Forever | Teen Ink

Forever

By Cashasaur SILVER, Monroe Twp., New Jersey
Cashasaur SILVER, Monroe Twp., New Jersey

Of all of the lies you told 'I love you' was my favorite

I was walking down from the bus stop to my house at night. It was about 6:30 and I was all by myself, at least I thought I was. I was stuck after school doing work and school play stuff.

Today was amazing I mean everyday Sam and I get closer when we see each other. Ever since the first day in Social Studies I met him we became closer friends everyday. Soon I fell in love with that boy, even though sometimes we do get on each other’s nerves. Sam was funny, unique, strange, fun to be around, and I would always smile when I see him. His hair is golden blond, his eyes were dark dreamy blue, he was one of the skinniest kids in the school, and his smile was the biggest I have ever seen.

I’m glad I met him in 7th grade; lets just say 6th grade wasn’t the best year of my life.

Suddenly out of nowhere I heard something run through the bushes and I stopped dead. “Angela …” the voice said my name.

“Who’s there?” I demanded. Silence. Then I started to walk again, but this time I had a strange feeling in my gut.

“Angela …” The voice whispered my name again.

“I said who’s there?” My voice had an annoying edge to it.

“You’re in danger,” it sounded sincere.

“What? Who’s there,” I started to run like hell. My backpack was growing heavier on my back, damn homework slowing me down. Damn the teachers for giving me so much work.

Soon there was a bright light shining from the end of the road, so I turned and ran even faster. The books were slowing me down, so I threw them toward the light hoping hitting whatever was calling my name. Nothing happened after I chucked my backpack.

Then after that the light traveled to the direction I was trying to run away from. My veins were filled with fear and adrenaline, while my face was pouring with sweat cooling my hot face.

After running and the light chasing after me my legs started to turn into jello. I tripped over a crack in the middle of a sidewalk and fell down with suffering rushing through out my whole body.

My head slammed against the concrete that made my head feel blurry and made me pass out.

When I woke up it looked like I lying down on the couch of my house, the flat screen T.V. up front, the glass table in the center, and the golden couch with a little bit of blue on one of the pillows from when I was painting my nails. Yet for some odd reason it didn’t feel right, like I wasn’t really home. I slowly sat up from the couch I noticed that someone covered me with a Barbie ballerina blanket I had when I was 5 years old. No one was in sight and the house felt very empty. “Hello,” I said, but all I heard was an empty echo thrown right back at me.

I quickly got up and started to walk toward the kitchen, which was right next to the living room. When I walked up to the refrigerator and opened it something was very wrong. All the foods were in metal cans with a nozzle at the top.

This is very weird, when did we get all of these kinds of food, when did they actually event these kinds? “I see you noticed the food, were you hungry?” A familiar voice came from behind me. When I turned around I was relieved, but yet shocked. It was my mom, but she didn’t look like my mom. Her eyes were baggier and her face increased with wrinkles.

“Mom?” I softly said.

“Yea, sweetie it’s me,” she replied with a giant smile.

“You look so-“

“Old?” She cut me off and she was right.

“Yea, what happened?”

“I know you’re not going to believe me, but we’re in the future,” she whispered.

“You’re right, I don’t believe you,” I said a little bitter.

“Now calm down sweetie, I know this is confusing, but you have to listen to me,” she started to hug me.

“Are you high or something,” I pushed her away.

“No, besides marijuana became extinct years ago.” What the hell is she talking about, I mean a lot of people do pot.

“You’re crazy mom,” I started to run, what else could have I done. When I ran up to my room, it looked neat and untouched, not like the last time I left it. When exactly was the last time did I leave it? My cell phone was resting on my red pillow, so I grabbed it and looked through my contacts. Everything seemed pretty normal I still had all of my friends on there.

I looked at Sam’s number and started to call it, I mean he’s the one I can actually turn to. The music played back it was Love Lockdown, by Kanye West, at least that part’s still normal. “Hello?” A voice interrupted the music, it sounded familiar, but a little deeper.

“Sam?” I finally blurted out.

“Wow, I haven’t been called that in a while,” he chuckled. Sam’s real name was Garret and he hated it we would call him Sam.

“Is this Sam?” My voice stuttered.

“Yea, who’s this?”

“Don’t you remember me its Angela,” I said.

“Angela who?”

“Angela Gart,” I said hoping he actually remembered me.

“No you’re not, Angela Gart disappeared over 10 years ago,” he said bitterly.

