the stroke that hit christmas | Teen Ink

the stroke that hit christmas

By bailey Rogers BRONZE, Trinidad, Texas
bailey Rogers BRONZE, Trinidad, Texas

“Bing bing bing bing’’I heard in my ears, my moms phone going off at six in the morning I try eavesdropping on the call but my mom ran out of the door faster than lightning strikes.I fell asleep and about a hour later my dad woke my sister and I up,  he told us we  need to go to the hospital Grandma is sick.

As we walked into my my grandma's room, I could see a bunch of wires all on her face and a  tube down her throat, the doctor walked in and was explaining what happened and how She had a stroke that was caused by her last surgery the doctors left cotton inside her stomach stroke which caused a stroke.

She was in a coma for two months and we started to get worried, all these questions were running through my head: Is she going to make it?  Will she be okay? Will she be herself? I'm trying to be strong through all of this but every time i look at my aunt Rori, A new tear comes out, what will we do? How is she going  to deal with all this?  She loves her so much, my grandpa what about him ? i'm asking in my head that's the love of his life and she is isolated in a room with tubes down her throat and wires  on her face.

It was december first and we were all in the  room seeing what the doctor was going to say, I turned to look at my grandma as the doctor was speaking and i saw her eyes moving a little bit and then i ran over to her and yelled to my mom and dad and they came over there,she  opened her eyes she started flipping out she didn't know what was going on she tried pulling the tube out of her throat and the doctors ended up having to tie her hands and feet down until they explained it all to her.

It’s  two days before Christmas, and my grandma asked the doctor if she will get to go home soon .The  doctor looked at her and said, ‘’Christmas?” What's Christmas? Doctors never get Christmas!then she added yes,”  there is a chance you will  get to see your kids on Christmas but she got me I will be stuck here.

My mom called us into the  living room on Christmas Eve and told us if Grandma can't come home for Christmas,  We will take christmas to her,  we made all of Grandma's favorite desserts and food,  We took them to her,  but she wasn't there she, We called my grandpa and he said, She got moved last night to a different hospital.

We got to my house and my grandpa was outside, he asked us  to close our eyes i was confused thinking about why the heck would we want to close our  eyes when we should be going to the  hospital you know the thing my grandma is in?

My grandpa told us we can open our eyes no, but i new it was just a joke so id decided not to. I heard my sister yell grandma and i opened my eyes real quick to see her standing in front of us   i thought i was day dreaming so i inched myself to wake up  when i opened my eyes she was still there i was so happy she was there yet again scared she could have another stroke right in front of me or worse.                

my grandma and her being a fighter