Sorry

Sorry, it's a meaningful word when you know how to use it properly anyway. I, Nicole Ane Worthington, am the absolute worst at apologizes. I can't even say that I'm sorry for knocking something over without making a bigger fool out of my self. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like not to have to such as big of mess of a life.
   My mom is Korean, and my dad is French. That makes for a very weird looking child let me tell you that! I look Korean because I have my mom's dark complexion and hair, but I have my dad's bright baby blue eyes, athletic built body (just darker skinned) , and very frizzy curls(also darker).
    My older sister, Amy(Amulet) got dads complexion and light hair color while she also got moms straight hair and attitude. If you were to bet on who me and Amy act most like it would be a straight win if you bet that Amy acted like mom and I act like dad. Dad is more sophisticated, he always picks my side in the arguments that Amy and I have. Mom couldn't care less who wins in an argument and it's like she doesn't understand me. I wish she did. Sometimes I want to scream at her are you sure you are really my mother? I know she is but it doesn't feel like she is she doesn't understand me, nor does she see how uncomfortable it is to be around her when she is like that.
    I asked Amy if she was really my mother. She said she was, but she hesitated before she replied to my straight yes or no question. I think she was lying, but when I asked dad he said yes, no hesitation. I think they are both lying to me now.
     But anyway if there not how am I supposed to apologize I suck at apologizes in the first place. I know they have a ton of meaning behind it when you say the apology correctly and mean it. Problem, my attitude has always gotten the best of me when it comes to apologizing. And it ain't the good type of attitude either.
   Whenever I start it’s like it just comes out wrong. I mean it when I say it, but it doesn’t sound like it… I can’t seem to say anything and make it sound like I mean it.
I have went through elementary and middle school while being bullied. It has been these same kids doing it too. On 8th grade graduation day, I was in charge of speaking for the class and I did a really cool speech on learning, just when I had finished and started walking down the steps, I tripped and the bullies just laughed. They got all the parents to laugh too, even mine.
Now I love my parents dearly, but since the day I turned 4 they have been arguing, more and more. They try to hide it for us, but Amy and I can hear them anyway. Somehow I think it is all my fault. “ If I had just not been born. Then they wouldn’t argue as they do. If I disappeared then they would care again. What was Amy thinking? Is she going to tell them to stop?”

SpeakerofWolvesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 19 at 9:17 am
@bjfz03-10 Awesome job on the story! I like the character development and the ending gave a hang on what will Nicole will do. Will she run away? Or wills he stay and bear the arguments? I need to know! The only critics I will only say is that to be sure on your grammar, spelling, and read the story over and over to make some revisions, just to be sure that the story flows.