The gold | Teen Ink

The gold

One day I was in the garden and I was working really hard on planting all of my plants, food, and flowers. Gardening is one of my favorite things to do.  I was digging to put the flower in the dirt.

“clank” I heard.

I was so confused. I have never heard that sound before and I have planted a lot before in the past. I stuck my hand in the dirt and started trying to reach in to see what made that sound. I took a chunk of something out of the dirt. It was dirty I couldn’t even tell what it was. I went inside to go and clean it off. When I finally did I realized that it was either real or fake gold.  My next move was go to the pawn shop to go and see if it was real or not. I got in my car and went to the shop and I went up to the front desk.

“Hello I was wondering if you would please check if this is real. “

The man looked down at the piece of whatever I had in my hand. He grabbed it out of my hand and started to investigate it.

“Where did you get this is a nice piece of gold it’s real”. He said.

“Wow really?” 

“Yeah. Do you want to pawn it?”

“No thank you. Have a good day ”. I said as I started to leave.

“You too”

I got into my car and went back home. I started to dig in my backyard I dug all around and got a lot more gold. I figured if that was real why wouldn’t the rest of it be real. When I dug all my backyard up I had a whole bag full of gold. I took it back to the pawn shop and got 600 dollars back. Guess what I did with all of the money. I bought all the stuff I would need for my garden.  Man I love to garden

Iv'e never gardened before but I wasn't sure what to write about.