He's watching you | Teen Ink

He's watching you

He’s watching you
5/8/16
Hi, welcome to my journal, filled with my personal experiences. If you are reading this then I caution you, everything recorded is the truth and only the truth.  I remember the first time I went to my Grandparents house for the summer. Grandma would cook the best meals, and Grandpa would always keep me entertained with his funny stories from his past. Things started took a funny turn a few years ago. It started as faint noises and creaks on the floor. My small, innocent mind thought nothing of it at first. Things like this would always happen, but I only released the severity of the situation recently. One specific night I remember vividly will always haunt me. I had wanted to go to bed early this night. The harsh summer sun, and tiresome hours of playing outside with the neighborhood kids had drained me. I closed my eyes and went to sleep like any other night. I was awoken abruptly, with darkness surrounding me. I had never realised how dark a room could be until now; so dark I started to question if I was truly still in my room. A steady buzzing ringed in my ear. An attempt at moving my hand failed, making me nervous. Quickly, I realised that I couldn’t move. I panicked as the feeling of pressure on my body holding me down became apparent . I attempted to scream, but nothing came out. The fear in my heart was progressing, fear of aching, hurting, dying. My initial thought had not been death; a few minutes i weighed this as an option. While still in this paralyzed state, my door began to creak open. My eyes darted toward my door where I could make out a figure in the darkness. It, whatever it was, was very very tall. I could make out any specific features on it. I closed my eyes and whispered “jesus help me” to myself and I was able to move again. I looked up and the figure had disappeared. I couldn’t fall back asleep for the rest of the night--I was pretty shaken up from this.
5/9/16
Pretending that the night did not affect me, I went about my days almost forgetting about the incident. But a few weeks later something else very if not more creepy happened. I was walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night when I saw a downstairs light on. I thought this was weird because my grandma had to get up early that morning and my grandpa works night shifts at a hospital. I walked down the stairs and into the lighted room which happens to be the office. He was in a chair with his back faced toward me. Something was off, I didn’t know what at the time though. My Grandpa’s hair was usually gray with a few black hairs. His person’s hair was all gray. I called out for him; planning on asking him what he was doing, but got no response. I tried again yelling his name. This time he turned around, and to my shock his face looked sick. He had a slight grin on his face that seemed erry. Confused, I walked away feeling my tired eyes getting heavy. I decided I would question him more in the morning. My Grandma woke me up and asked if I wanted breakfast. I quickly got up at the thought of food. While enjoying my food, my Grandma randomly asked what I had been doing in the office. I told her I was only in there because I saw Grandpa in there last night. She said that Grandpa was at work last night and had just got back early this morning while she was cooking breakfast.
5/10/16
One saturday when my Grandpa didn't have work I asked him about the night he was in the office. He told me he didn't know what I was talking about--I feared this response more than anything. Deep down inside I had known what was going on. I just didn't want to admit it, because then it would make it real.
5/11/16
Something happened to me last night. I had a very weird dream. I think thinking about this stuff has triggered something in me. Things  like this only happened at my Grandparents house. The dream was about a man chasing me. I kept running, but it wasn't fast enough because he caught up to me. Then I woke up .
5/12/16
I'm getting pretty creeped out now. Last night my door opened and a figure just stood there at my door.
5/13/16
This is my last entry--I don't want to ever think about this again. I am very scared right now. I can’t explain the feeling inside me. I will write about this one last time. It all started at dinner last night. Me and my mom were eating in separate rooms. I was in the kitchen while she was in the dining room. No one else was in the house but us. There was a loud thump that came from upstair startling me. My mom went up to check it out, after about 30 minutes she still was gone. As I came up the stairs, I peeked in her room and she was not there. I ignored it and went about my day. When night time came I got in my bed attempting to go to sleep. A cold drift hit my body making me snuggle underneath my blanket. Getting comfortable I soon feel asleep. I was awoken by loud scratches from above me. I went to the bathroom to pee, hearing something moving around above me. The noises stopped and something was moved, judging by the noise probably a door. I decided against investigating it. I went back to my room and got in bed; only to feel a pair of eyes staring at me. I quickly ran over to turn on my lights to see my mom in the corner of my room staring at me. It really started to creep me out, because I was calling her name but she wasn't responding. She said he’s watching you 4 times before collapsing. And this is the last experience I had.