Aids: My Lethal Reality This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

AIDS is darkness. AIDS is fear. AIDS is a fatally multiplying brutality that is killing, destroying all that it comes in contact with. It is hunger starving for a cure. And AIDS is also the disease that has murdered my brother, taking from him his most precious possession - his life ....

The sky was rumbling softly, a distant storm approaching in the autumn night - the night that I found out. I had been lying in bed, counting the flashes of lightning outside, when I heard him in the next room crying. I sat up, listening, holding my breath.

I slipped out of bed and quietly padded across the carpeted floor of my room to his closed door. When I knocked, the crying stopped. I didn't wait for a reply. Swiftly I opened the door.

Silence filled the short distance between us. A flash of lightning brightened the room momentarily, and I caught a glimpse of his tear-stained face and devastated expression.

"What is it?" I stepped closer to him, the chill of fear beginning to creep into my blood. I could no longer see him in the darkness.

"It was a mistake, it had to be," I remember him mumbling, his voice barely a whisper. "They say I'm HIV positive ... I have AIDS ... all the tests came out positive ..."

At that moment I remember feeling completely drained. I began to shake uncontrollably. Again the lightning illuminated the room, but I turned away from his pleading eyes. I felt nauseous. He said my name, but I did not reply. It took me a few minutes before I found my voice, and that's when I began asking questions.

My brother had always had many girlfriends, and I knew he had slept with quite a few of them. So it wasn't a big surprise when he told me he had contracted the virus heterosexually. I also knew that he had been sick a lot more than what was considered normal; sick for the past seven or eight months, until he decided to get some blood tests run.

I remained in his room for the rest of the night, and I remained by his side for the following year and a half. It killed me inside to watch him die slowly. The virus caused him to deteriorate, without hesitation or compassion. I am filled with hatred for this disease. The memory of his pale thin body and his lifeless eyes will never leave my mind. It is a memory that has replaced all others. No longer is he the energetic, charming, attractive young man who could steal girls' hearts. No longer is he the older brother whom I could rely on and laugh with and share my secrets with. Now all I have is the memory of his dying, spiritless life - the life that AIDS has taken from him.

So I say AIDS is darkness and fear and hunger. I say AIDS is a deadly disease. And I also say AIDS is a reality, for no longer will I say it isn't real. It is the thief who has stolen my brother from the world.

Tweetie said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 9:35 am
This Made Me Want Tew Cry A Little Because The Ending Remined Me Of My Sister Who Died From A Virus In Her Lungs I Do Miss Her Energetic And Beautiful Self :( 

Amber C./deep throwt said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 9:19 am
wow that is really sad and i'm glad when i was giving my man head that he didnt have aids.And to the public just know that i am sorry for the video being on facebook so early and just know when am older DVD 2 will be coming out soon and thnx 4 all the views i got i love my fans ;)

adolshola HOE replied...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 9:32 am
yall hoes needa jump off my man shaudian cause ima pretty boss and i keep my nigg' happy hoes. |exposingsmuts|

RAYRAY143 said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 8:58 am
thats sad i wouldnt have the guts to watch a person die slowly :[

cookiemonster replied...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 9:05 am
dnt b stealin my numba 2 boifwnd u need to go smewae wit ur rayray143 he dnt want u so plz change that danm name

Vanisha said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 8:55 am
Thanks for sharing your touvhing story. I Know how hard it is to share something so personal and trying to let other people understand on how something that nobody even were aware of really do happen and that it can sneak up on you anytime! keep your head aup high and do the best that you can

Vanisha replied...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 9:08 am

I meant touching ( don't judge me)!

cookiemonster said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 8:47 am
omj y would u do that ma mom would have killed me u should think hard and dnt feel that bad cuz ur taken it really hard and many ppl are just make fun of u and i would b sad well nt sad bt so mad bt its ok think about tha positive nt tha negative.....

Gren 519 said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 7:48 am
dis is a very very sad story man

ghost305 said...
my bad 4 wat i said earlier now i feel bad 

famous fatso said...

i really dont want ot have aids good thing im a virgin

amber cole said...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 8:56 am
dam man i feel sorry. ac

cookiemonster replied...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 8:56 am
all i kan say is that hmm wow wtf was u going thru..bt dont take it hard its ok...wen life gives u lemons make lemon juice so make the danm juice and b happy

Elmo replied...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 9:02 am
Dude.......I wonder how you feel right now about your situation. I just have one question, why did you do it? You must get so many critisism. I dont think people should treat you differently because s*** like that happen everyday and its not a big deal, well maybe it is because of your family, your future family and whatever but dont let that get you down just keep perservering and best of luck. God still loves you. :)

Elmo replied...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 9:20 am
Dude......One question why did you do it? You must take so much critisism but dont let that slow you down because so much s*** like that happens everyday. It might be a big deal to your friends, family, and it might effect your future but just keep perservering. I wish you good luck and God still loves you ! :)

Mr. Luna said...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 8:07 am

that was pretty sadand me as a boy I feel real sorry and i wish you the best  of luck, god bless your soal

sherry said...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 7:40 am

yall so pethetic

Mookie14 replied...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 7:46 am
girl be quiet this aint no time to laugh and make jokes i actually cryed on this by just feelings how they felt

Mookie14 said...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 7:32 am
this was so touching i felt everything you was saying..i hope god didnt take him away from you...i hope you are okay because after reading this i feel that you really care about your brother....i hope you the best of luck...God bless you

TWINN said...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 7:31 am
THATS WAS INTERESTING BUT AT THE SAME TIME IT WAS SAD THAT HE HAD THAT TYPE OF DIESESE