Chapter XV.V | Teen Ink

Chapter XV.V

By RockyLightwood GOLD, New York City, New York
RockyLightwood GOLD, New York City, New York

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss

The seventh and a half planet the little prince visited was smaller than the last one. He could only take a couple of spots before coming back to the spot he was on before. This planet had only one obect occupying it. As the little prince got closer, he could see the outline of a figure.

"Who's there?" the little prince asked. The figure came into clearer focus. The little prince gasped as he looked at the deformed creature. It had tiny dots on it that looked foreign to the little prince.

"What are you?" he asked.

"I am a strawberry" it said.

"What do you do here?" the little prince asked.

"I am the only inhabitant on this planet, so I am lonely. Sometimes, I wish I had someone to watch the sunset with" the strawberry sadly said. The little prince visibly brightened at the word "sunset."

"I would happily accompany you for the sunset watching." Both of them walked together to the strawberry's favorite spot to watch the sunset. It was a tiny hill, high enough to see the sun go all the way down. As they waited for the sun to set, the strawberry and the little prnice talked about themselves.

He learned that the strawberry likes to play games, but has to do them by herself because she lives alone. Right before the sun set, the little prince played a game with the strawberry. She was pleased she spent her day with the little prince. They turned just in time to see the sun go down. It was a beautiful orange haze just above the horizon, lighting up the sky as if lit byfire, yet the haze was so crisp and clear. The sun, like a large, grandeur orange fireball in the distance was partially cloaked by the hanging cloads, which were all splashed with the random colors of hot pinks, reds and even hits of purples and blues.

Once the sun disappeared behind a sea of dark, lonely clouds in the twilight sky, the strawberry turned toward the little prince.

"Tell me why you came to my planet. People usually pass by me because they think I am weird to look at. They don't stay long enough to know me" the strawberry lamented.

"Well, I stayed, didn't I? I know that you are a sweet strawberry even though you have a weird form" the little prince replied.

"Now that I have discussed, tell me yours" the strawberry said. The little prince sighed, getting ready to tell the strawberrry the cause of his journey.

"On my planet, there is a rose with four thorns. She is beautiful, but very rude. I like her a lot, but she doesn't understand nor appreciate it" the little prince explained.

"Your problem is that you care fore her, you show it to her, but don't directly say it. Change the way you approach her and talk to her" the strawberry replied. The little prince understood his mistake.

"That's interesting. I never thought this way. I thought just taking care of her would show how much I liked her." The little prince waved goodbye to the strawberry and headed for the eight planet