“Yes it is me,” I argued.

“Prove it,” he sounded unconvinced.

“Ok, in the 7th grade I gave you an Ed Hardy Tie and you said it was beautiful.”

“Anyone could’ve guessed that.”

“No really because we were by ourselves,” my voice sounded pushy.

“Still I told a lot of people.”

“Ok, if you don’t believe me then meet me at Luigi’s Pizza in 10 minutes,” I growled.

“Fine, but if you’re not I’m going to beat you to a pulp,” he sounded like he meant it. Why would he do that if someone were trying to impersonate me? Its not like he cares about me that much, right?

I raced downstairs and walked out the door, “Mom I’m leaving for Luigi’s.”

“Be back soon,” she smiled, “and take this with you.” She threw me a watch, but it had more buttons on it. After I put it on, I ran outside with the wind blowing through my hair.

Luigi’s was just a few blocks from my house and I ran faster so that gave me sort of an edge I guess. When I walked on the streets there were hardly any cars, so that meant no one will kill me. Then when I looked up there were tubes with little buses going through them. The buses were big and carrying about 20 people in it. Now this is weird, I just looked away and started to walk. When I walked in the little strip mall the pizza place was still there in one piece, good.

I opened the door to the pizza place it was crowded with tons of people in it. They were rushing in and out of the place almost trampling me and I even some people say, ‘hey kid watch it.’ I walked in with some relief in my mind, but it got interrupted when someone said, “Angela is that you?” I turned around and it was some college kid, his hair was just like Sam’s except spiked up, the freckles on his nose were gone, actually tall, and blue in his eyes were darker. He was kind of cute, but for an old guy.

“Who are you,” I tried to step back, but accidentally bumped into someone.

“It’s me Sam, but people call me Garret now,” he smiled at me.

“No you’re not Sam’s 13 and you’re what 25?”

“24 actually, and it is me,” he tried to walk closer to me.

“Stay back I know karate,” my voice started to break a little.

“I know that you used to say to me a lot,” he laughed.

“Not you, Sam,” I growled.

“I am Sam, I’m just older and you’re the same ever since that day I saw you and you gave me my smencial back,” he knew what he was saying.

“How do you know that only Sam knew,” I was still unconvinced.

“I am Sam, and I’m sorry I didn’t believe you when you called my cell phone,” he apologized.

“You’re not Sam you’re some old guy,” I blurted out.

“Actually I’m in college, I remember you used to insult me here and there for fun,” he smiled.

“Ugh! Stop saying you’re Sam! You’re name might be Sam, but you’re not my Sam! Sam Miven.”

“It’s Garret Miven actually.”

“Ok, if you are Sam then what did I say you looked like?”

“A croissant,” his face was closer to mine.

“Lucky guess,” I said bitterly. “What did you used say about grapes?”

“That they’re juicy and I say I didn’t know they were me until someone told the day they noticed you disappeared.”

“Who?”

“Rachel.”

“So what, I had a crush on Sam.”

“Now you admit it and I think the real term is in love with,” he cocked one of his eyebrows.

“Sam?” My voice was weakened.

“Now you finally believe me,” he hugged me. “I missed you.”

“What year is it?” I asked bracing myself for the answer.

“2020,” he whispered.

“Why are you hugging me?”

“Because I missed you,” he whispered with disbelief that I would ask him that.

“Why? I thought you didn’t care about me remember how we were back then?”

“Because I’m your best friend you are mine,” he chuckled. “How did you get here?”

“I don’t know. One moment I’m walking home and bright light shines on me and the next thing I know I’m in 2020.”

“Lets get you home, I’ll drive,” he held my wrist and pulled me out of the restaurant. I toke one glance at his car and it was amazing, it was like a Ferrari, but in a strange color.

“Why are you the only one with a car?”

“Because I’m the only one that likes to live in the past, and so do others so that’s why there are still roads,” he opened the door for me and I sat in. The car did look normal, well what I call normal. “So where do you live?”

“17 Linwood Dr.,” I whispered. It only toke 2 minutes for him to drive me, and trust me that boy can drive. It was so fast that when I blinked we were already at my house. “Do you want to come in?” I asked.

“Sure I always wondered what you’re house looked like, since you’re rich from that money from when you sued that guy,” he helped me get out of the car.

“You remember that?”

“How can I forget you kept rubbing it in my face.” We walked up the steps and toward the door.

