A Letter to My One True Love | Teen Ink

A Letter to My One True Love

Dear Jaxon,

I can’t even express through words how much I’ve missed you. When you were taken away, all the color was instantaneously sucked out of my world and was replaced by an aura of gray emptiness. Wow, that sounds really poetic, but it’s the truth. Every night, when I go to sleep, I’m missing you, and as soon as I wake up, I’m missing you all over again. Jaxon, I don’t think there’s ever a time when you’re not floating through my thoughts.

I just finished the novel The Sun is Also a Star, and it was absolutely, heartbreakingly beautiful. It kind of reminded me of us, and I guess that’s why it resonated with me so much. There was one quote that stood out to me, from Natasha’s thoughts: “Observable fact: I don’t believe in magic. Observable fact: We are magic.” Jaxon, we are magic. We’re each other’s destiny. You know that, right? I really hope you do.

You should definitely read the book. Wait, is literature forbidden in the town dungeon? It better not be. Losing each other was already tragic enough, but being alone with nothing to read? That would be living hell.

I want you back, Jaxon. I want you more than the sun wants the universe and the moon wants to illuminate the charcoal sky. I want you more than most people want God. I want you more than it is possible to want someone. And that is why I will never give up on you.

“These pages are the only places where I am allowed to love you. And so, I write.”

Love,

Dahlia

FOREVER AND ALWAYS