The Birth of a Story | Teen Ink

The Birth of a Story

By Pasha BRONZE, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Pasha BRONZE, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Every word counts. Every memory, every day, counts. As the ink flows to the tip of my pen and I maneuver my hand across the page, this is all my story. Or rather, one part of it. But all my memories and thoughts, have somehow come together with just the right juxtaposition, the right angle, the right words, to create an idea.

Think of it this way. You are at the center of your universe. You are the object around which your thoughts, your memories, revolve. People in your life are planets, in your gravitational pull and your mind’s thoughts are your moons. One day, a rare celestial event happens.

The gravitational pulls, orbits, and timing fall into place and everything in your universe is aligned- in just the right way. The way a full moon sways the tides and the sun is eclipsed-suddenly everything is arranged perfectly so that it inspires thought, which branches into further exploration which accelerates with inspiration- and your dream is born.

You may have read that paragraph and felt confusion and bewilderment-the metaphors may not have made sense, the words may not have been chosen just right. But sometimes that happens- you cannot find fitting words to enumerate your thoughts.

But as the ink flows to the tip of your pen and your hand struggles to keep pace with your mind, in the end a story is born.