Colored Days | Teen Ink

Colored Days

October 16, 2017
By InvisibleWriter SILVER, New Hampton, New Hampshire
InvisibleWriter SILVER, New Hampton, New Hampshire
8 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
~RobFrost


Days of Black are my bad days, they are the days in which I spend my time cataloging shadows. Black is a color that I am all too familiar with. I wish to see more days of Blue, or maybe even Yellow. Blue days can be filled with laughter, and happy smiles, where no shadows can be found for miles. Yellow days I can only hope for they are not something I think, no I know I will never see a Yellow day, my life is destined for a different path than Yellow. My life has always been shadows of Black and Grey, sometimes there are blocks of Blue but they never stick around for long. I have never in my life seen days of Red. I can’t even hope to ever see Red when my days are constantly Black, no one wants to be anywhere near someone who can only see the Shadow Colors. Red days are for those who can see the Bright Colors. One of my “many” friends meet someone once that could see only the Bright Colors, she said that it was weird trying to talk to them, they had little to nothing in common. Then again a year of Black later she too began to see the Bright Colors. Even as she began to drift from us, she would still take the time to tell us of her Bright days. If you got her drunk enough she would even tell you of her Red days with her new “friend”. So I guess maybe there is hope for us Shadows after all.


The author's comments:

Written for a Color + Narrative workshop.