The Bonbon Dilemma | Teen Ink

The Bonbon Dilemma

By Pianogirlaustin BRONZE, Lyons, New York
Pianogirlaustin BRONZE, Lyons, New York

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known"

Nick Devall was mad. This wasn’t an unusual occurrence, Nick was always mad, but today he was furious.  His rage went beyond any rational thought.  Someone had eaten his bonbons and Nick Devall loved his bonbons!  It wasn’t like he could just go to the store and buy more.  He lived in Hawaii.  The stupid natives had no idea what bonbons were, they were practically savages for heaven sake!  He had ordered those cookies from a specialty bon-bon store in Chimichanga, Maine! 
     Nick stomped outside and let the screen door slam shut behind him.  The sky was dark and there were weird clouds swirling around the mouth of the volcano but Nick didn’t give two hoots about the weather, he was still thinking about his delicious, sweet, chocolate covered cookies and suddenly he couldn’t control it any more.  From the deepest pit of his belly welled up a yell that finally burst forth in a ferocious, inhumane roar.  What Nick didn’t realize was at that at that exact moment a fountain of molten hot lava burst from the mouth of the volcano and rained down on the village on the opposite side of the island Nick roared again, the ground started to shake and the island broke in half.  He ripped his shirt off and threw it on the ground, sharks jumped out of the ocean and started to eat anything they could get their fins on!  He broke a branch, every tree on the other half of the island caught on fire!  He threw a rock, a rockslide rushed down the other side of the volcano!  He curled up into a ball and began to cry, lightening struck all the live stock and it began to pour! 
     Then, suddenly Nick heard a sound like a million angels singing.  He looked up and through his veil of tears, a small, cookie shaped raft floated towards him and miracle of miracles, nestled in the middle of it was a box of Nan’s Bonbons from Chimichanga, Maine!  He rushed to the raft,  picked up the box and started to dance his happy dance.  The lava was sucked back into the mouth of the volcano, the island knit itself back together, the sharks spat out everything they ate and slunk back into the ocean, the fire went out and the trees went back to normal.  The rocks were put back, the rain stopped and the animals came back to life.  All the humans who were injured or killed were returned back to full health and everything was as it should be.
     Nick skipped back to his house, stepped through the door, turned around, smiled and said,
      “Wow,it really is a beautiful day today!”.

I wrote this piece for school. I had to make the weather reflect the main characters mood. I also wrote it to make my family laugh. Enjoy!