Upon Her Wings

My wings swayed downwards and the updrafts moved. The air pushing against me, gave small hisses, slapping against my wings. My wild and knotted hair blew widly behind me and I dived. Leaving the warm gushes of wind, and I let gravity take me away. I picked up speed and saw the green terrain. It's lush forest, untouched by humans, gave off a beautiful aroma. Creeks guided down the hills, took away branches and leaves. Crickets chirped loudly, and the rainbow of colored birds squawk loudly in the canopy. I was 15 feet away from the ground and I was getting closer. I tilt my light hazel wings up a bit and I brush against the ground. Small purple flowers rub against my stomach. I land gracefully, folding my wings. I shake my body, letting the adrenline calm down that pulses through my veins. My heart beats wildly, my lungs ache from the lack of oxygen. My bright emerald green eyes take in my surroundings. A small clearing, tall and wild grasses poke out of the ground in clusters. My jagged scar that was cut ruthlessly, throbbed. I tried raking through my light blue hair as I walked through the towering trees. Moss, dangling in groups, clung to the trees and to the ground. Soft dirt stuck to my barefeet, and I sat down on an old tree trunk, and sighed deeply. Closing my eyes, I opened my mouth. A soft lullaby of my native tongue echoed off the trees, carried down by the single great white tide river and taken away by the wind.