Make America Great Again? | Teen Ink

Make America Great Again?

January 20, 2017
By totallynotandrew SILVER, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
totallynotandrew SILVER, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

January 20th, 2017—A day that changed the world forever. In the months leading up to this day Americans have been losing their grip on reality. Facts have been forgotten; even the most trusted of news sources fell to waves of doubt and irrational scrutiny. Politicians were no longer elected based off policy or virtue, but simply by how negatively they could portray their opposition. The newly elected president was not free from this. Quite the contrary, in fact, as Donald J. Trump exemplifies this idea, riding into office on a tsunami of controversy, and hatred with a campaign based around hate and fear mongering. His inauguration into the office of the president marked the point of no return for America, with the world to follow.
I do not know what will happen if things continue the way they have, but I can do my best to change the world for the best of everyone. It won’t be easy, quite the contrary, there may be casualties and a lot of them at that, yet this will pale in comparison to what the future has in store.
Who I am is unimportant, and I wish to remain anonymous in case this whole fiasco turns against me. I am far from being an infallible hero and I have no desire to be remembered as such. If you are reading this now you are either one of the last surviving humans on the nuclear wasteland once called Earth or you are living in a new world, a better world. Either way I am probably dead.
We did not think things could get much worse in 2016 after the people of America elected Donald Trump, despite credible accusations of him being a puppet of Putin. I can tell you now that these accusations were completely true, but the Trump propaganda machine was able to smother all dissenting opinions under propaganda and deliberate planting of illegitimate evidence, making even credible claims seem false. This was only a hint at things to come, as today, exactly four years after Trump was first elected, there are no longer public elections. Under the guise of the average person being too easily manipulated into the wrong decision, Trump abolished the popular vote altogether, only allowing the elites of his hand selected electoral college to vote. On top of this, Trump withdrew American troops protecting democracy and installed his own friends as “leaders” in disputed areas in the Middle East and beyond.
In just four short years America—the country which had been the protector of democracy—turned into the destroyer of the very thing it sought to defend. Allied with Vladimir Putin and breaking international law, Trump quickly and brutally conquered key European countries including, Britain, France, and Germany, once again putting his own people in charge. All this was hidden in plain sight from the public eye of course, any legitimate reports on the events were written off as anti-Trump propaganda. Even I would not have known the true course of events had I not tapped into Trump’s personal phone line. His official public statement was that American forces had been sent in to stop violent rebellions. Because three of the world’s most stable countries would suddenly and simultaneously be in complete anarchy...Right. 
Sure, after the EU’s surrender to the will of Trump and Putin there was no longer a chance of a war between the Western world and Russia, but it does not take a genius to see that it will not be long until every country under the influence of these two tyrants will soon succumb to dictators of their own. With years of human rights violations along with the deaths of millions at the hands of their own government to follow.
A little more about me: I have direct contact with Donald Trump as well as connections within the Russian government, they may not be sympathetic to my radical ideas, but they don’t need to support me for me to manipulate them into doing my bidding. I know Trump being as temperamental as he is will not need much incentive to turn on his former allies. I wrote up and delivered a detailed plan on how Trump could gain control of the entire world, involving one key step: nuking Russia. In turn, I sent my contacts in the Kremlin a similar plan involving nuclear strikes on America. These seeds in place, I could focus on my spreading of misinformation and wait for tension to eventually break into violence.
The world will be sent into a nuclear war, ideally killing Trump, Putin, and all their allies in power. As nuclear winter sets in the world will have to band together to survive, bringing in a new era of human prosperity. Death is inevitable, but under the soon to be dictatorships many people will die extended, torturous deaths at the hands of the very people who are supposed to protect them. I would much rather have them die an instantaneous death in a nuclear fireball.
As I predicted, given a little bit of extra incentive, Trump broke ties with Russia as tensions are quickly increasing. Nuclear war is imminent. What were formerly bustling cities were devoid of any signs of life as people relocated to the countryside hoping to survive the nukes that would soon hit all major cities of the world. News reports suggested that there was enough nuclear arsenal to obliterate every single inch of land on Earth.
Three years have passed since Trump broke ties with Russia. If democracy had not been destroyed, Trump would be nearing the end of his second term and a new president would soon take charge. I never imagined so much time would pass without a shot being fired. In the three years that passed after Trump armed the first missiles, tensions have only been increasing. Reports suggested that Russia and the United States had panic buttons to immediately launch enough missiles ready to reduce the Earth to ash at the push of a button. If either of these buttons are pushed there would be no recovering of what was to come.
July 4th, 2025—I woke up to the sound of nuclear sirens around me. In the distance I can see dozens of small points quickly approaching my area. This is the end for me, but maybe mankind will survive.