gruesome Gordon | Teen Ink

gruesome Gordon

February 16, 2018
By Paul1234 BRONZE, Somerset, Kentucky
Paul1234 BRONZE, Somerset, Kentucky
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
yolo


The bright green color of the Boston Celtics jerseys would catch your eye from across the stadium. The first game of the Season And Gordon And Kyrie would take on Lebron James The King, also Kyries former teammate. The Celtics needed to prove something with their new an improved lineup. Gordon Hayward a 6 foot 10 inch forward was ready to give the king a run for his title and a chance to take over the eastern conference. The game tipped off and the Celtics were ready to run and gun.
About 2 minutes into the 1st quarter The Celtics up 4 points drawn up a play for Gordon Hayward to catch an Alley-oop. Lebron James one of the best defenders in the league guarded Gordon. As Gordon cut baseline and left the ground to catch the pass Lebron got under him and knocked him off balance as he landed his shin was broke into two halves. He pleaded for a timeout. His foot dangled as if it didn't belong to his body. His teammates clinched their fist and turned their heads. Even players on the Cavaliers bench put their heads down. Lebron and Kyrie both came over to comfort him. Commentators said “This is a players worst nightmare.” Gordon left on a stretcher and the whole stadium gave him a standing ovation. The celtics went on to be the 1st team in the east and patiently await Gruesome Gordon's return. Even through the loss and struggles without him they maintained and overcame. Turn losses into Lessons. 


The author's comments:

Ball is life