kidnapped by my obsessor | Teen Ink

kidnapped by my obsessor

By Lexiloo BRONZE, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Lexiloo BRONZE, Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Abby was thinking to herself what on earth, or more likely who on earth could’ve done this to her. She could barely even think because her head was in so much pain and she was hungry and very parched as well. Then she hears footsteps coming down what sounds like a flight of stairs. Whoever footsteps are those they are heavy and sounds like they have boots on. She is afraid for her life and she starts to panic, because what can she do? She’s tied up and all defenseless so there’s nothing for her to do. Then as she hears the footsteps get closer to her she feels the blindfold being taking off and what she sees makes her stomach rumble.
         “Here,” the kidnapper says, “its your favorite food. Just the way you like it.” And this strange and not known person sits in the seat across from her so they can feed her. She still doesn’t know who it is because they have a ski mask on so no telling who it could be. But all she can do is nod, because her mouth and throat are so dry that she can’t even speak. “I know you’re hungry and thirsty so I will feed you since I don’t trust to untie you.” He starts to feed her and she takes a drink and drinks all of her water so he goes and gets more.
         “Who in the hell is this? And why would they want to kidnap me?” She goes through her head over and over who it could be and right now she has no clue. The person comes back down the stairs with another glass of water. She smiles grateful that this person is actually being nice and not hurting her.
             “Let’s continue to eat, you need all your energy.” He smiles and starts to give her food and she gratefully eats it and starts to get full. After she is done eating he lets her drink more water and he says, “Aright, it’s time to go to bed I made you a mattress on the floor with some comfy blankets and pillows.” Her eyes start to droop and she feels him stand her up and put her on the mattress untie her ties and he puts the blanket over her and she falls asleep. At this moment she didn’t care she was so tired.
             The next morning she awakes and she’s in an unfamiliar room. Oh crap! She thinks in her head.  I was kidnapped and I still don’t know who it could be, but at least I’m not hurt. The next thing she knows she has the sudden urge to pee and she goes to the bathroom that is connected to this basement. After she’s done she goes to lay back down and she smells bacon, eggs and waffles which makes her mouth water. She hears footsteps for a few minutes up there until she hears the basement door unlocking and opening and shutting and locking again. “Here you go, its breakfast for you, I hope you like it.” He says with the ski mask over his face again. He sets the food down on the table in the middle of the basement. “Now I have some errands that I need to run so I hope that’s okay.” Abby nods and starts to eat the delicious food that was set in front of her.
             As she gets finished eating and drinking her water she feels sleepy again so she lays down to go take a nap. Once she wakes up she’s out of it and doesn’t know whats going on, but as soon as she realizes it, she’s been getting drugged from the food shes been eating so now she can’t eat the food. She hear the door upstairs slam shut and hears voices yelling. “Shut up! I will have her, no one else will be able to! She’s mine, only mine!!” She gets confused and he comes back down into the basement with some McDonalds. “Sorry, I didn’t have time to make anything so here, I bought this for you.” She doesn’t say anything to him, just ignores him.  He goes back upstairs and she hears the basement door shut, but not lock.
             So she starts to creep up the stairs to see if the door is actually unlocked and to her surprise it is! He forgot to lock it. She runs out and almost gets to the door when she feels something covering her face and she ends up getting knocked out. She ends up having this very strange dream in where she got kidnapped. So once something bad happened in that dream she immediately woke up and realized that in fact, it was all just a dream. “But it felt so real,” she whispers to herself. Shes at her house in her bed in her pajamas. “Guess I drank too much at the party,” She lays back down and closes her eyes.
The next time she woke up was at like 12:30 in the afternoon. She gets up and  goes to take a bath and puts her bath bomb into the water then lays in the warm steamy bath water. She closes her eyes as she starts to relax she sits like that for a few minutes and then her stomach rumbles. She stays in there for a few more minutes then gets out to go eat. She gets dressed and gets to the kitchen to see her father and mother sitting there at the table. “Mom! Dad! I didn’t think you guys would be home so soon! I missed you so much!” She hugs the both of them.
“Yes, well we are gone a lot and we feel so bad about that, so we are going to try and do better. Family comes first, not work.” Her mother replied smiling a big smile at her.
“Well good. It’s been so lonely around here without you guys. It gets scary here all by myself.” Abby frowns and sits at the kitchen table. “Will you make me one of your famous grilled cheese sandwiches?” She asks, and her mom nods.
As they sit about the table reminiscing there past and talking about the future, outside is the sound of what sounds like a gunshot. We all jump up and rush to go outside to see what happened. Abby sees Derek on the ground shot in the side bleeding. She rushes over to his side. “OH MY GOD DEREK!” Abby shrieks. “Are you okay?” He nods his head.
“Someone tried to kill me. I don’t know who but I got out of the way in time for it to just hit my side. I might need some stitches.” He smiles up at her. “Will you call an ambulance?” He asks. She nods and calls an ambulance right away. In his head he's thinking that this is exactly what he wanted he wanted her to be to be worried about him. To feel bad about everything and to care for him. Once the ambulance comes she decides to ride in there with him to the hospital to make sure everything is going to be alright.
Abby goes to sit down at one of the chairs in the waiting room while they are fixing Derek up. Before they can call her back to come see him to see if he is actually okay. She is worried and waiting impatiently for him to be done. She is getting over the fact that he has been acting weird lately, because now, he was shot, out of nowhere. All the while Derek is thinking to himself, this was all set up, but she doesn’t need to really know that now does she? No.
“Abby? Is that your name?” One of the nurses asked. Its been an hour and a half with no word on how he was or anything. But she nods her head. “Come with me, he is ready to see you now.” Abby rushes to his room just to see if he was okay,
“Derek are you okay? Did they sew you up and fix it?” She asks Derek. “I was so worried, no one would tell me anything and I was freaking out!”
“Abby it’s okay, I’m okay I promise.” He frown. “They patched me all up and now I am good to go.” He smiles.
“Good. Be careful, I’m so sorry this happened to you. It had to have been a very traumatic experience! For something like that to just happen randomly. It’s crazy!” She says.
“Please don’t worry so much about me. In the end it’ll all be okay.” He reassures her.