Sweet adiction | Teen Ink

Sweet adiction

April 5, 2009
By Sam/abe SILVER, Barton-le-clay, Other
Sam/abe SILVER, Barton-le-clay, Other
7 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Everyone needs something to stop them going insane. For some it's love. It keeps them whole when they're falling apart and pick's them up when the world knocks then down. Time and time again, it works. Others aren't so lucky. For some love isnt an option, so instead they reach for the knife, the bottle, the drug. Anything they can find. I know. I'm one of them. Take it from me, if there was another way to live, we'd grab onto it with both hands and never let go. But there isnt. Our way works, but only just. It doesn't keep us whole, it simply fills the space the world carved out. It doesn't pick us up when the world pushes us down, it puts us there so the world can't. It makes sure we're already at rock bottem, so we can't fall any farther.

The people who use love to survive aren't that different to us, yet they look down on us. To them we are the lowest rungs on the social ladder. The adicts. The druggies. The freaks. They avoid us like the plauge, but we aren't so different no matter what you tell your self. All we've done is found a way to stay sane in an insane world. It doesn't matter whether it's healthy or destructive, it works all the same. Yeah. We're adicted. So are you. Without love where would you be? Down here with us.

Everyone has something to stop them going insane. What are you adicted to?