Race 4 Freedom | Teen Ink

Race 4 Freedom

By JynxLynx BRONZE, Londinium, Other
JynxLynx BRONZE, Londinium, Other

el dia del muerte is the best

When a girl runs from home, from her abusive mafia boss of a fiance, she finds herself in an enemy boss' house. what could possibly go wrong? Join her on a journy through her love life

Chapter 1: Fear

Fear

She stared up at him, feeling the chains' weight dragging painfully against her arm.

"You... You betrayed me... Didn't you, sweetheart?" He hissed, and knelt before her.

"No, my lord. I mustn't betray my love. I would never betray my lord. Never!" She cried out, and whined as her head jolted back against the wall.

"You see, men? You never trust anyone. Ever." He walked towards the door to grab his weapon, and she shrank back against the wall, melting into it as he swore.

"Damnit! This can't happen! That can't happen! Ever again! Find her. Bring her to me. I want my fiancé NOW! GO AND GET MY FIANCÉ! And the first to find her will get a huge reward..." He hissed.

As soon as his men had left, he crossed the room to trace the place his fiancé had been, trailing the chain between his fingers, and sighed.

"Oh babe. I need you, honey," he murmured, and walked away from the dungeon, hanging his head.

The last thing he felt for the one girl who had never been out of the gates. For the one girl he loved.

Fear. 

Chapter 2: Escape

Escape

She found herself outside the Mafia gates, with two passers by looking at her strangely.

"Are you okay, miss?" The female one of them asked, and the male looked at his companion.

"Does she look okay to you, Ikram?" The male asked.

He stepped towards her slowly.

"Hey, kiddo. Don't worry. Ikram and I will take good care of you. We'll take you back home with us and-" his words were lost to her as she ran, far from home, the place she'd known for years as home.

She had done something that Artur would never let happen. She'd gotten away. She'd ran. She'd done more than that. One thing more.

Escaped.

Chapter 3: Cold

Cold

Her ragged, ripped clothes were doing her no favours. She saw the gates. Cold was beginning to take over her as she pawed at the bell.

"Who's there?" A voice asked, a feminine voice.

"Help- help- please... Please help-" she murmured, not hearing footsteps coming up to the gate.

"Who are you, girl?" A male voice asked, and she looked up at him.

She tried to reach towards him, but fell forwards. He opened the gate and she fell forward into his arms.

"Who are you?" He asked again.

"Help... Please..." She said weakly.

"What are you?" He tried.

The final words she muttered as she fell into a deep sleep were,

"Cold."

Chapter 4: Anger

nger

The last of Artur's men filed into the small room.

"DID ANY OF YOU FIND MY FIANCÉ?" He roared, and his men shook their heads.

"Um... Sir... I've got a couple here," one of his men murmured.

"Wonderful. IF THEY AREN'T PHOENIX, I DON'T CARE!"

Then he took a closer look at them.

"Tell me what you know."

"We saw a young girl in sort of ragged clothes, running away. She just appeared. I don't know how-" the male started, and the female stopped him.

"Hush, André. Don't let them know everything, that's one thing we can't do. Not yet. If we do, we're dead. My lord, my name is Ikram, and this bumbling idiot is my husband, André. Wir wohnen en die Mafia auf die Russians. Wir kannst helfe du. Wir bist Spieß für du Italiens. If you let us help you, we'll make sure she's protected, safe. We know where she is. Meine Freunde hat informed me of her appearance."

Artur looked at them, pulled out his gun and, with one shot to the head, killed Ikram. Then, without looking at his reaction, sent André on his way, telling him to help look after his fiancé.

Both men had a look of loathing on their faces, along with something else.

Anger.