the best debut actor | Teen Ink

the best debut actor

May 20, 2017
By shanmukh BRONZE, Visakhapatnam, Other
shanmukh BRONZE, Visakhapatnam, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

This was a very unexpected moment for me. I was sitting between Tara and my idol Mr.Varun Sharma. It was the Annual Film Awards and then I heard the words, the words I was longing to listen from a long time. “And the best debut actor for the year (whatever year it was) goes to Mr.Siddharth Roy for the movie (whatever movie it was).” My legs were shaking as I went up the stage. Thousands of people before me, but all I could see was the bokeh of varied colours as my eyes were filled with the tears of joy. I received the award from Mr.Prudhvi Singh. I don’t think he heard me saying thank you cause my voice was too low due to this ‘once-a-life-time’ moment. “Siddharth do you want say something” asked the host.
“Yeah” I started off.
“I really prepared for good speech but it’s all gone now. Ahh! What a moment. I wish I could freeze the time and just start running here and there like a mad guy.” The crowd gave a very feeble laughter for this. “I want to thank a lot of people, my family, my friends, my director, my co-stars, and yeah my cameraman Mr. Prakash and editor Daniel, who made me look better on the screen.”
Now the laughter was feebler than the before one.
“I know I am taking a lot of time but I should tell you this. This isn’t the first time that I am giving this speech”. A small pause, just for anticipation. “I have given this very same speech for many times.”
“But then I was in my bathroom.” Now the laughter was loud enough. It’s not like a dream come true for me; it’s like a fantasy come true.
“Siddhu stop baking buns in your dreams and come out of the bathroom” shouts Siddharth’s mom.
“Yeah mom, coming.”


The author's comments:

I am a daydreamer and a night thinker