“Oh yea,” I started to blush. Before I could open the door myself my mom opened it for me.

“Angela who’s this?” She asked bitterly, I guess she still didn’t approve of boys.

“This is Sam,” I mumbled and we walked in. She slammed the door behind us and I felt her glaring at Sam. “Look mom I’m sorry about before, Sam explained it all to me.”

“It’s ok, honey,” she hugged me. Even though my mind was really confused I just wanted to crawl in bed and fall asleep. “So who’s Sam?”

“He’s a friend from school, well was a friend from school,” I joked.

“You shouldn’t have brought him here,” she gently pushed me aside and walked closer to Sam.

“Why? He’s the one that explained things more clearly, sort of.”

“I would’ve too if you let me talk to you,” mom stepped away from Sam.

“Well Sara you got yourself in a little predicament,” Sam smiled.

“Wow Sam, big word,” I laughed and Sam joined me. “Wait, how do you know my mom’s name?”

“Because she’s my boss,” Sam put his hands in his pocket and looked really relaxed.

“Wait what?” Ok, now I’m really confused.

“Let me explain,” my mom started. “The future if I didn’t summon you here you would also be 24. You would also be married to a powerful leader that only perused his career because of you. He was in love with you and did the things he did for you. Except the things he did was evil and misunderstanding, since he was in love with you I agreed to help him, but I didn’t know it was for evil. He was going to control all of mankind and do it all for you. His exact words were, ‘once I control everyone my love will get what she deserves.’ You were really a charmer back then, so that’s why you’re here now.”

My mouth was left hanging while my eyes were bugged out with disbelief in what I was hearing. “Who is he?”

“His name’s Paul,” she said softly.

“Why are you and Sam working together?”

“Because he wanted to major in technology, so he helped me create gadgets to get you here and stop Paul,” she explained.

“Where is Paul?”

“I don’t know you guys were supposed to meet in high school, but that never happened,” Sam answered this time.

“I want to see him,” I demanded.

“Now that’s going to be hard, and if he does see you it will trigger that thing that will make him be evil,” Sam explained.

“Come on, please,” I begged.

“No and that’s final,” my mom used her strict voice. “Sam I think you better get home.”

“Ok, bye Angela,” Sam waved and I waved back. Once he left I wanted to meet this Paul guy really bad. I think I should be able to see him since he’s doing this for me.

“I think you should go to bed its 10:30,” my mom whispered. She didn’t have to say anything I was going to rush up there anyway. I ran up to my room and slammed the door shut. My room was exactly the same red blankets, giant mirror, pictures of things I drew, and my queen-sized bed.

When I threw myself on the bed, I started to flip through my contacts looking at all of my grown up friends. For some reason I didn’t want to tell them that I was found all I wanted was to be left alone right now.

My mom shut all of the lights and walked back into her room. There has to be some way for me to find that Paul guy. After I waited a few minutes for my mom to sleep I crept down stairs to look around.

Everything on the middle floor seemed normal, so I decided to check the basement. When I got down there machines were everywhere and they were labeled. The one that really caught my eye was time machine, tracking device, and the age exhilarator.

If I use the tracking device I could track that Paul guy, if I use the time machine I can travel back into time when he was high school, and I can use the age thing to make me into a high schooler. The tracking device was as big as a index card with a touch pad. The time machine was a huge box with a door that was already carved in. The age exhilarator was just like the tracking device, except it had buttons and antennas.

I first pushed the numbers on the exhilarator I typed in 15 and then suddenly a bright flash toke over my body. The bright light disappeared, nothing didn’t feel different, but I knew it worked.

Then I grabbed the tracker and walked into the time machine. When I walked in there was numbers that asked what year. I typed in 2011 and before I know it air was rushing through my body. In about a few minutes the time machine’s doors opened there was a bright light. When I walked out I was still in my basement. I started to walk toward the back doors and quickly opened it, so I could get out.

After I was outside I started to run with the tracker in my pants pocket. When I was finally alone in the dark where I knew was safe I pulled it out and started to put the name Paul in. There were a lot of Paul’s in the city, which didn’t do much for me.

Today was Thursday, so I would probably see him tomorrow. Maybe I could find somewhere to sleep, besides my own house. I could probably sleep on the grass or something. Nah, then someone would find me and probably blow my cover. There has to be some place I could go without causing any disturbance.

