Colored Seasons | Teen Ink

Colored Seasons

By InvisibleWriter SILVER, New Hampton, New Hampshire
InvisibleWriter SILVER, New Hampton, New Hampshire

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
~RobFrost

The autumn equinox comes to mind first when I think of my freshman year of college. It was a warm and exciting experience yet at the same time shocking. I learned many things about myself that I never thought possible, it was like discovering that there was this whole other side to my already two-sided coin. Discovering that there's a side that fits between what the world sees and what I see of myself was shocking but not deafening.

Then came the snow line of winter, that began my descent into the cave of blue that came when the snow began to fall. That’s not to say that I didn’t keep learning things or that I became depressed. My cave of blue is there to keep me warm and focused on my goal, cause winter is the time of change for those around me. Winter is the busiest season for most but for me, it is merely a shade of blue on the fast track to spring.

Spring would be my favorite time of year except with it comes the lovebirds and the songbirds who try to make up for the time they lost during winter. Spring is when I would rather still be in my cave of blue but I have to deal with everyone’s Hurricane Lamp Glow. The fights of happiness and sadness warring within everyone, till summer, comes to save the day.

When it becomes time for summer I pull out my sword so I can fend off those that seek my attention merely out of there own boredom. They began a game of silver swordplay in hopes that they can win where others have lost. I merely wish to be left alone to my books and aloneness. For no one wants to be bothered when all they wish for is to be alone with those that actually care. Then when summer comes to a close I can return to my safe haven of the autumn equinox.

Written for Color + Narrative workshop.