Stronger | Teen Ink

Stronger

March 15, 2009
By Toxic_Wasteland PLATINUM, Andowver, New Jersey
Toxic_Wasteland PLATINUM, Andowver, New Jersey
23 articles 0 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life... It Goes On."~Robet Frost


"Hey Max! Waht's up?" She smiles at her friend Ryan as she walks steadily down the noisy, busy, school hallway. Students are at their lokcers gathering their books for the day.

"Hey Ryan." Ryan watches her face and knows, automatically, something is wrong. he runs up to her side and stares at her. she pays no mind to him and keeps walking.

She soon stops at her other friend, Cheleasa's, locker.


"Hey Maxy," Chelsea stares at her friend along with Ryan, Max makes no attempt to move and opens her mouth. before she says anything tears stream down her face. her friends watch but grab her hands and hold them tight.

"hey, Max what is it, what happened." Ryan looks her in the eyes and Max speaks."

"i went ot the doctors Sunday morning and.." her voice trails off as more tears stream and her breathing becomes heavy.

"Maxy, what happened what did he say?"

Ryan and Chealsea await her answer and it's a quick mumbble of words.

"ihavecancer." ryan looks at chelsea with confusiona and in unisson say

"Huh???"

"i said," she breakjs off to breathe and finsishs
"i have... cancer."

Ryan and chelsea stare at their friend with shock, in the next momment they are in a tight huhg and each one is in a blur of tears.