Well I wasn’t that sleepy and I did sleep a long time when that bright light hit me in the streets. So where would I walk to, maybe I’ll visit some houses.
The tracker gave me two addresses for Paul’s that were in high school, but one was new and I knew that was him. That would be the Paul Brez he lived sort of close to me, but I’m going to have to walk. I was never good at walking long distances in my life. Yet for some reason I wasn’t tired when I walked what I believe was 3 miles. I was almost there and the lights were on, so that meant they were still awake at 10:45 at night. Well only one of the lights were on and I think it was for Paul’s room since it wasn’t the biggest window.

I started to throw a little rock at the window, but still no answer. Maybe I should do something more dramatic. I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. More lights came on and I heard footsteps coming toward the door, so I positioned myself.

When I heard the door open I also heard a women scream, “oh my god, Charles get out here!”

I positioned myself, so it looked like I was passed out on their doorsteps. After Charles got out here, he picked me up, and gently put me on the couch. They went to bed after that and I heard footsteps coming closer to me, when I was lying down on the couch. I quickly looked toward the footsteps and sat up with a smile on my face.

“Hi,” he greeted me. He had dark brown skater hair, blue crystal eyes, sweet smile, and a gold earring.

“Hi,” I whispered.

“I’m Paul,” he walked closer to me.

“I’m Angela,” I smiled.

“That’s a beautiful name,” he smiled back.

“Thanks. Are you new here, I’ve never seen you around here before?”

“Yea, just moved from Indiana,” he sat next to me. “You okay?”

“Yea, I’m fine. Do you go to Karter High School?”

“Going there tomorrow, can’t wait,” he had a sad look on his face.

“Me too, I’m a freshmen there.”

“So am I,” his face lit up.

“Well now you know one person already,” I laughed softly. My mom is wrong this looks like he can’t even hurt a fly. She probably got the wrong guy or something. At least I’m going to see Sam tomorrow, that’s also good. “Man, I’m tired, good night,” I yawned and fell back.

“Good night,” he whispered.

It was morning and I woke up earlier then everyone else, so I decided to take another look at this tracker. The tracker would look like just a piece of junk if I were back to my old time. I saw past that though, for some reason I knew how to work this thing. Usually I would be the last person to work anything about technology, but this was very easy.

“Good morning,” I heard someone whisper from the stairs it was Paul.

“Hey,” I smiled.

“You woke up really early,” he sounded surprised.

“Yea, well I’m an early bird,” I started to get out of bed.

“My folks aren’t up, so I guess breakfast is up to us.”

“Well you, last time I tried to cook, lets just say I’m happy I’m still alive,” I joked.

“Yea, maybe I should cook,” he chuckled softly. He did have that sort of presence that reminded me of Sam. A few minutes later I was scarfing down a pancake the size of my head. I think this dude went a little too far with the size, but it was amazing anyway.

“So when did you move in?” I asked while drinking some OJ.

“I moved in 2 days ago, but I didn’t go to school because we just got settled in.”

“Awesome me and my friend Sam can show you around if you want sometime?”

“Sam? Whose Sam?” His voice had a bitter edge to it.

“He’s my friend since 7th grade,” I explained.

“Oh, ok,” he smiled again. This guy is started to creep me out a little, but I guess he might be a little jealous. “Oh s***, we have to leave,” he grabbed my arm and we left.

We waited outside for about a few seconds before the bus came, it looked normal and hopefully it was. When I walked in I saw Sam sitting by himself looking out the window. I walked toward him with Paul following me; good thing Sam was sitting in a 3-seater so we all can sit together. “Sam this is Paul,” I introduced them while sitting in the middle of them.

Since I was kidnapped before and returned to past people don’t remember me missing. “Nice to meet you,” Paul was shaking Sam’s hand. Sam was like any other high schooler it was weird to shaking hands with a peer.

“You too,” he smiled that phony smile he would always use if he’s really uncomfortable. “So how did you too meet each other I mean you live far away from Angela.”

“She passed out at my door,” Paul mumbled. When he said that all of the blood from Sam’s face was drained out.

“Really? Angela are you ok?” Sam looked me straight in the eyes.

“I’m fine,” I looked at him in the eyes.

“So you’re new Paul?” Sam totally got off that subject.

“Yea, I used to live in Indiana.”

“How was it there?”

“Amazing, but I like it here better,” Paul started looking at me weird and I was kind of uncomfortable.

