Watching you | Teen Ink

Watching you

By Dgreenfield7117 BRONZE, Arlington Heights, Illinois
Dgreenfield7117 BRONZE, Arlington Heights, Illinois

"What is he doing here," I thought to myself, "I didn't expect to see him outside of school. He says he has such a great life but I won't know unless I follow him."

He got out of his seat by the fountain, the mall was crowded today but not too crowed where it would be hard to follow him. As I watched him round a corner, I dashed to that same corner to see where exactly he went. He started speaking with someone I coundn't quite make out. It seemed like money and an object was exchanged like some shady spy movie. Johnny then looked over his shoulder and saw a cop, he and his "friend" then bolted into the women's underwear store as he walked by.

Granted it was weird that I was staring around after acorner and it wasnt until the cop made it up to me that I realized how weird I was acting. Luckily for me the cop just walked on by with a interesting stare directed my way. Johnny started walking out of the store but alone this time. He headed to the bathroom while fumbling with something in his pocket. I followed him and when he entered I waited outside for a minute until I was sure that he was using the crapper, I entered and went to the nearest stall. I heard him let out a peep as a syringe bounced off the floor into my stall.

My eyes burst, Johnny did drugs. I didn't know what to do, so I sat silently awaiting the impending confrontation, but that never happened. All Johnny did was stumble out of the stall and leave the bathroom. I was done following Johnny, I had seen more than my fair share, and didn't want to see what else he would pull out.