Who am I? | Teen Ink

Who am I?

By SaraVigil22 BRONZE, Martinsburg, West Virginia
SaraVigil22 BRONZE, Martinsburg, West Virginia

People say be who you want to be, to do what feels right to you and what makes you feel better about who you are. In this world, how many people even know who they are? I don’t remember who I was supposed to be. The perfect daughter, a girlfriend to some guy who just wanted to pass the time, the one all the housework and chores were left to, the one friend who can't help when others are feeling down. I'm not the one who was supposed to be in the spotlight. Im a supporting character, even in my own story. I know this and yet I find myself wanting to be someone special to anyone, or everyone. Where was i supposed to be in order to get my que, my calling to come and join the crowd. Was I meant to live in the shadows forever, never leaving my house and never really talking to people outside of school. My old friends who I thought I meant the world to, forgot about me when I moved. I guess im not that memorable, or maybe im just that replaceable. Not matter where I go or who I see, it takes me no time to realized im not need there, here, or anywhere. I used to think it wouldn’t matter who I was, but once I realized maybe I'm going to be important someday. So someday maybe I will meet my prince charming or maybe I wont ever fall in love but it won't matter, because someday ill be the great one. So until that day comes, I'm gonna be me. Whoever that may be. We shall see.