“Well ok then,” I clapped my hands and started to look the other way toward Sam. Ok, maybe my mom was right and maybe this guy could be a psycho, I mean I just met him today and I think he’s in love with me. Still I was flattered, and really happy, but I love Sam.

When we got to school, I totally skipped school. I wouldn’t usually do that since I actually want to see my friends. It was a long walk to my house; I was going to go to the time machine so I could get out of here. When I reached the basement the door was still unlocked so I walked in.

I got in the time machine and started to hit the buttons 2020, hopefully my mom doesn’t notice that I was gone. When the doors opened, I was scared to step out, but I did anyway. After I stepped out no one else was in the basement, and I quickly ran upstairs.

Yet my luck was turning after I got up from the stairs my mom was staring back at me with her arms crossed and a disappointed look on her face. “Where have you been young lady?”

“Nowhere,” I brushed passed her to go back to my room.

“Nowhere? I was worried sick … wait you didn’t meet that Paul guy did you?”

“Nooo …” my voice trailed off.

“ANGELA! What have you done I’m surprised he hasn’t fallen as emperor or something yet,” she threw her hands up and started to follow me.

“Well then, I guess I’m off the hook since everything’s still normal,” I slammed my door shut and there was silence. When I looked at my phone it said one missed call, it was Sam.

I started to call him back hoping he wasn’t in danger or something. “Hello?”

“Hey Sam it’s me Angela,” I said.

“Hey, I called you before, but you didn’t pick up,” he sounded concerned.

“Yea, well I got in a fight with my mom, no biggie.”

“Good, because I was scared that Paul kidnapped you. I know what you did Angela I was there remember.”

“Ok, so I visited Paul nothing bad happened.”

“Nothing bad happened yet,” he sounded sort of scared.

“What do you mean yet?”

“That day after I met Paul you disappeared again, and then so did Paul,” he said slower.

“So he’s been missing for 9 years?”

“Yea, and remember you went missing for 11 years even worse.”

“Well don’t blame me it was yours and my mom’s fault for dragging me to the future,” I hissed,

“You mean you don’t like it here?”

“I don’t know I don’t know what to think ok?”

“Don’t worry I’ll send you back, eventually,” he sounded mysterious well tried to.

“Oh, mysterious,” I giggled. “Never knew you had that in you.”

“Well you don’t know that much about me I mean we only knew each other for less the a year.”

“But still best friends,” I whispered with joy.

“I’m glad you still notice,” he sounded as happy as me.

“Well you were the one I used to beat up remember the backpack accident,” I laughed.

“Yea, I remember that,” he laughed too.

“Good times,” I relaxed on my fuzzy purple chair.

“Remember ‘die in a hole’?”

“Oh yea that sleepover was really wild!”

When I was in 7th grade me and some of my friends had a sleepover and let’s just say one of my friends didn’t really like him that much and prank called him too much.

“Man I miss those days,” Sam sounded calm and peaceful which he never really was. In 7th grade he was the really strange one in the class, well not as strange as this other kid, but that doesn’t matter.

“I miss 7th grade,” I whispered.

“I’m sorry, but you can’t go back until Paul’s found and destroyed,” his voice was a little on the edge.

“Its ok as long as you’re here with me,” I said.

“I’ll never leave you’re side, that reminds me, look out you window.” I didn’t know what he was talking about, but I got off my bed and headed toward my window. When I looked out Sam was standing on the grass waving with his Ferrari parked in the driveway.

“Wait aren’t you supposed to be in college?”

“I took the day off to spend time with you. You know show you around and maybe meet some of your old friends,” he offered.

“Sure. Yes, that would be awesome,” I hung up the phone and ran outside. My mom didn’t stop me when she saw me, so that means I can hang out with him. “Hey,” I hugged him when I first got outside.

“Hey back,” he hugged me tighter.

“So where are we going?”

“You look a little older then before,” we started to walk toward the driveway.

“Uh yea, so where are we going?” I got off that subject.

“We’re going to Karter High School,” Sam started to drive off.

“What?” We’re going back to high school?

“Yep, there’s someone I think you should meet,” he made a sharp right turn and started to grab the cushions.

“Can you drive any slower?” I quickly asked.

“Slower? I’m only going 70 miles per hour,” he laughed.

“You’re going to kill us.”

“Nah I’ve done this before.” Soon enough we ended up at the high school and it was full of buses and cars.

“Who are we going to meet?”

“Just wait here and I’ll get them,” he left me in the car all by himself, typical Sam. The school looked like it did from 2011, so I guess only a few things changed.

