Real Wierdness | Teen Ink

Real Wierdness

By mjwied92 SILVER, Kalamazoo, Michigan
mjwied92 SILVER, Kalamazoo, Michigan

5:30 A.M.

The buzzer goes off and Mark wakes up. Mark turns off his alarm, hops out of bed, pees, and hops in the shower.

He feels the hot water and soap flow down his body as he thinks of how his day will be. ‘Theres not much to think about, its just school,’ Mark thinks to himself.

Now feeling much more relaxed and awake, Mark hops out of the shower and dries himself off. He then puts his Arctic Refresh Right Guard Deodorant on, along with his clothes, and trots downstairs. “Hey, bud,” says Marks dad, “ready for another day of school?”

“Hell no,” Mark Says.

“Well to bad. While your at work I'll be sitting in my office making the big bucks.”

Mark has always known he came from a wealthy family, after all last year for his 16th birthday he got a Corvette.

“Yeah, so you can get me that new sound system for my car,” says Mark.

“In your dreams!” replies Marks dad, “But I have to run so remember to do whatever it is you do. And get to school on time.”

Marks dad ran out the door. A few minutes later he heard he squealing tires of his dads Porsche. ‘Huh, crazy b******,’ Mark thought to himself. He then pulled out a box of Frosted Flakes and began to eat breakfast. After he finished, Mark brushed his teeth and went into the garage where his Corvette was sitting. He hopped into the car, threw on his sunglasses, and peeled out of the driveway.

7:30 A.M.

Mark got to school, jumped out of his car, locked it and went inside.

This was just like any other school day:
7:50-8:55
1st Hour
9:00-10:15
2nd Hour
10:15-10:45
Lunch
10:45-11:55
3rd Hour
12:00-1:10
4th Hour
1:15-2:25
5th Hour

So for Mark it was just another unfortunate fate to suffer through for the rest of the school year, which was, fortunately, only a few months away.

3:00 P.M.

Mark got home noticing his fathers car was not in the garage. ‘Great hes working late again,’ Mark thought to himself. He knew not to worry though, so he just went inside.

As soon as Mark kicked his shoes off he grabbed some Dorrito’s and hopped onto the couch. He clicked the remote an the television turned on.

3:50 P.M.

Mark was getting bored of the T.V. So he flipped the switch, turned over on the couch, and fell asleep.

9:00 P.M.

Mark awoke to the sound of his fathers Porsche pulling into the garage. He got up very lazily and stretched just as his dad walked in. “Hey, dad,” Mark said noticing the groceries in his fathers hands.

Then for no reason at all Marks dad dropped the groceries and hopped into the nearest hallway. Out of the corner of Marks eye he saw his father come out of the room where the hallway led and run upstairs. ‘What the hell is this,’ Mark thought to himself. Then Mark heard the pounding of his fathers footsteps coming down the stairs, along with the cock of what sounded like a shotgun.

Marks father stepped off the final step and pointed the gun directly at Mark. Mark threw his hands up just as his father said, “Who the hell are you? And what are you doing in my house?”

“Dad...” Mark started to say but was cut off by his father.

“Dont call me. I’ve never seen you before in my life.”

“Come on dad this isn't funny and its really freaking me out.”

Marks father walked up to him, still having the gun raised. Marks dad was close enough now that if he pulled the trigger Mark would be gone for good. “Get out of my house before I call the Police, or even worse shoot you,” Marks Father said. Mark ran to the door, kicked it open, hopped into his Corvette, and too off out of the garage. “Hey get back here with my car,you little s***,” Mark heard his father yell, but Mark didn't bother to turn his head, he just kept going.

11:00 P.M.

Mark was more calm now. He was parked in the back of a Perkins restaurant trying to fall asleep. But not even closing his eyes helped. Only his thoughts were what was keeping him from falling asleep. ‘What happened?” Mark thought to himself, ‘I’m still myself aren't I?’ Hurriedly Mark looked at himself in the rear view mirror of his car. His face was the same. So what happened.

Red and blue lights flashed and Mark heard police sirens. “Get out of the car with your hands up,” he heard a man yell. So Mark got up and jumped out of the car with his hands up.

“Now back up,” the man said.

So Mark did so. He got to the man and then he felt something metal wrap around his left wrist. Then the man put Marks hands together behind his back, and Mark felt another piece of metal wrap around his right wrist. Mark tried to pull his hands apart and realized his hands were handcuffed.

“You are under arrest for Breaking And Entering and Grand Theft Auto,”said the now obvious cop, “You have the right to remain silent...” and the cop continued reading Mark his rights.

12:00 A.M.

Mark was in a jail cell waiting to be questioned. Then a cop came down the hall with his strangerly dad. “Ten minutes,” said the cop, letting Marks dad into the cell. Right when the cell door slammed Marks dad ran at him and gave Mark a right hook to the face. Mark fell, hit a bench, and was out for the count.

???

A bell sounded and Mark jumped hitting his knee on his desk.

“Ow, oh ow,” Mark yelled allowed.

All his fellow students stared towards him. He was in school again. ‘But how,’ Mark thought, ‘I could have sworn that dream, or whatever it was, was so real.’ He felt his lip, it stung with pain and was bleeding, then he got a terrible headache. Mark got up and ran to the bathroom to check himself out. Everything was there; the cut on his lip from his dad hitting him, the massive bump from his head hitting the bench, even the wrist marks from the handcuffs.

Mark thought, ‘Ok, just finish up the school day and go home.’

3:00 P.M.

Once again Mark came to his house, but slowly this time. He pulled into the garage and his dads Porsche was there. He then went inside after pulling his car into the garage, and his dad was sitting at the kitchen table.

Mark shut the door quietly, but accidentally dropped his keys. His dad turned quickly, Mark got ready to run. “Hey son. How was school?” Marks dad said.

“Good,” Mark replied in a weary voice.

“Oh, well thats...” his father paused, “What happened to your face?”

“Well...” and Mark started to tell his dad about his crazy story.