I Know a Faerie | Teen Ink

I Know a Faerie MAG

She disguises herself but I know she is one. She has long red hair down her back and a sprinkle of freckles under her eyes and around her nose. She doesn’t talk much but when she does, she sings. She tells stories about women in yellow pants and capes and long green dresses. She’s says she’s happy where she is but I know she wants to travel. She wants to travel across the world only to come home and tell about all the people she met and make up stories about their lives. I play with her hair and twist her long locks into a big bun and then let it fall over her shoulders with the scent of sunflowers tickling my nose.

She must have an elf prince somewhere waiting for her to return to the forest so that they can run in the hills and curl their toes around the long blades of grass. She’d whisper into his pointed ears and he’d chuckle quietly, his long black hair wrapping around his face. And when it was daytime again she’d have to come home to her family. They’d part with a sweet kiss and he’d disappear into the morning darkness as she tiptoes home. I know she wouldn’t bring her wings out because she is so afraid to let everyone know what she is. I don’t know why because I’m sure everyone would still like her.

I dream of her wings. Clear-veined wonders that fluttered in the moonlight breeze. There’d be a tint of purple and pink on the tips and rips around the edges where she and her elfin prince rolled around in the lake and her delicate wings got caught on the rocks. She’d dance wildly with her wings out. Holding out her arms and dancing while her prince watched and while the brown leaves fell on top of her. She’d dance and sing and show off as he lounged on a log and grinned.

She’s back with her family now. Happy and content. This is her other world and she likes it here too. She still thinks about the forest and her elfin prince during the day. But only briefly, only for a moment.

I do know one ...

i love this !

LaylaViolet said...
Nobody writes about faeries anymore--ever since vampires dominated--but this is really scandously curious. Love it!