Suddenly someone tapped on the window and I lost my train of thought. When I looked out I couldn’t believe my eyes, it was one of my best friends it was Leo. I opened the door and suddenly hugged him, he looked not that different maybe older, but still pretty much the same.

“Nice to see you too Angela,” he said.

“Leo, you’re still in high school?” I asked randomly.

“Nah, I’m one of the teacher assistants,” he said and I didn’t believe him.

“What?”

“Don’t worry it’s just a part time job for when I become a real artist,” he pulled away and made a weird looking pose.

“So you’re an art assistant?”

“Yea, better here then the middle school, right?” He nudged me with his elbow.

“Oh yea,” I started to laugh thinking about our old art teacher. She used to hate the word purple, she used to say ‘purple means SHUT UP! And violet means please me quiet.’ Yea we had a weird and scary experience in middle school art. “So where’s Sam?”

“He went in to get someone else and I think you’ll like her,” Leo had a huge smile planted on his face that sort of creped me out.

“Her? I know a lot of hers I’m kind of scared know.”

“Don’t worry she only ruined your life 8 times,” he started laughing. When he said that I knew exactly whom he was talking about. Well she did ruin my life 8 times and all of them were about telling Sam embarrassing things like, I think he looks hot in a green shirt or something.

“Hey Angela,” a voice interrupted my sort of flashback and hugged me.

“Rachel!” I hugged her back.

“Ugh, I missed you so much,” she gently pulled away.

“I didn’t I just say you 2 days ago,” I joked.

“Maybe like over 2 years for me.”

“Are you still ruining other people’s lives?”

“Yea, but you were the first person and that’s special,” she laughed. She didn’t look that different still dark chocolate skin, still bags under her eyes, and still that innocent little smile.

“You guys enjoying you’re little reunion,” Sam came out of the doors.

“Yea, why did you bring me here?”

“Because they helped me with you’re summoning and I promised them they could see you.”

“Why are you here?” I asked Rachel.

“Because Sam told me to, I don’t work here like Leo.”

“Hey, it pays good money,” Leo defended himself.

“I thought teachers would always complain on their salary?” I corrected.

“Nah it’s the future the teachers get even more money,” Leo explained.

“So where do you work?” I asked Rachel again.

“I work with you’re mom on the plans,” she answered.

“I remember in 7th grade you said you were so stupid,” I brought a little piece of our memory back.

“Man I miss those days,” Rachel said while he all hugged in a big circle. This probably looked weird two 24-year-old guys, one 25-year-old girl, and one 15-year-old looking girl hugging. Still everyone was inside and working, so we were practically safe.

“I think we need to get going,” Sam started to look at his watch, “and don’t worry they’re coming with us.”

“Yay,” I started to bounce up and down while clapping my hands.

“Still the same old Angela,” Sam mumbled.

“Who you calling old grandpa,” I laughed. Once we got in the car and Sam started driving we were all talking about this plan with Paul and hopefully I’ll never see him again.

Then suddenly Sam made a quick left turn and we were hidden in a dark ally. “Why are we here?” I asked.

“We’re going to need to take the public transportation for safety purposes,” Sam explained. We all got out of the car and roads were empty, so it was safe to walk in the roads.

When I looked up I knew he meant we’re taking those trucks in a tube. We arrived at this building that looked like a train station. “We would like 4 tickets to Gard Manor,” Sam asked this robot thing.

“Here you go sir,” the voice sounded really like an animatronics at a theme park or something. Once we got the tickets we rode in this glass elevator up to the last floor, which I think is where the train or truck is. When we stepped onto the platform out of the elevator a bright light shined in the middle of the platform.

The light shines went away in a few seconds and standing there was Paul, I couldn’t believe my eyes. He was carrying a gun and ordered, “everyone get into the truck we’re going somewhere special.”

Surprisingly he didn’t notice me yet and was pointing the gun at people who weren’t getting in. There was no police or anything, what kind of messed up city is this?

Once we got into the truck there was no more seats in the middle or back only in the front where Paul would sit. I slowly sat up there looking down to the ground while Paul sat next to me.

When I looked up his face looked astonished and amazed. “I don’t like what you’re doing,” I whispered.

“Pete, turn around we’re going in a different direction,” he announced. Everyone looked a little happy, while my friends were sitting in the back looking worried about me. “Angela,” he whispered and grabbed my hand.

