Looking through the storm | Teen Ink

Looking through the storm

By Audrey Ward BRONZE, Douglas Ville, Georgia
Audrey Ward BRONZE, Douglas Ville, Georgia

Looking through the glass as the trees go by while I dream of sun and flowers.Wishing my dad could have got custody of me instead my brother. Its hard for a 14 year old girl to leave everything and go to a new world. Why did my brother even want me. Its not like he birthed me, or spent his whole life caring for me. yes I love him but why do I have to live with him in Oklahoma instead of with my dad in Georgia. Even if dad stared to drink too much he still capable of taking care of me. It's just been hard on him since mom died and my brother just left him, and now I have to leave him. If he is alone he might just start to do drugs again and might actually, kill himself. My brother doesn't care I guess. As we drove, I see the sky getting grayer every second. Soon all I will see is the big mistakes I made to leave my dad. The only reason i was auctioned off like this is, because i posted all over my page that a certain girl wasn't the little angel they thought. Like seriously did she think she was going to mess with the queen and not get beheaded.Either way everyone knows she was so fake, but when a girl with a history messes up her face she is put on trial. Too bad my brother wanted to fight on my side, and won. More like i lost my life and he saved me from alternative school. Its whatever i will be back in my world soon. Arthur (my brother ) turned interrupting my thoughts , " It's just lovely out here isn't it." I rolled my eyes dramatically for him to see I wasn't in the mood to talk. He turned forward again and stated, " You don't have to acted as the world hates you. It not my or your fault that dad finally broke." I turned my head and deepen my voice " Dads not the problem. The problem is the brother who was never in my life just decided to walked back in with no invitations." I stopped for a second, " If you really think I'm staying with you then you have another coming. Once dad is better he will come and get me and you won't do crap." " It is about time you find out that life is not going to go your way, and there are consequences for your actions. So, I'm the best consequences you have right now, don't screw it up." I sat back crossing my arms in rage. How dare he act like he rules me. He not a parent and he rarely an adult. I will love to see the look on he's face when I walk out his door. As we continue to drive I see this little town called Pauls Valley. I feel like this place should have been put out of its youth long time ago. There's only 6,200 people in such a small place. I guess I'm about to be a part of this disgrace of a town.