Gods to Us | Teen Ink

Gods to Us

March 21, 2009
By The_Madcap GOLD, Vancouver, Washington
The_Madcap GOLD, Vancouver, Washington
13 articles 0 photos 8 comments

If there is truly a divine being, what would he want with us humans? Yet the concept of multiple deities is even more confounding, no pantheon would trouble itself with the limited perceptions of reality we humans possess. We live in a world of Three Dimensions while other beings can, in theory, live in many more dimensions. Living in these dimensions would cause omnipotence, a trait held by gods. Perhaps, with the great aeons unknown to us, life may evolve to obtain awareness of these great dimensions and eventually, with far more alien aeons, the free movement of these places.

But what about those who have had these great lengths of time (time we will now think of as an understatement)? What kind of mental state would those who can inhabit the great fourth dimension, the dimension of time itself? Moving freely in time would make history unnecessary. What is history to a being that can freely go back and change what it so disapproved of? Perhaps even our lives are so meaningless that it can come to your birth, and end your existence with a mere whim of its ultimate strength. But traveling through time is but the beginning. What if these being traveled in the great dimensions of distorted space? These beings would be so powerful; they could easily be in two places at the same time. This would create paradoxes in our clearly undeveloped senses of physics, but what is a paradox to us compared to a being that can exist in multiple times and in multiple places?

These beings would truly be gods to us! They would be so powerful that a mere thought of fancy would cause them to change our history these gods can bring us into a golden age of peace and knowledge, or a desolate age of madmen feasting on the still living of their fellows.

Oh gods! Evolved beings far more terrifying and alien than anything I could ever truly imagine. With your power are you corrupt? Are you so powerful that you can destroy us with a sheer thought? Do you delight in our pain as humans, or are you so simply bored that you choose to divide us, destroy us, and drive us mad? What gods you are that your power comes from our fear?

Do not question your true gods; your human gods are of the same caliber in evil, but with a different philosophy. Your gods that you have created punish the wicked and reward the faithful, but are the wicked not the ones who do not believe but act as the faithful, while the faithful are the believers who do as the wicked do?

My gods do not make Hippocratic judgments they judge us all the same, we are all nothing. No amount of prayer, fasting, or religious devotion will matter.