“Paul what are you doing?” I softly asked.

“I used a time machine to get more money for something.”

“Then why are you kidnapping all of these people?”

“Because they have money and I need them for something else,” his voice trailed off when he said else.

“What are you going to do with them?”

“You’re going to hate me, but I need them for a ritual to make us immortal, so we can live together. After you disappeared that one day I thought you died and since you’re here it’s going to be easier,” his voice sounded sweet, but I didn’t buy it. My mom was right he is crazy and would do anything just to make me happy. “Then after we’re immortal we can control this whole world and you’ll be mine forever.”

“But what if I don’t want to,” there was resentment in my voice.

“Well that’s too bad,” he grabbed my hand harder and the next thing I knew I was tied down a bed. I was struggling to get out, but the ropes were strong. “Don’t worry sweetie, I’m here for you,” he was standing in the doorway.

“Get away from me!” I yelled.

“I can’t because soon enough you’ll love me and we’ll be happy forever,” he said menacingly and disappeared. This was horrible something bad is going to happen to Rachel, Leo, and Sam, because of me.

Suddenly my watch was beeping and then a red laser started to cut the rope, which tied down my hands. My hands were free, so I started to untie them and I was free at last. Where to go though? I started to head down some random direction and I found myself at a room with the people inside it.

They were the people from the truck, so that meant Sam, Rachel, and Leo were here. Everyone was chained to the walls blindfolded and something wrapped around their mouths. “Sam? Rachel? Leo?” I whispered. Then I heard a muffling sound from three people all the way in the back. I untied their blindfolds and their eyes were full of joy to see me. Then I used my watch to cut the chains and the rest was cake.

We just didn’t leave the people there, we unchained them, unblindfolded them, but left the things tied around their mouths because they can do it themselves. When we were done we told them to stay in the room for safety.

After we got out of the room we all started to head to Paul’s secret room, which Sam led the way since he heard about it. Once we found it found Sam kicked the door open and there was a big black hole in the middle of the room. Paul was on the side chanting words and throwing some herbs in it. “Well I see you found me,” he chucked.

“Yea, know give it up, you’re under arrest,” Sam pulled out a cop badge. Ok, now that I didn’t see that coming Sam worked for the FBI? Which meant Rachel and my mom also works for the FBI. Ok, now that’s kind of awesome and amazing.

“Too bad,” Paul argued. “My spell is almost done I just need a few people to be a sacrifice and then my plan would be complete!”

“Not if I can help it!” Sam kicked Paul and fell on the ground. Then they started a fistfight, they started punching, pushing, slapping, and much more. Soon the people came with minions holding them against their will. Rachel kicked the door shut, so no one can get in. Sam and Paul started to bleed horribly, and most of it fell into the black hole.
Then Sam pushed Paul into the black hole and the last thing he said was, “I love you Angela.”
Suddenly everything disappeared the house, the black hole, everything, so everyone was just left standing in the middle of a forest. “What just happened?” I asked.
“I don’t know,” Rachel, said unsure.
“Well Paul’s dead for good and we know that he won’t be back, because once he fell in there no one will remember him, well except us,” Sam sat up wiping some blood from his mouth.
“So I guess I have to go back to 2009?” I asked.
“Yea, but you’ll still see us and this time the future will be different,” Leo walked up to us.
“I would say I’m going to miss you guys, but I’ll see you on Monday,” I joked.
After everyone was safe and I was back home I was ready to leave. “Angela, before you leave there’s something I want to tell you,” Sam walked up to me before I stepped in the time machine.
“Yea?”
“Ever since the day I met you, I fell in love with you,” he hugged me while whispering it.
“Really? Me too, well you know that already.”
“Yea, so when you see me back in 7th grade do this,” he pulled me in close and started to kiss me. His lips were warm and welcoming everything I thought it would be. My arms were hanging from his neck, while his was on my hips.
“Ok,” I tried to regain focus when we were done. “Oh and I have to return to being 13 again.” I toke the age exhilarator and transformed me back to a 13-year-old girl.

“Even when I do get insensitive remember that I love you,” he whispered and gave me a peck on the cheek.

“I love you too.” I stepped in the machine and waved goodbye to future Sam and all my other friends. When I typed in the numbers I felt like a part of me was complete and whole.

This peice was inspired by a dream i had one night. It was also inspired by one of my friends that keeps pushing me to write everyday.

Reine S said...
Wow! Intense and well written. Good Job!