A Chickens Life | Teen Ink

A Chickens Life

February 11, 2018
By clayposey BRONZE, Malakoff, Texas
clayposey BRONZE, Malakoff, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I like chicken because it can be deep fried, but I don’t really know what life they go through to get there.
I hear a lot of bad things about chicken, they are raised horrible, they usually perish in a bad way and they are moved on huge shipping boats,trains, or trucks. But do they really have it that hard? I would love to live in a tiny cage, and get to eat and sleep all the time.
I don’t know about only getting to go outside every now and again. I would like to be able to move around and stretch my legs. I would probably be so big that it wouldn’t even matter. These are the chickens raised for their meat quality.
The chickens raised for eggs are even worse they live in one foot by one foot cages and I don’t think they ever get out. They just lay there and make eggs. Those chickens never get to experience adulthood. After they cant supply eggs any longer they are sold into oils and meat.  If you are a roster in the egg industry you will be killed because they won’t need you. When most female chicks are born their beak will be cut down by a hot blade. When this happens it hurts during and after the procedure.
When chicken is raised free range it gets to run around looking for food instead of being kept in a small cage. It gets to live out its life with all its friends. Then they are taken and processed into food. This is the way I want my food to be raised. To be left alone to enjoy their life until death. This is a very rare thing though most are just raised in conditions were the industry doesn’t have to spend a lot of money to raise these birds. All they care about is the profit they can make off of the animals, but not the well being of them. 
Chicken should be able to run free, and not worry about dying, or being hurt. They should always be left alone till slaughter. This in the way any every animal should be raised.