The legend of prosperaseis | Teen Ink

The legend of prosperaseis

By Andrew_sutherland BRONZE, San Jose, California
Andrew_sutherland BRONZE, San Jose, California

On a spiritual plane from another world beyond human comperhension lies a realm of spirits. This worls is the backstage of our physical show, the source of universal creation. The realm is home to many framers of our universe, but one being exceptionally active named Prosperaseis. This is his story, but in order to tell it, we must travel a long way to another world in another time.

Long ago, a spirit of darkness created his own spirit in order to challenge the leading spirit, Quanwei. He named him Prosperaseis. Because Prosperaseis was created by a spirit inferior to Quanwei, unlike the other spirits, he was imperfect. When Quanwei found out about what the spirit of darkness did, He banished him from the spiritual realm and forced him to wander the cosmos. Prosperaseis continued living in the realm of the spirits, but most spirits still viewed his existance as a challenge to Quanwei and he became an outcast amoung them. Quanwei was the only spirit to ever show him sympaty, but hesitated to give him any assignment regarding the universe out of fear of what might result from his imperfections. Prosperaseis' isolation from the other spirits, along with his imperfections, caused him to become insecure, as well as determined to prove to others, and himself, that he was more than the dark creation that everyone saw him as-that he deserved to exist. He wanted more than anything else to live up to the same standards as the other spirits:

to be perfect.

One day Quanwei gathered all the spirits together in order to assign them tasks, including Prosperaseis, who was eagar to accept any assignment he could. The eagarness however, soon turned into disapointment when the assignments were given and once again, he failed to recieve one. Still, he went to Quanwei afterwards to volunteer on any assignment needing additional help. Quanwei thanked him and commended him for always having an additude that was willing to help, but the commendation meant nothing to Prosperaseis. He left the gathering of the spirits feeling sad and like a failure. Prosperaseis wanted to fulfill an assignment from Quanwei because he viewed it as an opportunity to show what he could accomplish. He viewed no opportunity given as no way to rise above his status, making him feel useless among others who were successful and accomplished.

Prosperaseis came to the next gathering of spirits feeling insecure, but continuing his willingness to serve any task Quanwei would possibly give him. This time his enthusiasm was not in vain-Quanwei finally gave him an assignment. He was instructed to preserve the life on earth by ending a drougt and bringing the rain. Prosperaseis saw this as his opportunity to finally show what he could accomplish, his moment to shine. If the earth creatures needed water, he would give them an abundance of it.

Prosperaseis put his plan to action and used his power to create rain on the earth; reviving the vegetation, filling the rivers, and ending the earth's devestating drought. However, Prosperaseis didn't know his limits and he continued to let it pour until the vegetation and rivers he revived flooded over. Once he realized what he did, Prosperaseis panicked and sent winds to blow the flooded waters over, but the winds he sent were also too strong and they became hurricanes, bringing destruction to anything in its path. In his final effort to undo the damage he caused, Prosperaseis commanded the fast-moving waters to a sudden halt, causing the waters to build up until a tidal-wave formed to drown over the coast. This finally caused Prosperaseis to admit defeat and give up, turning the assignment over to another spirit to fix the problem that he caused.

At the next gathering of the spirits, Prosperaseis entered covered in shame and feeling more like an outsider than ever. Some spirits felt the outcome of his assignment was proof that an imperfect creature had no business in the work of spirits. Others thought Prosperaseis knew exactly what he was doing and was trying to fulfill his creator's purpose in challenging Quanwei's authority. Having his mistakes on his mind, as well as everyone else's, caused Prosperaseis to be overcome in self-doubt. His whole existience, he wanted an opportunity to prove to the other spirits what he could do and who he could be; yet, he had his opportunity and failed. In his eyes, and in the eyes of everyone else, he was exactly who they always saw him as: a nusiance who only caused problems for everyone else; imperfect, incapable of accomplishing the simplest task for a spirit; a creation of darkness, who had no beneficial purpose in existing.

Quanwei gave the assignments, and to everyone but Prosperaseis' pleasure, Prosperaseis didn't recieve one. Before Quanwei dismissed the gathering of the spirits, he instructed Prosperaseis to talk to him alone. When they were alone, Quanwei lectured Prosperaseis for his careless actions and the damage he caused to the earth. Prosperaseis stood in silence as he was criticized for the actions he made, which he knew were naive and disasterous. Still, before Quanwei sent him off, taking in consideration of Prosperaseis' imperfections, he thanked him for his effort and encouraged him for his next assignment. Inside, however, Prosperaseis was still in an emotional isolation from the other spirits. In his mind, he was a screw up and no matter how hard he tried to be like the other spirits, he would never be good enough for anyone's approval.

He had an emotional breakdown and confessed to Quanwei his feelings of low self-esteem, his insecurity among the other spirits, the questioning of his own existence, and above all else, his wish to be perfect. Quanwei tried to soothe his pain by letting him know that despite his imperfections, he was valued. If not by anyone else, by Quanwei himself. He furthered his comment to Prosperaseis that despite his orgin and imperfect power, he had the abillity to become more than how everyone saw him as as long as he didn't let it hold himself back.

Prosperaseis appreciated Quanwei's consideration, but it didn't help. Even if he could be more than how the spirits viewed him, he still couldn't be perfect. No matter what Quanwei said, words couldn't change facts- Prosperaseis was given one assignment and doing it only made things worse. However, the passion still burned in Prosperaseis to prove what he could do and he decided he was no longer going to wait for opportunities. He was going to make his own.

Prosperaseis went rouge according to Quanwei's system and began to fulfill his own assignments in the spiritual realm. He used his power and caused a mystical rain on the earth that was solid and white, beautifying the mountianous regions. However, this solid rain, though beautiful, was cold and beyond tempertures many creatures could bear. Prosperaseis then ballanced the temperatures by increasing the heat of the sun. The increased heat melted heat melted the solid rain and the flow of it helped to prevent droughts, bringing plants to life and turning valleys green throughout the land. The sun's heat later on became too intense and it made many earth creatures uncomfortable, tired and thirsty. Prosperaseis then made the decision to bring more rains and decrease the intensity of the sun. These are actions Prosperaseis made within a twelve-month period and it became a pattern for him.

Prosperaseis' reputation among the spirits as rouge towards Quanwei's orders only increased the speculation that he had always intended to carry out his creator's will and many felt he should've also been expelled from the realm of the spirits, but out of sympathy and knowledge that, despite his disobedience, Prospereaseis meant well, Quenwei never did.

To this day. Prosperaseis remains in the never-ending work cycle he established so many years ago. After years of doing so, he has gained better control of his power but at times still shows his imperfections. Sometimes he causes it to snow and creates a blizard; Sometimes he increases the sun and causes a heatwave. Sometimes he sends the rain and overfloods the rivers; and sometimes he underestimates the rain and snow and creates a drought. At every change of the season, we see Prosperaseis at work and every new year serves as a reminder of what he can do; But despite all this, he continually spends each year unhappy and wanting to do more because he still hasn't accepted a basic fact. A fact that is sad, but nonetheless established in him and in each one of ourselves:

That no matter how hard he tries, he can not be perfect.

I'll admit that the story is sad but still holds a powerful message and I hope it helps anyone who feels insecure or has low self-esteem