.

Then I had realized that God was giving me a lesson. He was telling me to wait until I am married and until I am ready.

I shouldn't let any guy convince me that I'm ready. I'll know when I'm ready, not him. So if he tries to convince me I'm ready when I know that I'm not, then he's not the right guy for me.


The author's comments:
I would just like to let everyone know that these are not real people. This story is supposed to show girls that you shouldn't let a guy you like to sleep with him. You will know when your ready, so wait until you are. If you are a pregnant teen good luck but please wait until your ready and married next time. Thank you.




~Mysterious Writer~