The Silent Promise

You stand gazing out the window, fingertips tracing the outline of the horizon. Your stare is hard, though in some ways still gentle-full of memories tainted by hurt. And I, only ghosting over that sea of pain, am left with a bitter taste in my mouth. I feel the weight you have borne on your shoulders, the wounds carved deep into your flesh-and I want them to disappear.
Many before me have tried to help you heal, presenting their hearts to you in hopes that you might listen to their sweet nothings. But all are swiftly turned away by your hand. So let me ask you this one simple question: is it just you are blind to empathy? Loved ones surround you and hold you close, treasuring each moment spent near you. Yet your heart remains a cavern, barren and void of life.
I'm begging you, let me in-at least let my love bring heat your cold chest. You don't have to be alone forever. Just lean on my shoulder; I'll be your net when you fall. All you have to do is turn your eyes from your past and rest them on mine. Because whenever you cry out, I'll be next to you, weeping with you through your struggles. And when your heart soars, I'll fly up to meet you, and we'll both share a secret smile.
I believe that our times of joy and suffering will come and go, eventually to be lost in time. But there is one thing that won't ever change. No matter what happens or how many years come to pass, I still know this. I won't ever leave your side.

monniefish said...
Mar. 31, 2009 at 2:16 am
Its beautiful.

justmeonlyme said...
Mar. 31, 2009 at 12:08 am
this is a great piece! i love this it helps me understand some parts of my life so thank you for writing this, even if it is for you.

AngelDreamer said...
Mar. 31, 2009 at 6:02 am
Thank you so much-I'm really glad that something I wrote could touch on something in your life. It means a lot to me. :)