My First Bull Fight... | Teen Ink

My First Bull Fight...

April 25, 2018
By Angeles2003 SILVER, Eminence, Kentucky
Angeles2003 SILVER, Eminence, Kentucky
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

I’m Felipe the bull and I came from this big family that was always picked to bullfight and we always won. Well all except for my tio Pablo. Tio Pablo was really peaceful and he refused to fight, so he turned into an item on a restaurant's menu board. Today, I’m going to have my own fight against men and I’ll continue my family history. I’ll even talk you through the greatest day of my life.


For a four year old toro like me and to enter the plaza de toros, I was really scared and excited at the same time. All of a sudden I hear music being played by a live band and the audience that were sitting in the stands suddenly stood up and started cheering as loud as they could. I turned around to see what all the screaming was about and saw that the crowd were cheering for the men walking through the opening gates. Then in came in the matador. The matador held a big cape and carried a sword. I’m more frightened now, because I soon realize now that the crowd was cheering for men dressed in sparkly clothing called traje de luces.  The picadors got closer toward me and kept stabbing spears into my back weakening me to where I’m not able to fight the matador as strong as I’m hoping to be. I’m starting to get weak, so I start to stand still trying to catch my breath, then beginning to run around and trying to fight the men. Then I heard a voice shouting at me over all the cheering and musicing. It’s the picador's horse shouting at me.“ Kid keep fighting this fight you're in it's going to keep getting harder, you have to be strong.” The horse smiled at me and it made me feel good knowing someone is cheering for me.


After what felt like million years of torture, it was the matador’s turn to fight. He held out his muleta, I charged right at him and the small red cape.I swung right by him so close. I continued trying to attack the matador with my horns but he kept doing  veronica. We continued the cycle of me attacking and missing. The matador pulled his cape out really close to his waist and swung it around me once again. This time there was a twist.The matador pulled out his estocada and stabbed it into my spine. Putting me down, taking my last breath of air.