Diving into the Endless Blue | Teen Ink

Diving into the Endless Blue

September 10, 2017
By RajaviMishra GOLD, Noida, Other
RajaviMishra GOLD, Noida, Other
14 articles 0 photos 4 comments

As my auburn eye balls rolled down to glance at the pulsing blue heart of the ocean, my heart commenced throbbing with a greater alacrity causing shades of red to diffuse on my pale white face like a withered yet tender white rose. As the gust pirouetted around me, the waves piled upon one another to form a cataract of foam concealing the blue paradise. As I zipped up the bodysuit and dived from my yacht bearing the heavy metallic cylinder on my back, it pumped the life saver into my mouth which left a chalky essence on my tongue. This silence in the blue paradise just allowed the humming engine of the steamer to reach my ears piercing through the curtain of waves. The pressure of the ocean currents tried to crush me to distort into a tiny grain floating down the passage directed by the currents to reach the copper bed. As I looked up, my glassy eyes widened to see the rusted bottom of the yacht hampering the passage of sunlight which allowed it to scatter around the yacht and refract through the translucent layer of waves. Then I tried to move my limbs but the enormous blue mass exerted its pressure on my diminutive limbs halting the movement. Suddenly I got used to, to the current and as I budged forward leaving the empty blue mass behind, I realized that I wasn't alone. I was encompassed by blurred minute organisms drifting slowly in the blue mass. As I approached them, my eyes slid around to look multitudes of fishes, polka dotted, striped, argiled, trellised in different hues racing around my diminutive body in the blue mass. The marine plants and corals could be spotted deep on the copper bed. As I swished down like an underwater missile, my vision was enhanced due to an addition of different species, hues and textures, which could not even be registered in my brain, already wrapped in the turmoil of astonishment. The rugged texture of corals pricked my pale white fingers. Three feet tall marine plants vined around these corals which extended upwards to form an archway exhibiting thousands of other species. The rugged topography of these archways caused by the sheer force of water on its surface had different sized holes which showcased weeds and climbers vining around. As I neared the archway my eyes glistened due to the presence of a glimmering white ball resting on its scaled bed, as if waiting for me to take it in my satiny hands imbued with water and expose it to the surface above the ever moving ocean which is tempestuous, unlike the serene ocean.