Curse or Blessing? | Teen Ink

Curse or Blessing?

February 20, 2018
By TaniaAuroura130 BRONZE, Lexington, Kentucky
TaniaAuroura130 BRONZE, Lexington, Kentucky
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Memories are the pictures in your mind that remind you of significant events in your life; The photos taken by your mind that help you remember those loops of memories. As if your memories were on repeat, never stopping. For me, that's how they were. Never ending, I would somehow relive those memories.As young as three years old we start forming these memories. We can be so young yet live a lifetime of memories. Others so elderly that we have a short amount of memories.

I never knew, was this a blessing or is this a curse? At the time for me, it seemed like a horrendous curse, growing and growing until it caught me and cursed me with the ability to relive all of my memories; Good and bad. But after living with this curse for fourteen years I haven't realized maybe it isn't a curse but a slightly favorable blessing. Letting me relive my memories is something unique. Something not all humans have the ability to do. Of course, there are some perks of this. Being able to relive your good, pleasant memories. But then come the bad memories. These can remind you of the pain or suffering you have been through. Memories are the pictures in your mind that remind you of significant events in your life; The photos taken by your mind that help you remember those loops of memories. Every memory is unique. But just think is reliving your memories really a curse or a blessing?